Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

You be the GM, Round 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Would You do as GM?
Draft MLB Zach Cunningham
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Draft WR John Ross
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Draft CB Marlon Humphrey
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Draft LBer Haason Reddick
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
Draft RB Dalvin Cook
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Draft G/C Forrest Lamp
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Draft TE David Njoku (for Jeezy)
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Draft S/Lber Jabrill Peppers
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Accept Lions Trade Down Offer
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Accept Chiefs Trade Down Offer
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 21

Author Message
Slateman


Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Posts: 10337
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take McCaffery, but since that's not an option, I'm with Jeezy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 19109
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't put Maccafrey on the poll because 99% of mock drafts have Dalvin Cook rated higher.
_________________


Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 5108
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The draft at 17 doesn't align with our needs. If we can trade backwith KC do it and take Buddha Baker at FS. If we cant trade back take Cook

I also want Jake Butt the TE who got injured or may have been the top TE in class and would take him early 2 if we trade back again. Pro bowl talent like the Carolina TE

Two gifted playmakers.

Now what will Bruce do? Probably go Ross, Watson or the other quarterbacks. because we may not have cousins due to his mis-management
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 19069
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reddick.
_________________


As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 19109
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Reddick.
Over Humphrey?
_________________


Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 5108
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Reddick.


He seems like a candidate for this years " over hyped combine king". Going into 17 he was a third round guy based on his play. He kills it at the " beauty contest" and some have him going as high as top 15.

I'm not usually a trade back guy in round 1 but unless a stud drops like Foster I'd prefer that. Earlier I knocked cook a bit for his average combine so I Checked out some "film" lol lol. I'd didn't watch a lot of his games now that I'm SEC, PAC and Big 10 focused. This kid is gifted. He reminded me of an Emmitt Smith with his cutting ability. He's same height weight as emmitt was at Florida
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 80940
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
The draft at 17 doesn't align with our needs. If we can trade backwith KC do it and take Buddha Baker at FS. If we cant trade back take Cook

I also want Jake Butt the TE who got injured or may have been the top TE in class and would take him early 2 if we trade back again. Pro bowl talent like the Carolina TE

Two gifted playmakers.

Now what will Bruce do? Probably go Ross, Watson or the other quarterbacks. because we may not have cousins due to his mis-management
Jake Butt was never the top TE in the class, that was always OJ Howard. Even before Butt got hurt it was thought he'd be a 2nd round pick. I don't think we should take him a round or 2 early. His injury knocked him down a round or two, like with what happened to Jaylon Smith and Kendall Fuller last year.

There is a question if Butt will even play at all in 2017 because of his knee injury. Taking him in round 2 with Reed and Davis already on our roster would equate to incompetence to me. That would be a very poor decision.

I don't know why we think Cook will be available, I think it's more likely Cook goes top 15 and a defensive player we like is available for us like Reddick who I believe is going to be a Ryan Shazier type LB.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 80940
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Reddick.


He seems like a candidate for this years " over hyped combine king". Going into 17 he was a third round guy based on his play. He kills it at the " beauty contest" and some have him going as high as top 15.

I'm not usually a trade back guy in round 1 but unless a stud drops like Foster I'd prefer that. Earlier I knocked cook a bit for his average combine so I Checked out some "film" lol lol. I'd didn't watch a lot of his games now that I'm SEC, PAC and Big 10 focused. This kid is gifted. He reminded me of an Emmitt Smith with his cutting ability. He's same height weight as emmitt was at Florida
Have you ever seen Reddick play in a game? Do you honestly believe that he only started to rise because of the combine, because that's not true. He began to rise when Nfl coaches and top scouts really got to review his film after the season was over, before the combine happened. He's been a projected 1st round pick for months. Some don't even think Reddick will be there for us at 17. Cooley said yesterday on air that he would trade up for Foster or Reddick because he likes them that much more than the other prospects that we could take at 17.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 80940
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Reddick.
Over Humphrey?
I'm not sold he's better than the top 3 corners on our roster right now - Norman, Breeland and Fuller. I'd question taking a corner in round 1.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 19069
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Reddick.


He seems like a candidate for this years " over hyped combine king". Going into 17 he was a third round guy based on his play. He kills it at the " beauty contest" and some have him going as high as top 15.

I'm not usually a trade back guy in round 1 but unless a stud drops like Foster I'd prefer that. Earlier I knocked cook a bit for his average combine so I Checked out some "film" lol lol. I'd didn't watch a lot of his games now that I'm SEC, PAC and Big 10 focused. This kid is gifted. He reminded me of an Emmitt Smith with his cutting ability. He's same height weight as emmitt was at Florida
Have you ever seen Reddick play in a game? Do you honestly believe that he only started to rise because of the combine, because that's not true. He began to rise when Nfl coaches and top scouts really got to review his film after the season was over, before the combine happened. He's been a projected 1st round pick for months. Some don't even think Reddick will be there for us at 17. Cooley said yesterday on air that he would trade up for Foster or Reddick because he likes them that much more than the other prospects that we could take at 17.


This (*especially the bolded)
_________________


As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HTTRG3Dynasty


Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 10505
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really opening up to the idea of drafting McDowell at 17. If anyone can get him to reach his potential, it's Tomsula. Part of me thinks targeting McDowell in this draft is one of the reasons we hired Tomsula.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ripsean21


Joined: 20 Mar 2009
Posts: 3695
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Really opening up to the idea of drafting McDowell at 17. If anyone can get him to reach his potential, it's Tomsula. Part of me thinks targeting McDowell in this draft is one of the reasons we hired Tomsula.


He could be our Alston Smith hopefully not the off the field version!!
_________________

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 80940
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Really opening up to the idea of drafting McDowell at 17. If anyone can get him to reach his potential, it's Tomsula. Part of me thinks targeting McDowell in this draft is one of the reasons we hired Tomsula.
Agreed about Tomsula. I equate McDowell to Tuitt. If you remember Tuitt had a great Sophmore season at Notre Dame and it was expected during his junior year that he was going to take the next step and prove he was worth a top 10 pick. That didn't happen, he didn't have a great junior year and he fell to round 2. We actually traded down and passed on him - which I didn't agree with. He's been a great pro with 10.5 sacks in his first two years starting. I just think McDowell can have a similar projection and impact as Tuitt. McDowell may struggle some early on in his rookie year but I think eventually his talent will show through and he'll be an impact DE in the NFL by his second season and going forward.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 80940
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Really opening up to the idea of drafting McDowell at 17. If anyone can get him to reach his potential, it's Tomsula. Part of me thinks targeting McDowell in this draft is one of the reasons we hired Tomsula.


He could be our Alston Smith hopefully not the off the field version!!
McDowell compares to Stephon Tuitt or a tall lengthy 3-4 DE, not an OLB.

The player on our team who compares to Aldon Smith is Preston Smith. They're similar is size, length and ability.

Aldon Smith - 6'4, 265
Preston Smith - 6'5, 268
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ripsean21


Joined: 20 Mar 2009
Posts: 3695
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Really opening up to the idea of drafting McDowell at 17. If anyone can get him to reach his potential, it's Tomsula. Part of me thinks targeting McDowell in this draft is one of the reasons we hired Tomsula.


He could be our Alston Smith hopefully not the off the field version!!
McDowell compares to Stephon Tuitt or a tall lengthy 3-4 DE, not an OLB.

The player on our team who compares to Aldon Smith is Preston Smith. They're similar is size, length and ability.

Aldon Smith - 6'4, 265
Preston Smith - 6'5, 268


I'm comparing more to the on the field when focused they just can't be blocked and not because their fundamentals. Just their freak abilities if they really honed in on their craft they could be unblockable
_________________

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group