You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can someone explain to me why Jabrill Peppers can't play CB?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HawaiiFan808

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Michigan who watched all of Michigan's games I think he could be a nickel corner, but I'd be very hesitant to play him on the outside. Michigan asked him to blitz a lot, which he excelled at. But teams also took advantage of his size and ran it at him a couple of times. In short I think he's worth a 1st, but he needs to go to a team that would utilize him correctly.
cooters22

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlondeonBlonde wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
He doesn't have the hips to play CB in the NFL.

It's really that simple.

What are your thoughts about him otherwise? Seems like he's the type of player that Capers could find a way to utilize in his sub-packages.

No doubt he is, I was just think that corner is our biggest weakness so why couldn't he fit there.
cooters22

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:
Cadmus wrote:

It's really that simple.

Add that comment with his lack of coverage skills and that is why.

I'll add one more. What he does best is flow to the ball. What he does least is cover. So, if you are going to draft the kid, use him where he is strong.

I think as a 4-3 weakside backer he could be good. Or a safety that comes into the box often.

I don't think he's physical enough to play outside backer. He isn't nearly as physical as Deone Buchanon, whom sorta made that transfer like that. Nor is he as big.
vegas492

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooters22 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:
Cadmus wrote:

It's really that simple.

Add that comment with his lack of coverage skills and that is why.

I'll add one more. What he does best is flow to the ball. What he does least is cover. So, if you are going to draft the kid, use him where he is strong.

I think as a 4-3 weakside backer he could be good. Or a safety that comes into the box often.

I don't think he's physical enough to play outside backer. He isn't nearly as physical as Deone Buchanon, whom sorta made that transfer like that. Nor is he as big.

Deone plays inside for Arizona.
I think Peppers plays the weak side, chase, linebacker in a 4-3. Or the safety who comes up into the box. In that scenario above. He isn't a guy like Deone who plays inside and has to fight off guards. Buchanon stinks at that and Peppers would be worse.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jabrill Peppers would be a very exciting pick. Imagine a DB who can play slot and also play near the line of scrimmage like Charles Woodson did. I think that is Peppers. Add to that an exciting return guy and what you have is a defensive player who is also a weapon, much like our Woodson was.
spilltray

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
I think Jabrill Peppers would be a very exciting pick. Imagine a DB who can play slot and also play near the line of scrimmage like Charles Woodson did. I think that is Peppers. Add to that an exciting return guy and what you have is a defensive player who is also a weapon, much like our Woodson was.

Except Woodson had elite man coverage skills and could play on the outside. The flexibility is what made him such a danger.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:
Fact is 3 of our 4 top CB's would probably be better off as Safeties, all except House.

That's not a fact, that's an opinion. And at the end of the day, players who can play boundary corner are exponentially more valuable than safeties. And the money trails proves that.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
vegas492

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:

Except Woodson had elite man coverage skills and could play on the outside. The flexibility is what made him such a danger.

It is funny to me that people are actually comparing Peppers to Woodson. Woody was such the better prospect that it isn't even close.

Take Peppers out of the Wolverine uniform and make him a Washington Husky and his comparison is Shaq Thompson. Quite the stark difference.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles Woodson?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5HLyGXQLSs

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Kenrik

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:

What a horrible comparison. Have you watched Peppers film? WRs get seperation on him and thats college WRs. Hes going to struggle with man coverage in the nfl. Woodson had amazing instincts and made plays left and right. Peppers is not woodson.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenrik wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:

What a horrible comparison. Have you watched Peppers film? WRs get seperation on him and thats college WRs. Hes going to struggle with man coverage in the nfl. Woodson had amazing instincts and made plays left and right. Peppers is not woodson.

In fact...in fact Peppers is so bad he is projected to be a 1st round pick. All you experts in here just know better so congratulations. The scouting report on Peppers is late 1st round, can play slot, and is best suited as a hybrid player much like Charles Woodson was near the end of his career. That, however, does not make him Charles Woodson nor did I say it made him Charles Woodson. Peppers is also a return guy which the Packers do need. I think some of you need to read posts more carefully. Now ask me if I think TT will draft Peppers if he is there at 29 - I doubt it because it is a risky pick.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
Kenrik wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:

In fact...in fact Peppers is so bad he is projected to be a 1st round pick. All you experts in here just know better so congratulations. The scouting report on Peppers is late 1st round, can play slot, and is best suited as a hybrid player much like Charles Woodson was near the end of his career. That, however, does not make him Charles Woodson nor did I say it made him Charles Woodson. Peppers is also a return guy which the Packers do need. I think some of you need to read posts more carefully. Now ask me if I think TT will draft Peppers if he is there at 29 - I doubt it because it is a risky pick.

He said he will struggle in man coverage in the NFL. Not not he's worthless garbage. Relax.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:

He said he will struggle in man coverage in the NFL. Not not he's worthless garbage. Relax.

Know what? I'll say it. Compared to Charles Woodson, Jabrill Peppers IS worthless garbage. And I agree that if he hadn't gone to Michigan, he wouldn't get that comparison. You know who else went to Michigan? Madonna. Should we sign Jabrill Peppers to a record deal too?

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

vegas492

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

Know what? I'll say it. Compared to Charles Woodson, Jabrill Peppers IS worthless garbage. And I agree that if he hadn't gone to Michigan, he wouldn't get that comparison. You know who else went to Michigan? Madonna. Should we sign Jabrill Peppers to a record deal too?

I would rather have watched her run the 40 back in the day.... Smile
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

Lol I just meant in regards to being a first rounder

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: