Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can someone explain to me why Jabrill Peppers can't play CB?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 14706
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

He said he will struggle in man coverage in the NFL. Not not he's worthless garbage. Relax.


Know what? I'll say it. Compared to Charles Woodson, Jabrill Peppers IS worthless garbage. And I agree that if he hadn't gone to Michigan, he wouldn't get that comparison. You know who else went to Michigan? Madonna. Should we sign Jabrill Peppers to a record deal too?


Charles Woodson was a once in a generation talent and a future HOFer. I think it unfair to both players to compare the 2. If he is still there at #29 he might be the best player on the board so it wouldn't be the worse thing to strongly consider taking him if this scenario occurs.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fattlipp


Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Posts: 1186
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peppers could seamlessly move into Hydes role and be an upgrade, but getting an Outside DB/Elite RB/Pass Rusher seems like better use of our 1st.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gizmo2012


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 3148
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
Kenrik wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
I think Jabrill Peppers would be a very exciting pick. Imagine a DB who can play slot and also play near the line of scrimmage like Charles Woodson did. I think that is Peppers. Add to that an exciting return guy and what you have is a defensive player who is also a weapon, much like our Woodson was.


What a horrible comparison. Have you watched Peppers film? WRs get seperation on him and thats college WRs. Hes going to struggle with man coverage in the nfl. Woodson had amazing instincts and made plays left and right. Peppers is not woodson.


In fact...in fact Peppers is so bad he is projected to be a 1st round pick. All you experts in here just know better so congratulations. The scouting report on Peppers is late 1st round, can play slot, and is best suited as a hybrid player much like Charles Woodson was near the end of his career. That, however, does not make him Charles Woodson nor did I say it made him Charles Woodson. Peppers is also a return guy which the Packers do need. I think some of you need to read posts more carefully. Now ask me if I think TT will draft Peppers if he is there at 29 - I doubt it because it is a risky pick.


He said he will struggle in man coverage in the NFL. Not not he's worthless garbage. Relax.


Calm down Normy - not not makes no sense. So which NFL team are you the GM...good grief.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wgbeethree


Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Posts: 3924
Location: Denver, CO via Racine, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:
Peppers could seamlessly move into Hydes role and be an upgrade, but getting an Outside DB/Elite RB/Pass Rusher seems like better use of our 1st.


Physically Peppers is an upgrade but with their respective strengths and weaknesses I'm not sure the production would be all that much different to be honest.
_________________

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 17811
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
Kenrik wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
I think Jabrill Peppers would be a very exciting pick. Imagine a DB who can play slot and also play near the line of scrimmage like Charles Woodson did. I think that is Peppers. Add to that an exciting return guy and what you have is a defensive player who is also a weapon, much like our Woodson was.


What a horrible comparison. Have you watched Peppers film? WRs get seperation on him and thats college WRs. Hes going to struggle with man coverage in the nfl. Woodson had amazing instincts and made plays left and right. Peppers is not woodson.


In fact...in fact Peppers is so bad he is projected to be a 1st round pick. All you experts in here just know better so congratulations. The scouting report on Peppers is late 1st round, can play slot, and is best suited as a hybrid player much like Charles Woodson was near the end of his career. That, however, does not make him Charles Woodson nor did I say it made him Charles Woodson. Peppers is also a return guy which the Packers do need. I think some of you need to read posts more carefully. Now ask me if I think TT will draft Peppers if he is there at 29 - I doubt it because it is a risky pick.


He said he will struggle in man coverage in the NFL. Not not he's worthless garbage. Relax.


Calm down Normy - not not makes no sense. So which NFL team are you the GM...good grief.


It's this stupid phone it'll double tap on words I pick. And I'm not the one who said that GM thing to you. In case you thought it was me...you were just dying to find something to jump me over after we made fun of your terrible opinions weren't you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Frank-O


Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 2265
Location: Wisconsin - Cheeseland
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help but to think to compare him to Landon Collins...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 49075
Location: mike23md on the dope sig
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:
Peppers could seamlessly move into Hydes role and be an upgrade, but getting an Outside DB/Elite RB/Pass Rusher seems like better use of our 1st.


That's kind of my line of thinking. I like him, but I think he's too much of a luxury to take in the first round.
_________________

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 11626
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
fattlipp wrote:
Peppers could seamlessly move into Hydes role and be an upgrade, but getting an Outside DB/Elite RB/Pass Rusher seems like better use of our 1st.


That's kind of my line of thinking. I like him, but I think he's too much of a luxury to take in the first round.


You need a very specific plan in place for him. With our talent at safety, I'm not so sure we would have a clearly delineated role. Yes, you make space/opportunities for great football players. But we're too thin elsewhere, like you said, to warrant taking someone who doesn't fit into one single role. He instantly makes us more athletic. But I'm not sure the value is there in the first.
_________________
packerjmf wrote:
GWH87 wrote:
Somebody take the off season shovel out of Ted's hands & bury him in his own hole.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 49075
Location: mike23md on the dope sig
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
You need a very specific plan in place for him. With our talent at safety, I'm not so sure we would have a clearly delineated role. Yes, you make space/opportunities for great football players. But we're too thin elsewhere, like you said, to warrant taking someone who doesn't fit into one single role. He instantly makes us more athletic. But I'm not sure the value is there in the first.


I'm not sure that's the case. Dom loves that utility DB whether it be the latter portion of Charles Woodson's career or with Micah Hyde, he loves having that versatile DB in his secondary. Quite frankly, I'd be surprised if he wasn't in the war room whispering into TT's ear about drafting him. He's a guy that Capers would love to have suiting up for him. But LIS, he's almost too much of a luxury for me to take in the 1st round, but if he starts sliding into the 2nd round I'd start putting out feelers and seeing what the cost would be to move up and select him.
_________________

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 18358
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
fattlipp wrote:
Peppers could seamlessly move into Hydes role and be an upgrade, but getting an Outside DB/Elite RB/Pass Rusher seems like better use of our 1st.


That's kind of my line of thinking. I like him, but I think he's too much of a luxury to take in the first round.
I keep going back and forth with that. Hyde had 821 snaps last year, which was DB4 snap count. Peppers would, barring injuries, be DB5. That is a starter and worth a late 1st to me easily.
_________________

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
{Family Ghost}


Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 2859
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've went back and forth on adding Jabrill Peppers at #29. I think it would be great value, as the Packers love versatility from their players. He can play in several defensive packages, play a little running back, and also add something to the return game. He also gives us a little cover with Morgan Burnett's contract being up after the season. I'd be hard pressed to pass this guy up at #29.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fattlipp


Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Posts: 1186
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
fattlipp wrote:
Peppers could seamlessly move into Hydes role and be an upgrade, but getting an Outside DB/Elite RB/Pass Rusher seems like better use of our 1st.


Physically Peppers is an upgrade but with their respective strengths and weaknesses I'm not sure the production would be all that much different to be honest.


Peppers makes that pick against SF, he's also a better return guy, otherwise, maybe so...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 17811
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
fattlipp wrote:
Peppers could seamlessly move into Hydes role and be an upgrade, but getting an Outside DB/Elite RB/Pass Rusher seems like better use of our 1st.


Physically Peppers is an upgrade but with their respective strengths and weaknesses I'm not sure the production would be all that much different to be honest.


Peppers makes that pick against SF, he's also a better return guy, otherwise, maybe so...


Could you imagine a 17 year old making an interception to go to the super bowl? What a moment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
duxrule


Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Posts: 3210
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm over stating it, but when I hear all the Peppers hype, all I can see is Ernest Shazor, who was AP All American safety at Michigan and many, MANY people on this page wanted to draft as early as the 2nd round. He goes undrafted, and plays 2 games in the NFL. Like I said, over stating it, but that's all I can picture...a wasted pick.
_________________
I'd rather be goose hunting
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 11626
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
fattlipp wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
fattlipp wrote:
Peppers could seamlessly move into Hydes role and be an upgrade, but getting an Outside DB/Elite RB/Pass Rusher seems like better use of our 1st.


Physically Peppers is an upgrade but with their respective strengths and weaknesses I'm not sure the production would be all that much different to be honest.


Peppers makes that pick against SF, he's also a better return guy, otherwise, maybe so...


Could you imagine a 17 year old making an interception to go to the super bowl? What a moment.


divisional round
_________________
packerjmf wrote:
GWH87 wrote:
Somebody take the off season shovel out of Ted's hands & bury him in his own hole.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group