Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wishful thinking mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdavls17

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Wishful thinking mock Reply with quote

Mock season is in the air and here is a random one that I think would be beneficial but likely unrealistic:

Bills trade 2017 #44, 2018 4th rd pick, and Cyrus Kouandjo for Richard Sherman and 2017 #90 Seattle gets a starting LT that will go along with Joekel at LG and they land a high pick that they were wanting. They let a disgruntled Corner go and save 9.4 mil. Bills then turn 11.2 million contract in to a signing bonus to allow the bills cap relief to accept the trade. McDermott gets his style corner for his cover 3 defense which will help Darby get better at corner.

Bills trade #10 to Houston Texans for pick #25, #57 and 2018 2nd round pick. Texans draft Mitchell Trubinsky

#25 Jabril Peppers Safety Michigan
#57 Zach Cunningham LB Vanderbilt
#75 Cooper Kupp WR EWU
#90 Jake Butt TE Michigan
#156 Nate Hariston CB Temple
#161 Amba Etta-Tawo WR Syracuse
#195 Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the trade back, I really like Cunningham, Butt, Hairston and Etta-Tawo.

Not a fan of Peppers. Have seen far too many videos of him being swallowed up by College Guards to thing he can be an in the box safety or LB and he doesn't have the playmaking ability to be a FS...just too many questions IMO.

All in all I would call it a solid draft with a potential to become great depending on Peppers fit and Kelly's progression.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Love the trade back, I really like Cunningham, Butt, Hairston and Etta-Tawo.

Not a fan of Peppers. Have seen far too many videos of him being swallowed up by College Guards to thing he can be an in the box safety or LB and he doesn't have the playmaking ability to be a FS...just too many questions IMO.

All in all I would call it a solid draft with a potential to become great depending on Peppers fit and Kelly's progression.

Peppers absolutely should not be playing LB at this level. Also, in McDermott's D, the in the box safety is usually responsible for outside gaps, so he won't get swallowed up by O-linemen. He's not my first choice in round 1, but he's a realistic one. Truth be told, my main goal is a trade back allowing us to get my draft crush, which is CB Kevin King, I think he's been upgraded now to end of round 1 value, but I think he would be a monster in McDermott's D either as a CB or a FS.

As for the draft, I already spoke about Peppers, but unsurprisingly would also like Kevin King there, I like the Cunningham and especially the Etta-Tawo pick, but not in on the Kupp, Butt, and Kelly picks. I'd much rather see DE Jordan Willis instead of Kupp, WR Chad Hansen at #90, CB Shaquill Griffin at 156 or SS Xavier Woods if we took King in the 1st, and K Zane Gonzalez with the last pick. [EDIT - Forgot about FA...we got a K already! Geez, I wish school and work didn't take up so much of my valuable off-season time! LOL]

cdavls17, with all those changes it probably seems like I can't stand this mock, but actually it's quite solid...with a huge positive swing if you are right about Kelly!

Adopt a Bill:
I'd like to adopt myself as GM!

Last edited by Yibbyl on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Buffalofan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of Peppers in the 1st round but I do love the Kelly pick I really hope we take him
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont see Kupp being taken... i think we are satisfied with Holmes for some reason. Id project a CB in that slot
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt go CB in round 1 because they traded for sherman in this scenario. so it may be to much to go with back to back positions as they cave up their 2nd for him. I went with Butt as i think TE is a need and it would be a steal if he fell. I also think Howard would be an option in the 1st rd but I dont see him dropping to 25.

I went with a SS as that would be the next top position of need as well as a decent BPA in Peppers. He could be the true SS the bills need but I am not 100% sold on him. With this draft it would be CB #1 Sherman CB #2 Darby and Seymour/Hariston as back up or maybe one filling the slot. Hyde at FS and Peppers at SS the back field would be covered on what the bills would like to do.

OT maybe another option instead of Kupp but I felt that they still need more WR depth then an OT at the moment.

Thanks Max
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
I didnt go CB in round 1 because they traded for sherman in this scenario. so it may be to much to go with back to back positions as they cave up their 2nd for him. I went with Butt as i think TE is a need and it would be a steal if he fell. I also think Howard would be an option in the 1st rd but I dont see him dropping to 25.

I went with a SS as that would be the next top position of need as well as a decent BPA in Peppers. He could be the true SS the bills need but I am not 100% sold on him. With this draft it would be CB #1 Sherman CB #2 Darby and Seymour/Hariston as back up or maybe one filling the slot. Hyde at FS and Peppers at SS the back field would be covered on what the bills would like to do.

OT maybe another option instead of Kupp but I felt that they still need more WR depth then an OT at the moment.

Well, I'm embarrassed! I had taken a break from 2 days straight of writing papers and totally missed how you set the scenario up in the 1st place! I'm blaming exhaustion! LOL

I also was trying to find an OT in those mid-rounds I could be comfortable with and thought about Garcia from Troy at #90, but I too am not comfortable with our WR situation. Still, I wouldn't be upset with Garcia there if it happened.

Adopt a Bill:
I'd like to adopt myself as GM!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: