Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF Annual Consensus Mock - 15. Indianapolis Colts (Run-off)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you select?
Christian McCaffrey [ RB ] Stanford
19%
 19%  [ 13 ]
Forrest Lamp [ OL ] Western Kentucky
28%
 28%  [ 19 ]
Haason Reddick [ LB ] Temple
51%
 51%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 66

goldfishwars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject: FF Annual Consensus Mock - 15. Indianapolis Colts (Run-off) Reply with quote

From here:-

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=587292
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will vote for who Colts fans want. They know their team better than me.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
bananabucket

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

Draw any position out of a hat and chances are we have a hole there.

Can't go wrong with any of these 3. I'd go with Reddick. We've had slow unathletic ILBs who can't cover to save their lives for way too long. Probably our 3rd biggest need after a pass rushing OLB and CB.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bananabucket wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Can't go wrong with any of these 3. I'd go with Reddick. We've had slow unathletic ILBs who can't cover to save their lives for way too long. Probably our 3rd biggest need after a pass rushing OLB and CB.

Have you got anyone penciled in at guard opposite Mewhort? I see a lot of tackles and centers listed on the roster, but hardly any true guards. I'm guessing right now it might be which ever tackle doesn't win the vacant starter spot on the right side.
jebrick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Colts could pick all defense in this upcoming draft and it would not be a problem. EDGE, CB, S, ILB are all needs. DL would not be a bad pickup.

That being said they could also just take BPA and do well. I think any of the choices would work.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lamp
brownie man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Takk the first round and now I'm going to go with Lamp. I think all 3 are great choices but with this being a weak O line draft I think it's better to go oline here get it out the way then take advantage of the deep defensive draft this is.
Deshone Kizer, Malik Hooker, Carlos Watkins, Adoree Jackson, Budda Baker, TJ Watt, Montravius Adams, Ryan Switzer, Kendall Beckwith, Davis Webb, Des Lawrence, Shelton Gibson, Jamaal Williams, Bucky Hodges
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
I think the Colts could pick all defense in this upcoming draft and it would not be a problem. EDGE, CB, S, ILB are all needs. DL would not be a bad pickup.

That being said they could also just take BPA and do well. I think any of the choices would work.

Sad we’re at that point, but it’s why overachieving teams shouldn’t convince themselves they are in win-now mode.
bananabucket

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
bananabucket wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Have you got anyone penciled in at guard opposite Mewhort? I see a lot of tackles and centers listed on the roster, but hardly any true guards. I'm guessing right now it might be which ever tackle doesn't win the vacant starter spot on the right side.

At this point it's assumed that Haeg and Clark will man the right side. I might be okay with starting one of them, but I won't be comfortable unless we get at least one new starter at either spot.
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted a tackle for them initially, just because I would move Haeg to guard and I'm not ready to say that Clark is good enough to start. I don't think that Lamp offers the same value for them unless they want to plug Haeg at tackle, and I don't think that's his best fit. They need a ton of linebacker help, but I don't think Reddick is plug and play, which may not appeal to them. Christian certainly has a skill set that could be very exciting in that offense, but a team with this kind of needs...I don't know, don't think that I could do that here.

So I Feel that Reddick is the least of all the evils. Maybe they luck out and he does pick up everything super quickly and can come right in and start.

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
tom cody

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forrest Lamp.
Haitch Who?
God Bless You

Courtesy of an online joke search.
Bieker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went McCaffrey the first time, but from the comments it sounds like defense is the bigger need. I switched my vote to Reddick for this one.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont like these options at all. There is certainly an argument to be made for taking these guys but CB is our biggest need.

At this moment Rashaan Melvin and Darryl Morris are our the only decent options we have at CB besides Davis.

Our starting 5 on the OL is set pretty much with Haeg and Clark on the right side. They didn't allow a single sack in the last 2 games of the season (Mewhort missed those games, Jonotthan Harrison played in his spot at LG) First time in Luck's career to have that happen. Ballard has talked about being happy with the OL and wanting to bring in competition. So much needed on defense.

I mistakenly voted for Reddick, I don't like his fit. I feel like he is more suited for a 4-3 WILL OLB then 3-4 ILB.
bananabucket

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
dont like these options at all. There is certainly an argument to be made for taking these guys but CB is our biggest need.

At this moment Rashaan Melvin and Darryl Morris are our the only decent options we have at CB besides Davis.

Our starting 5 on the OL is set pretty much with Haeg and Clark on the right side. They didn't allow a single sack in the last 2 games of the season (Mewhort missed those games, Jonotthan Harrison played in his spot at LG) First time in Luck's career to have that happen. Ballard has talked about being happy with the OL and wanting to bring in competition. So much needed on defense.

I mistakenly voted for Reddick, I don't like his fit. I feel like he is more suited for a 4-3 WILL OLB then 3-4 ILB.

There's no way CB is a bigger need than OLB. We have absolutely no one who can rush the passer.

The starting 5 on the OL is FAR from set. Haeg and Clark did ok all things considered, but they are both career backup material.
bzane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:

Not so fast there, "Scoop"-!

Here's what Mike Freeman says about the Colts' pick:
Quote:
15. Colts: This is where (Stanford RB Christian) McCaffrey goes. Perfect fit there. I (also) have one sleeper there: (Oklahoma RB) Joe Mixon. Longest of long shots, but I can tell you the Colts are taking a hard look at him. A lot of teams are infatuated with Mixon, but so far no team seems crazy enough to take him in the first. But I think that owner (Jim Irsay) is crazy enough to do it.

Christian McCaffrey or JOE MIXON!!!!!!!!

Love that ".....Jim Irsay is crazy enough to do it."
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh, those loose-cannon Colts! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: