You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What top 100 players will not be drafted AT ALL?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11639
Location: WI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:
Some people will understand this is sexism.

Society made a collective choice you don't like. We're so sorry.

DraftHobbyist wrote:
How dare people like me stand up against the inequalities against men, right? smh True civil rights issues are often mocked and ridiculed. In fact, the less people recognize a group as in need of rights the bigger a civil rights issue it is. Mixon is the latest victim of a culture is that all too willing to dispose of men.

Make a sign and go protest somewhere. Thanks.


Last edited by CalhounLambeau on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:34 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crickett


Joined: 27 Nov 2004
Posts: 4904
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread.... it just keeps going. Brick wall
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11639
Location: WI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Men are women are not equal physically on a genetic level, is that biological sexism?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Broncofan


Joined: 02 Dec 2013
Posts: 3609
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



At some point let's just agree to disagree. Calhoun, I don't know if you can make any more headway here.

(For full disclosure, I have no issue with Mixon getting drafted by DEN if the FO has vetted him to their satisfaction...but the arguments defending him the last 2 pages by DH...well let's just agree to disagree and call it a day).
_________________
steelpanther wrote:
This is like playing checkers with a pigeon. No matter how well you play, sooner or later the pigeon is going to crap on the board, then puff his chest out and strut around like he won something.


Last edited by Broncofan on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ragnarok


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 904
Location: Washington, DC
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dede Westbrook. Short, dime-a-dozen slot WR with some serious off-the-field issues that are more than a one-time thing.

I think Mixon goes in the 2nd. He is very talented and his issue happened a long time ago which does help his cause. He was punished for it and seems genuinely remorseful(at least on the outside). We all make mistakes, his was just more egregious. However, I don't think it should preclude him from having a chance to play in the NFL.
_________________
Come join BDL!

Seriously, we're awesome. We all may or may not have mild-at-best psychological issues, but we are damn fun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jlash


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 2133
Location: NJ
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragnarok wrote:
Dede Westbrook. Short, dime-a-dozen slot WR with some serious off-the-field issues that are more than a one-time thing.

I think Mixon goes in the 2nd. He is very talented and his issue happened a long time ago which does help his cause. He was punished for it and seems genuinely remorseful(at least on the outside). We all make mistakes, his was just more egregious. However, I don't think it should preclude him from having a chance to play in the NFL.


He's a hair under 6' tall playboi. I think "rail thin" would be a better description.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ragnarok


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 904
Location: Washington, DC
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:
Dede Westbrook. Short, dime-a-dozen slot WR with some serious off-the-field issues that are more than a one-time thing.

I think Mixon goes in the 2nd. He is very talented and his issue happened a long time ago which does help his cause. He was punished for it and seems genuinely remorseful(at least on the outside). We all make mistakes, his was just more egregious. However, I don't think it should preclude him from having a chance to play in the NFL.


He's a hair under 6' tall playboi. I think "rail thin" would be a better description.


Let's go with scrawny.
_________________
Come join BDL!

Seriously, we're awesome. We all may or may not have mild-at-best psychological issues, but we are damn fun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jlash


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 2133
Location: NJ
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragnarok wrote:
Jlash wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:
Dede Westbrook. Short, dime-a-dozen slot WR with some serious off-the-field issues that are more than a one-time thing.

I think Mixon goes in the 2nd. He is very talented and his issue happened a long time ago which does help his cause. He was punished for it and seems genuinely remorseful(at least on the outside). We all make mistakes, his was just more egregious. However, I don't think it should preclude him from having a chance to play in the NFL.


He's a hair under 6' tall playboi. I think "rail thin" would be a better description.


Let's go with scrawny.


Yea, that's a better way to put it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PossibleCabbage


Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 4800
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL teams seem pretty split on "Short WRs are worth anything", but some teams like those guys nonetheless so I don't think that really plays into it.

The "doesn't get drafted at all" thing tends to come from a medical issue those outside the NFL didn't know about beforehand (e.g. Chris Polk's bad shoulders) or some really out-there character issue (e.g. Tony Washington or La'el Collins).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Counselor


Joined: 31 Jan 2017
Posts: 2091
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragnarok wrote:
Dede Westbrook. Short, dime-a-dozen slot WR with some serious off-the-field issues that are more than a one-time thing.

I think Mixon goes in the 2nd. He is very talented and his issue happened a long time ago which does help his cause. He was punished for it and seems genuinely remorseful(at least on the outside). We all make mistakes, his was just more egregious. However, I don't think it should preclude him from having a chance to play in the NFL.


Don't start defending your BDL co owner next...
_________________
In reference to concern about Joshua Dobbs' Knees

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...


GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ragnarok


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 904
Location: Washington, DC
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:
Dede Westbrook. Short, dime-a-dozen slot WR with some serious off-the-field issues that are more than a one-time thing.

I think Mixon goes in the 2nd. He is very talented and his issue happened a long time ago which does help his cause. He was punished for it and seems genuinely remorseful(at least on the outside). We all make mistakes, his was just more egregious. However, I don't think it should preclude him from having a chance to play in the NFL.


Don't start defending your BDL co owner next...


I haven't really read any of the thread. Just saw that Mixon had come up. Dare I ask why?
_________________
Come join BDL!

Seriously, we're awesome. We all may or may not have mild-at-best psychological issues, but we are damn fun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Counselor


Joined: 31 Jan 2017
Posts: 2091
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragnarok wrote:
Counselor wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:
Dede Westbrook. Short, dime-a-dozen slot WR with some serious off-the-field issues that are more than a one-time thing.

I think Mixon goes in the 2nd. He is very talented and his issue happened a long time ago which does help his cause. He was punished for it and seems genuinely remorseful(at least on the outside). We all make mistakes, his was just more egregious. However, I don't think it should preclude him from having a chance to play in the NFL.


Don't start defending your BDL co owner next...


I haven't really read any of the thread. Just saw that Mixon had come up. Dare I ask why?


Go read it's been entertaining Laughing
_________________
In reference to concern about Joshua Dobbs' Knees

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...


GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PossibleCabbage


Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 4800
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragnarok wrote:
I haven't really read any of the thread. Just saw that Mixon had come up. Dare I ask why?


I'll break it down step by step:

1. One of the reasons a prospect might fall out of the draft is character or off-field issues.

2. Hey, Joe Mixon has one of those!

3. Cue poster arguing, in essence, "Joe Mixon did nothing wrong" (despite Mixon himself repeatedly acknowledging that he did something wrong.)

4. Three or four pages of arguing with that poster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ragnarok


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 904
Location: Washington, DC
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:
Counselor wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:
Dede Westbrook. Short, dime-a-dozen slot WR with some serious off-the-field issues that are more than a one-time thing.

I think Mixon goes in the 2nd. He is very talented and his issue happened a long time ago which does help his cause. He was punished for it and seems genuinely remorseful(at least on the outside). We all make mistakes, his was just more egregious. However, I don't think it should preclude him from having a chance to play in the NFL.


Don't start defending your BDL co owner next...


I haven't really read any of the thread. Just saw that Mixon had come up. Dare I ask why?


Go read it's been entertaining Laughing


Sigh...maybe.
_________________
Come join BDL!

Seriously, we're awesome. We all may or may not have mild-at-best psychological issues, but we are damn fun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11639
Location: WI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
Calhoun, I don't know if you can make any more headway here.

I'll keep trying as long as I'm allowed. Pretending two things are the same when they're fundamentally not and proclaiming any attempt for society to even things out in a rational way outside of the law at a moral level is wrong is just silly when both men and women agree. But when you're dealing with an irrational Ayn Rand disciple, good luck.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group