Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

You be the GM, Round 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Would You do as GM?
Draft MLB Zach Cunningham
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Draft WR John Ross
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Draft CB Marlon Humphrey
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Draft LBer Haason Reddick
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
Draft RB Dalvin Cook
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Draft G/C Forrest Lamp
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Draft TE David Njoku (for Jeezy)
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Draft S/Lber Jabrill Peppers
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Accept Lions Trade Down Offer
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Accept Chiefs Trade Down Offer
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 21

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Really opening up to the idea of drafting McDowell at 17. If anyone can get him to reach his potential, it's Tomsula. Part of me thinks targeting McDowell in this draft is one of the reasons we hired Tomsula.

He could be our Alston Smith hopefully not the off the field version!!
McDowell compares to Stephon Tuitt or a tall lengthy 3-4 DE, not an OLB.

The player on our team who compares to Aldon Smith is Preston Smith. They're similar is size, length and ability.

Aldon Smith - 6'4, 265
Preston Smith - 6'5, 268

I'm comparing more to the on the field when focused they just can't be blocked and not because their fundamentals. Just their freak abilities if they really honed in on their craft they could be unblockable
Oh ok, I actually thought that's what you meant. I agree with that. He has untapped potential, just needs to get more consistent. His talent is off the charts, just like Aldon Smith. I don't believe McDowell has the off the field issues though, at least I've never heard that.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ripsean21

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Really opening up to the idea of drafting McDowell at 17. If anyone can get him to reach his potential, it's Tomsula. Part of me thinks targeting McDowell in this draft is one of the reasons we hired Tomsula.

The player on our team who compares to Aldon Smith is Preston Smith. They're similar is size, length and ability.

Aldon Smith - 6'4, 265
Preston Smith - 6'5, 268

I'm comparing more to the on the field when focused they just can't be blocked and not because their fundamentals. Just their freak abilities if they really honed in on their craft they could be unblockable
Oh ok, I actually thought that's what you meant. I agree with that. He has untapped potential, just needs to get more consistent. His talent is off the charts, just like Aldon Smith. I don't believe McDowell has the off the field issues though, at least I've never heard that.

I at no point have ever felt like McDowell would be a bad pick! If we could come away with him and a Baker, or Maye and then the best avalible or a Foreman. I mean honestly there's so much talent in the first 4 rounds of this class I've had such a hard time making my own board as I've ranked multiple players the same as others and I'm just having a harder time this year then years past because so many of the strengths of this class are positions of need or could use a upgrade. I just can't remember a class that has so many freak athletes that have so much potential as far as their ceilings that selecting the safe players just doesn't seem smart because if you gamble right on 2 guys you could have 2 all pro type players in the first 2 rounds. Gamble wrong though you could be talking about Cordarrelle Patterson types that just never have a consistent impact!

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Aldon Smith - 6'4, 265
Preston Smith - 6'5, 268

I at no point have ever felt like McDowell would be a bad pick! If we could come away with him and a Baker, or Maye and then the best avalible or a Foreman. I mean honestly there's so much talent in the first 4 rounds of this class I've had such a hard time making my own board as I've ranked multiple players the same as others and I'm just having a harder time this year then years past because so many of the strengths of this class are positions of need or could use a upgrade. I just can't remember a class that has so many freak athletes that have so much potential as far as their ceilings that selecting the safe players just doesn't seem smart because if you gamble right on 2 guys you could have 2 all pro type players in the first 2 rounds. Gamble wrong though you could be talking about Cordarrelle Patterson types that just never have a consistent impact!
Yeah I agree, there are tons of defensive players I like and then there are tons of offensive players I like also. I like some of the mid round RBs, WRs & interior OL as I do the ones projected to go in round 1 and 2. It's just another reason why I think we should go beat available defensive player in round 1 and 2, and then with our mid round picks take a RB, an interior OL or 2 and maybe a WR also.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ripsean21

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Aldon Smith - 6'4, 265
Preston Smith - 6'5, 268

Yeah I agree, there are tons of defensive players I like and then there are tons of offensive players I like also. I like some of the mid round RBs, WRs & interior OL as I do the ones projected to go in round 1 and 2. It's just another reason why I think we should go beat available defensive player in round 1 and 2, and then with our mid round picks take a RB, an interior OL or 2 and maybe a WR also.

Yeah honestly I just hope we can draft Jones the NG from Notre Dame at some point. I really like 10 safety prospects but the top 3 all have something special! These RB's it's just a preference thing! I think McCaffery is a special player and I think Gruden can use him right but what concerns me is I think with Thompson we would be dangerous with a Foreman type back. That said I like Cook but people here hate Matt Jones Cook puts the ball on the ground a lot too. Shoulder issues man that plus the whole deep classs just make that a tough choice to justify with players I believe to be available sitting there. The top 5 ILB's are rated a big cut above the rest. That's the one position I look at as a need and say if we don't get one early we're selecting another player like we have the past 2 years and that's just not necessary.

I'd be very happy with a interior OL player. I really like the Center from Kentucky and Pocic from LSU. I think if we really wanted to take a late risk the DE/OLB from Louisville has tape in big games is awesome. His tape against bad teams doesn't match. I do think the wild card to me and I know the QB's are going to get over drafted. That said if Trubiski fell and they don't feel they will get a deal done I could see this staff making that pick. Not a good idea to me but who knows. Tons of CB's but I do like Fuller and I think Breeland puts it together this year. It's contract time he was just very up and down. When he's good he's good when he's not he's not. This draft could be very telling to what these coaches think about Bree come the draft.

Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
Jeezy Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the poll, looks like only two people have an understanding of this draft class.

Sig by Mike23md

"Don't need the accolades, just need the acknowledgement"
Slateman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Based on the poll, looks like only two people have an understanding of this draft class.

Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
I don't really like either of those trade down scenarios. Give me Reddick.

+1

Incidentally, I don't think the Chiefs would trade up for Ross. More likely they would be making a play for Reddick or Cunningham.
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rolled with Lamp. Hes the most sure bet up there.

Enough out there on Defense to get good in the 2nd and 3rd.
With Lamp, I think it opens up the offense. Defenders keep up closer to the line because the running threat will be significantly stronger due to his presence.
Other teams knowing were going to throw 70% of the time hasnt helped things one bit.

Take the fastest rb in the league in Marshall. Run him behind a line that can push. Thats something Im interested in seeing.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
lavar703

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very reluctant to say a small-school guard is a sure bet.
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of those listed. He is easily the most sure bet for me.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Ali Marpet

ripsean21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Ali Marpet

He gets a lot of holding calls though but that's just me being picky. Honestly interior OL aren't that crazy scouting and I do like Lamp more then Marpet on film. That said I think if that's the card we turned in you'd see Jay backstage pulling a Shooter McGavin grabbing the card from Goddell and running away with it lol

Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
TKellion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take the chiefs trade and hope McCaffrey was still available,But come on we are trading back 10 picks and not getting a second Twisted Evil
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Ali Marpet
Chad Rinehart.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this team uses another first round pick on a guard after using a top 5 pick on one I'll be infuriated. Just plug Arie in and see what he does. Give him a shot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: