You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wingmans Mock Draft V1.0(The Greatest Mock Ever, Believe Me)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cooters22

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your point. But does he actually have 4.7 speed? He timed 4.53 at his pro day, so there there's that. Overall I just think he's been too consistent (4 year starter) to dismiss completely. On the other hand, he might just be a carbon copy of what we already have on this team.[/quote]

I just don't think King fits what our defense is trying to do at all. And that is to get more speed on this defense. Hyde was a fine player, but because of his not so great speed, the Packers supposedly didn't even give him a offer. I doubt they'd draft King this high in the draft if their focus on defense is to add speed and athleticism. I don't think King is any faster than Hyde. Don't get me wrong King is a fine football player, but I'd have to think his speed and our new philosophy drop him on our board.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooters22 wrote:
I see your point. But does he actually have 4.7 speed? He timed 4.53 at his pro day, so there there's that. Overall I just think he's been too consistent (4 year starter) to dismiss completely. On the other hand, he might just be a carbon copy of what we already have on this team.

I just don't think King fits what our defense is trying to do at all. And that is to get more speed on this defense. Hyde was a fine player, but because of his not so great speed, the Packers supposedly didn't even give him a offer. I doubt they'd draft King this high in the draft if their focus on defense is to add speed and athleticism. I don't think King is any faster than Hyde. Don't get me wrong King is a fine football player, but I'd have to think his speed and our new philosophy drop him on our board.[/quote]

Has the staff went and said we have a new philosophy on defense that everyone needs to be really fast?

I thought that was just what the fans say. Did anyone say that? Asking genuinely.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Norm, people were talking about Mack a long time ago.

Love the mock, especially the value grabs. King seems like a TT guy even if the measurables aren't there.

There was an uptick in the mocks I saw him I lately compared to like a month ago and before. Maybe it was just coincidence. I wasn't implying nobody ever talked about him but it seemed like I saw him a bunch in them for a couple weeks.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: