You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RamsFan24 PlayOff Ready Mock 5.0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:15 am    Post subject: RamsFan24 PlayOff Ready Mock 5.0 Reply with quote

With this mock I am doing what I would do If I was the GM. I feel that after this draft, with the free agency that we just had, that we will have a very talented team with some depth finally. I think that if we can execute on the picks that we have that we will be a team that can make a lot of noise and fight for an playoff spot. I decides once again to try something different and switch this one up with a different look and situation for the Rams. Let me know what you think of different mock.

2017 NFL DRAFT

Key Targets Off of the Board Before Pick #37

T.J. Watt, Forest Lamp, Evan Engram, Zay Jones and Ju Ju Smith-Schuster goes right before our pick.

***Trade Alert*** The Los Angeles Rams trade 2nd Round Pick #37 to the Minnesota Vikings for 2nd Round Pick #48, 3rd Round Pick #79 and 5th Round Pick #160. The Rams decide to jump out of the top 5 in the 2nd Round in order to grab an extra 3rd and 5th Rounder. The Rams decide that there is some strong talent in the middle of the draft. So we decide to focus on building an explosive team.

2nd. Round #48 (Vikings) Ahkello Witherspoon-CB, Colorado

The Rams grab one the drafts best sleepers in Ahkello. Witherspoon is an extremely talented corner with great awareness, good speed, good hands and uses his height and vision very well. The Rams decide to get there guy now in this very talented db draft. There have been a lot of reports of Witherspoon visiting with teams that are slotted at near the end of the second round. So we make sure we grab our now while we can.

3rd. Round # 69 Josh Reynolds-WR, Texas A&M

The Rams grab them a future star in the making in Josh Reynolds. This kid seriously reminds me of the former Aggie Mike Evans. Josh is Big, Fast, has great hands, good vision and smarts and plays very strong despite his narrow frame. He is a monster with the 50/50 jump balls.

3rd. Round # 79 (Vikings) Carlos Watkins-DT, Clemson

The Rams make Wade Phillips really happy with adding another playmaking defensive starter. Watkins will give the Rams a very big and disruptive force up the middle. He will come right in as an starter and give us an even scary front seven.

4th. Round # 112 George Kittle-TE, Iowa

McVay grabs another very offensive weapon in order to help stress the defenses. Kittle is an complete tight end that has excellent hands, good route runner and strong blocker.

4th. Round Pick # 141 (Comp Pick) Alex Anzalone-ILB, Florida

This kid will come in on special packages and give the opposing offenses hell. Alex if he can prove to stay healthy can be a star in this league. He will come and be an great rotational player as a rookie for us.

5th. Round Pick # 149 Jon Toth-OC, Kentucky

Jon has had an excellent college career and finished it off with an good senior bowl week. He will come in and eventually replace John Sullivan as our starter at center.

5th. Round Pick # 160 (Vikings) Isaiah Ford-WR, Virginia Tech

I really like Isaiah and feel like he can end up being a really good gem late in the draft. Ford might of ran a slow forty, but he runs really good routes and has very strong hands.

6th. Round Pick # 189 Rayshawn Johnson-FS, Miami

Rayshawn will come as a special teams ace and also give us some good young depth at the safety position.

6th. Round Pick # 206 (Miami) Ejuan Price-OLB, Pittsburgh

I love this kid, Ejuan reminds me of an young London Fletcher. He is a playmaking wrecking ball that destroys the ball carrier. Price is another possible draft gem that can be a steal late in the 6th.

7th. Round Pick # 234 Joe Ivie-DE, Florida

The Rams decide to take a flyer on another defensive lineman with some explosiveness. Joe will come in and compete for a rotational spot on the Rams talented defensive line.

[/b]Projected Starters
QB: Jared Goff
HB: Todd Gurley
FB: Cory Harkey
XWR: Robert Woods
ZWR: Josh Reynolds / Isaiah Ford
SLWR: Tavon Austin
TE: Tyler Higbee / George Kittle
LT: Andew Whitworth
LG: Rodger Saffold
C: John Sullivan / Jon Toth
RG: Rob Havenstein
RT: Greg Robinson

LDE: Michael Brockers
NT: Carlos Watkins
RDE: Aaron Donald
LOLB: Connor Barwin / Ejuan Price
LILB: Mark Barron / Alex Anzalone
RILB: Alec Ogletree
ROLB: Robert Quinn
LCB: Trumaine Johnson
RCB: Ahkello Witherspoon / Kayvon Webster
SLCB: Nickell Roby-Coleman / E.J. Gaines
FS: LaMarcus Joyner / Rayshawn Johnson
SS: Maurice Alexander

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Lance Dunbar
PR: Tavon Austin

Last edited by RamsFan24 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:10 am; edited 4 times in total
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a bad mock or anything, but I wouldn't be overjoyed by the draft. JMO. I don't think Rasul Douglas is lasting until the 5th. Personally, I want the Rams to draft a CB in the first 4 rounds. Don't waste the talent in this class.

I also don't love the Engram/Zamora pairing. I think both guys are going to take some time to transition to the pro game. Both have incredible upside, but I'd rather add go with a pro ready/potential combination than a potential/potential combination. Examples of what I'd do using the two guys you drafted are Engram/Reynolds or Kupp (or Zay or Juju)/Zamora.

Frankly, Zamora and Malone don't strike me as guys who will be ready to start as rookies. Both are a ways away. Zamora has the potential in a year or two to be an impact player, but he's incredibly raw technically and mentally. Engram is a tougher determination. He's experienced, but he's coming out of a spread offense with a very limited route tree and didn't play WR.

I also have strong doubts about Engram being a TE. He's not going to block inline consistently. We can label him a TE, but he's really more of a big slot WR.

Anyways, this is just all what I'd envision. It doesn't mean this is a bad draft. There's a ton of upside in this draft, but I'd rather see us swing for some doubles rather than the fence on every pick.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it....can't wait to see what we end up with in 3 weeks!
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I love me some Eazy E

But Im with jrry in terms of addressing the CB position earlier. Although I dont mind Douglas, but I want one from the 1st/2nd tier of corners. Id be surprised if he lasts that long though. Also like the Toth pick, but again Id be surprised he lasted that long.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
It's not a bad mock or anything, but I wouldn't be overjoyed by the draft. JMO. I don't think Rasul Douglas is lasting until the 5th. Personally, I want the Rams to draft a CB in the first 4 rounds. Don't waste the talent in this class.

I also don't love the Engram/Zamora pairing. I think both guys are going to take some time to transition to the pro game. Both have incredible upside, but I'd rather add go with a pro ready/potential combination than a potential/potential combination. Examples of what I'd do using the two guys you drafted are Engram/Reynolds or Kupp (or Zay or Juju)/Zamora.

Frankly, Zamora and Malone don't strike me as guys who will be ready to start as rookies. Both are a ways away. Zamora has the potential in a year or two to be an impact player, but he's incredibly raw technically and mentally. Engram is a tougher determination. He's experienced, but he's coming out of a spread offense with a very limited route tree and didn't play WR.

I also have strong doubts about Engram being a TE. He's not going to block inline consistently. We can label him a TE, but he's really more of a big slot WR.

Anyways, this is just all what I'd envision. It doesn't mean this is a bad draft. There's a ton of upside in this draft, but I'd rather see us swing for some doubles rather than the fence on every pick.

Hey jrry, i truly appreciate the detailed feedback on this mock. As I stated earlier, I was trying to go in a different direction with this mock, basically do something different than the same old pairings from every mock. So I'm thinking that because we have filled and addressed some holes in or roster, that we can just grab the best game breaking playmakers.

As for as Zamora, he has all the intangibles to flat out be the best receiver in this class, similar to Josh Gordon. So you telling me if he was there in the 4th round, a true 1st round talent isn't worth drafting. We already have Woods, Austin, Cooper, Evans and Malone, Higbee, Dunbar and Gurley would already be fighting for cathes. Zamora wouldn't have to come in and be the savior year 1, but he is one of the only few that has the pure elite talent to do so. As for Malone, he is just a talented receiver who we can bring along slowly. He doesn't need to knew all the pro routes either, put him in and let him shine with the routes that he know. Than let him learn and develop with the other young receivers.

Now Evans is a stud, and truthfully should go in the 1st Round. Like Zamora, Engram is an absolute match up nightmare. Can you imagine in McVays offense Engram and Tavon attacking the middle with Zamora and Woods out side, with (Dunbar/Gurley) coming from the sides of the Offense. Don't forget that I truly believe that McVay will maximize Tyler's talents also, Engram isn't the only talented TE that we would have.

Now I truly fill that an ultra talented DB will fall to the lste 4th, early 5th like Rasul. Douglas only played 1 year, he's still very raw, thats why I think he falls here. Now we just signed Webster to play a bigger role with this team. Then we just signed Nikell Roby-Coby as a slot corner basically. Plus we still have Trumaine, E.J. and Jordan. If Webster is most likely going into the 2nd corner being Webster and 3 being Robey-Coleman. Why in the world would we waste am premium pick on another DB when this draft deep with them top to better.

RamsFan24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
You know I love me some Eazy E

But Im with jrry in terms of addressing the CB position earlier. Although I dont mind Douglas, but I want one from the 1st/2nd tier of corners. Id be surprised if he lasts that long though. Also like the Toth pick, but again Id be surprised he lasted that long.

Yes sir Dee Rawl, I love me some Engram also.

Now I explained my reasoning to the dbs already . As far as Toth, he's projected 4th/5th round, which is where I feel he will go.

RamsFan24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
I like it....can't wait to see what we end up with in 3 weeks!

Hey RamPackFan, appreciate it, I can't wait either man.

jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamsFan24 wrote:
As for as Zamora, he has all the intangibles to flat out be the best receiver in this class, similar to Josh Gordon. So you telling me if he was there in the 4th round, a true 1st round talent isn't worth drafting. We already have Woods, Austin, Cooper, Evans and Malone, Higbee, Dunbar and Gurley would already be fighting for cathes. Zamora wouldn't have to come in and be the savior year 1, but he is one of the only few that has the pure elite talent to do so. As for Malone, he is just a talented receiver who we can bring along slowly. He doesn't need to knew all the pro routes either, put him in and let him shine with the routes that he know. Than let him learn and develop with the other young receivers.

Listen, you know I like Zamora, but I don't think he's ready to play in 2017. He needs a redshirt year. In this mock, you're penciling him in as a starter. I'm all for Zamora, but if we draft him, we need to pair him with a pro ready WR or TE in this draft.

Having the pure talent to do so doesn't mean he has the ability to do so. He ran a very limited route tree in college and didn't run it well. His route running isn't anywhere close to pro ready, and I have a feeling that he's not mentally ready to step in and play significant snaps right now.

Quote:
Now Evans is a stud, and truthfully should go in the 1st Round. Like Zamora, Engram is an absolute match up nightmare. Can you imagine in McVays offense Engram and Tavon attacking the middle with Zamora and Woods out side, with (Dunbar/Gurley) coming from the sides of the Offense. Don't forget that I truly believe that McVay will maximize Tyler's talents also, Engram isn't the only talented TE that we would have.

If I'm being totally honest, I'm not sold that Engram is the match-up nightmare that people think he is. Jordan Reed is a match-up nightmare because he's big enough and strong enough to block inline. He's 6'2" 246 pounds. Engram is 6'3" 235 pounds. He's the size of a big WR. He's not a guy that I trust to block inline.

Thus, defenses don't have to treat him that way. They can put DBs on him. Engram has a ton of athletic talent and has shown the ability to be an impact receiver, but he's not a pro ready WR imo. He didn't run routes as a WR in college, he is coming from a spread offense with a limited route tree, and he wasn't often facing NFL caliber DBs.

I like the kid. I trust McVay's decision on him (that's why I don't have him in my mocks), but I'm not 100% sold on him. I'm not sure where he fits at the next level. If he is a big slot WR, it may take him time to learn how to win against NFL DBs.

Personally, Engram is not at the top of my list in the second round. As I said before, I trust McVay's judgement on him. If McVay wants him, I am all for it. But without knowing what McVay wants, I prefer Kupp, Godwin, Zay, and Juju over him.

Quote:
Now I truly fill that an ultra talented DB will fall to the lste 4th, early 5th like Rasul. Douglas only played 1 year, he's still very raw, thats why I think he falls here. Now we just signed Webster to play a bigger role with this team. Then we just signed Nikell Roby-Coby as a slot corner basically. Plus we still have Trumaine, E.J. and Jordan. If Webster is most likely going into the 2nd corner being Webster and 3 being Robey-Coleman. Why in the world would we waste am premium pick on another DB when this draft deep with them top to better.

Why wouldn't we? Webster has spent his entire career as a depth player. E.J. may never return to form. Robey is a slot CB. Trumaine is on a one year deal.

It would be silly to squander the talent in this draft because we want to bet on a bunch of less than sure things.

As for waiting until the 5th, you're playing with fire imo. I have strong doubts about Douglas lasting that long.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not completely dismissing your theory jrry because there is some accuracy to it, but not all. No doubt Reed is both a better blocker and a more refined route runner, but thats not the reason why he's dangerous or why he gets good matchups.

Just as an example, 85 of Reed's 131 targets in 2015 were within 5 yards of the LOS, and 70 of them being outside the hashes. Simple slants/hitches/drags/pivots/arrows. Im not sure what it was in 2016, but I cant imagine it being much different.

Again, I know Engram needs to learn the little details of NFL routes, but I'd be shocked if he cant perfect a simple slant or pivot route. Personally I think Gerald Everett is more like Jordan Reed, but I have no doubt that McVay is drooling over Engram and what he could do with him.

https://youtu.be/WHAKEAZ9djU

Good stuff on Reed in 2015 and what we can expect from whoever the H-back is

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Not completely dismissing your theory jrry because there is some accuracy to it, but not all. No doubt Reed is both a better blocker and a more refined route runner, but thats not the reason why he's dangerous or why he gets good matchups.

Just as an example, 85 of Reed's 131 targets in 2015 were within 5 yards of the LOS, and 70 of them being outside the hashes. Simple slants/hitches/drags/pivots/arrows. Im not sure what it was in 2016, but I cant imagine it being much different.

Again, I know Engram needs to learn the little details of NFL routes, but I'd be shocked if he cant perfect a simple slant or pivot route. Personally I think Gerald Everett is more like Jordan Reed, but I have no doubt that McVay is drooling over Engram and what he could do with him.

Reed being on the field, though, affects what personnel the defense puts on the field. That's where his blocking ability makes a difference.

My point is why draft Engram over a true WR if Engram isn't really a TE?

As I said, I'll trust McVay on this call, but I'd rather go a different direction. Why not just play Cooper Kupp or Juju Smith in the same role?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Reed being on the field, though, affects what personnel the defense puts on the field. That's where his blocking ability makes a difference.

As I said, I'll trust McVay on this call, but I'd rather go a different direction. Why not just play Cooper Kupp or Juju Smith in the same role?

I think I have more faith in his ability to block than you do. He's more than just a big WR to me. Not saying he's a good inline blocking TE, but I think he offers enough. Barely haha.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

I think I have more faith in his ability to block than you do. He's more than just a big WR to me. Not saying he's a good inline blocking TE, but I think he offers enough. Barely haha.

I don't see it. He'll get steamrolled by NFL DLs and LBs if we try to have him block inline.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He held his own in pass pro against Myles Garrett so I have hope haha

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: