Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

7 Round Mock *no trades*
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Quote:
31 Atlanta Falcons Gareon Conley CB OSU

So you would see Desmond Trufant, Robert Alford and Jalen Collins and go, "Huh, this team needs a corner."

Awful pick. Atlanta doesn't need cornerback. The actual needs in Atlanta are EDGE, DT, OG, FS and TE.
Quote:
63 Atlanta Falcons - Derrick Rivers DE Youngstown St.
95 Atlanta Falcons Eddie Vanderdoes DT UCLA
136 Atlanta Falcons Nico Siragusa OG SDSU

Good picks
Quote:
174 Atlanta Falcons Artavis Scott WR Clemson

I don't mind the idea of a WR this late. Any earlier though would be a waste.

Quote:
249 Atlanta Falcons Levon Myers OT NIU
good pick

Laughing Yea that Conley pick looks terrible now but to be fair I had that done before the contract extension went to Trufant so I was assuming he was going to be a FA in 2018 and Conley was great value there. Something to make a note of though thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
Quote:
Los Angeles Rams
Evan Engram TE Ole Miss
Tim Williams OLB Alabama
Jourdan Lewis CB Michigan
Noah Brown WR OSU
Erik Magnuson OT Michigan
Tanzel Smart DT Tulane
K.D. Cannon WR Baylor
Ejuan Price OLB Pittsburgh

While Williams is a good value it's not a good pick for the Rams at that point. With JuJu on the board there he makes much more sense. Also not a fan of Brown and if we change the 3rd round pick we can go with Toth there which fills one of our biggest needs at Center. The rest would be a very good draft if we changed those two picks IMO.

I dont think many people like Noah Brown, and I dont either thats why I gave him to a division rival. Wink But I'll make not of the Center need, I do think Toth and Pocic slid further than I expect them to irl.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kansas City Chiefs
Deshaun Watson QB Clemson
Cameron Sutton CB Tennessee
Anthony Walker Jr. ILB Northwestern
Elijah Qualls DT Washington
Jerome Lorenzo SS St. Francis
Ryan Switzer WR UNC
Kyle Fuller OC Baylor

Watson has become the consensus pick, though I prefer Kizer if available. On this board I would go with Humphrey. As an aside, Mixon is much too high. RBs have been sliding in recent drafts and his character issues are serious.

Sutton is a good idea, but too early. They won't reach fo secondary this year. Go with Dorian Johnson or Tanoh Kpassagnon.

Walker and Qualls are the opposite. They might reach for both positions and these are solid value. Good picks.

Lorenzo is interesting because the Chiefs use a lot of safeties in coverage. He would be a great big nickel and ST guy. That said, I think Dion Dawkins is the way to go.

Fifth round and later is a crap shoot. This is where they might grab Lorenzo. I think he lasts because he's short and not speedy. Generally BPA.

J

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns still own their own pick at the top of the fourth round (108). It was the compensatory pick at 142 they traded to Houston in the Osweiler trade.
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brooks1957 wrote:
Browns still own their own pick at the top of the fourth round (108). It was the compensatory pick at 142 they traded to Houston in the Osweiler trade.

Good catch, I'm gonna edit this in the next couple days with a few changes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
Quote:
Los Angeles Rams
Evan Engram TE Ole Miss
Tim Williams OLB Alabama
Jourdan Lewis CB Michigan
Noah Brown WR OSU
Erik Magnuson OT Michigan
Tanzel Smart DT Tulane
K.D. Cannon WR Baylor
Ejuan Price OLB Pittsburgh

While Williams is a good value it's not a good pick for the Rams at that point. With JuJu on the board there he makes much more sense. Also not a fan of Brown and if we change the 3rd round pick we can go with Toth there which fills one of our biggest needs at Center. The rest would be a very good draft if we changed those two picks IMO.

I dont think many people like Noah Brown, and I dont either thats why I gave him to a division rival. Wink But I'll make not of the Center need, I do think Toth and Pocic slid further than I expect them to irl.

Brown sounds like a great pick for Seattle then.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate the Trubisky pick. I also am not the biggest Harris fan. Hard to say I like the draft when the 1st 2 picks I really don't like for the Jets.
stl4life07

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Engram to the Rams at 37 but I'd love to see the Rams grab JuJu at 69 and Pocic at 112. If you look at the offseason it's about giving Goff help. It's been McVay as HC in his system to fit Goff style. It's Woods and Dunbar to give Goff weapons in the passing game. It's giving Goff a top 10 OT in the league in Whitworth. Now I think the draft is about finishing the offseason on a high note. Adding a Engram at TE to pair with Higbee then adding a talented big receiver in JuJu will compliment Woods and Tavon perfectly. Pocic will compete with Sullivan for the starting job at Center.

After that you can give the Rams a young developing OT to eventually replace Whitworth down the road and then focus on defense the rest of the draft.
Hootlander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just don't see the Bills taking a TE at number 10 although it has become the "sexy" pick now. With only 6 picks why would we take 2 TEs?
Probably go CB at number 10 since a new coach historically takes their side of the ball. If so hopefully Z. Jones in 2nd and we do not another young QB to developed. Again more pressings needs with only 6 picks.
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO most of the Browns picks are pretty horrid.

Vince Lombardi
kingseanjohn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
kingseanjohn wrote:
Not a fan of the draft as a whole for KC.

You have us taking three DL and I don't see us being able to even keep one on the roster with the current depth we have. We need a RB like Kamara, Hunt, McGuire, etc. Could also use ILB and OLB.

You know I did completely overlook RB for the Chiefs, my mistake. But DL depth is a bigger need than you think.

And I gave you Anthony Walker Jr at LB, could use an edge rusher though.

DE: Jaye Howard, Chris Jones, Allen Bailey, Rakeem Nunez-Roches, Jarvis Jenkins, David King
NT: Bennie Logan, Jaye Howard

There's still other guys not listed. But these guys already on the roster are pretty much a lock to make our 53. Since we run mostly 2-3 man DL fronts, drafting anyone else is pretty much a waste. The 2018 and 2019 draft is a different story.

I forgot to say before. But I appreciate the effort you put in here. It's always fun to read these.

The Air Less Expected on 3rd down AKA the ALEX scale
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingseanjohn wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
kingseanjohn wrote:
Not a fan of the draft as a whole for KC.

You have us taking three DL and I don't see us being able to even keep one on the roster with the current depth we have. We need a RB like Kamara, Hunt, McGuire, etc. Could also use ILB and OLB.

You know I did completely overlook RB for the Chiefs, my mistake. But DL depth is a bigger need than you think.

And I gave you Anthony Walker Jr at LB, could use an edge rusher though.

DE: Jaye Howard, Chris Jones, Allen Bailey, Rakeem Nunez-Roches, Jarvis Jenkins, David King
NT: Bennie Logan, Jaye Howard

There's still other guys not listed. But these guys already on the roster are pretty much a lock to make our 53. Since we run mostly 2-3 man DL fronts, drafting anyone else is pretty much a waste. The 2018 and 2019 draft is a different story.

I forgot to say before. But I appreciate the effort you put in here. It's always fun to read these.

Are the bolded really locks to make the roster? Bennie Logan is a FA at the end of this season. Howard finished the season on the IR with hip issues and wasnt a perennial pro bowler. Bailey is legit but he's finished the last 2 seasons on IR also.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OUTLAW wrote:
IMO most of the Browns picks are pretty horrid.

Not a Myles Garrett fan huh? I'll keep that in mind on the next one I make

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
scar988 wrote:
Quote:
31 Atlanta Falcons Gareon Conley CB OSU

So you would see Desmond Trufant, Robert Alford and Jalen Collins and go, "Huh, this team needs a corner."

Awful pick. Atlanta doesn't need cornerback. The actual needs in Atlanta are EDGE, DT, OG, FS and TE.
Quote:
63 Atlanta Falcons - Derrick Rivers DE Youngstown St.
95 Atlanta Falcons Eddie Vanderdoes DT UCLA
136 Atlanta Falcons Nico Siragusa OG SDSU

Good picks
Quote:
174 Atlanta Falcons Artavis Scott WR Clemson

I don't mind the idea of a WR this late. Any earlier though would be a waste.

Quote:
249 Atlanta Falcons Levon Myers OT NIU
good pick

Laughing Yea that Conley pick looks terrible now but to be fair I had that done before the contract extension went to Trufant so I was assuming he was going to be a FA in 2018 and Conley was great value there. Something to make a note of though thanks.

Trufant was never going to be a free agent in 2018 Dimitroff has said this whole offseason his #1 goal was to sign trufant to a new contract and it was guaranteed to get done Smile That was probably the one for sure thing i would have bet money on happening this offseason Razz

Now as for the picks you hit a few good needs and had 2 pretty bad picks.

Atlanta Falcons

Gareon Conley CB OSU - You already know about this one and im sure will change it as you said the next draft you do. Actually even if Trufant didn't resign we had no need for a CB as Alford, Collins, Poole, and Goodwin are a nice group and played well in the playoffs. We actually have 2 more ok CB's as well they just don't see as much time as those 4 and are young. Poole made the all rookie team at CB Smile He was a great NB for us.

Derrick Rivers DE Youngstown St. - AMAZING PICK i would probably be ok with him in the 1st but in the 2nd round i love it i hope you don't change this pick at all in your next draft unless we can get someone better like a Takk or Taco in the 1st round.

Eddie Vanderdoes DT UCLA - Vanderdoes is a stud of a DT and fit's our pocket pushing up field DT style perfectly. Would be a nice addition to team with Grady, Poe, and Hageman.

Nico Siragusa OG SDSU - I love that you went with a OG here but Siragusa where as he is a nice player no doubt i don't think he is a great fit at the next level for our ZBS. I see him as more of a power blocking OG at the next level.

Artavis Scott WR - Normally i would be upset with a WR in the draft as he pretty much has no chance of making the team with the WR talent we have right now lol. But he could be stashed on PS and might be a nice St player in a few years.

Levon Myers OT NIU - We can for sure use some swing tackle depth and this is a good pick for us this late.

Now as for the picks i would have made in each round based on who was there as i didn't see a FS at all to us or a TE or Power RB. So think we missed on quite a few needs this is what i think would have been better.

1st - Takk McKinley - OLB/DE

2nd - Desmond King -FS

3rd - Danny Isidora - RG

4th - Carrol Phillips - DE/OLB

5th - James Connor - RB

7th - Levon Myers - OT

Pretty balanced draft 3 defense 3 offense. Would have liked to get a DT or TE in there maybe but our big 3 needs were hit with Edge rushers, RG, and FS. Then we covered the rest with depth another lb and a power RB and a swing tackle. Still amazing job on the 7 rounder thats a tough thing to do and i appreciate you putting in the effort. If you ever need any advice or some info on the Falcons please feel free to PM me and i'll help you any way i can.
Bo-Raider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: 7 Round Mock *no trades* Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:

Oakland Raiders
Jabril Peppers SS Michigan
Zay Jones WR ECU
Larry Ogunjobi DT Charlotte
Cole Hikutini TE Louisville
Elijiah Lee OLB KState
Wayne Gallman RB Clemson
Ishmael Zamora WR Baylor
Aviante Collins OT TCU

Great work on the seven rounder. Impressive.

It's ok for the Raiders. Way too much offense though. We have needs all over the defense, far more pressing than any of the offensive positions you've picked.

Pick by pick:
Jabril Peppers SS Michigan - I like Peppers, but I'm not sure he's a fit. Perhaps as a WLB for us? We drafted Joseph as our SS, we just signed Cordarrelle Patterson to be our return man. I don't think we'd make the most of his versatility. We'd be better off just taking a more polished LB. But Brantley at DT or Humphrey at CB would work, and would make a much bigger immediate impact.

Zay Jones WR ECU - I don't know why we'd go WR this early with our many needs, especially with Cunningham on the board. Malcolm Smith left, Perry Riley has yet to resign, we have no WLB or MLB at the moment. LB is a slam dunk here.

Larry Ogunjobi DT Charlotte - I like this pick.

Cole Hikutini TE Louisville - I don't see a need for a TE. We just signed Cook and we still have Walford, who's only going into his third year. We need DB help. I'd be going CB or FS here.

Elijiah Lee OLB KState - Like this pick

Wayne Gallman RB Clemson - I like this pick if we don't sign Lynch. If we do then he's a bit surplus to requirements.

Ishmael Zamora WR Baylor - A late round WR to develop makes sense

Aviante Collins OT TCU - Late round OL depth is always welcome, But Collins is a bit small for what we've been doing with our OL recently.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: