Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Free Agents v3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
squire12


Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Posts: 6543
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Jaegybomb wrote:
I think Michael is the better version of Dujuan Harris or Don Jackson.


Central is right about his vision methinks. He just shoots out of a cannon but does he ever slow it down?

His balance is crap too, he can fall down too easy. But when he's there, he can fly through those holes fast. There's not a ton after that though I guess.


And if he hasn't figured it out as a runner by now, it's doubtful he will. You can have all the burst in the world but he plays too fast mentally IMO. Bad for the blockers. I know we run a mix of zone/man but it's notoriously difficult to block for him because he's impatient/undisciplined. Monty sat on his OL's tails and waited for blocks to materialize. Was insane to see a guy do that with no extensive RB background (and look like L'Bell). Michael hasn't done that in years as a full-time RB. That tells me it's something that's just innate, instinctual as a runner.


Monty certainly has a feel for using his blockers to the optimum. He was a RB early in his HS career in Texas, was moved to WR midway through HS.
Just might be something that he is more natural at setting up and using the blockers.
_________________
Salary Cap Fantasy Football League
2016 Salary Cap League Rosters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TransientTexan


Joined: 27 Jul 2014
Posts: 555
Location: Connecticut
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Hope he changes his # tho. My OCD is through the roof watching 88 run it Laughing

28. That would be an excellent choice.


It's really even. He said he was gonna keep it though last I heard right?


ffy

yeah I think he had a change of heart unfortunately. I'm pretty sure the NFL recently changed that?


Lol

Having to change your number after position change? I think it's older. I believe Hester used it.


I thought it was never necessary to change # unless the position swap changed your pass-catching eligibility (ie. OT to TE). but I do remember in HS the coaches tried to reserve certain # ranges for certain positions, even on defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vegas492


Joined: 30 Oct 2012
Posts: 1465
Location: Pewaukee, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:
gopackgo247 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
Either way I'm completely fine waiting until after the draft and see what's left.


What round would you prefer us to grab a back? Also is there any running back outside of the top tier that youd be okay with going into the season with absent a veteran presence? So wed have Monty and a rookie then maybe a UDFA.

I'm good waiting till after the draft, too.

And don't forget, Michael is back. So, they have a backup to Monty already. Probably hurts the Charles option (veteran vs. veteran), but a back certainly should be drafted and I'd argue that another one or two should be signed as UDFAs.


I REALLY hope Michael is not on this roster in September, let alone the prime backup to Montgomery.


Agreed. I don't see any point in hoping all season that he finally puts it together in his fifth year as a pro. If he's our no. 2 entering September, that's a bad sign for the development of Monty and/or our rookie(s).


As a guy who is more than fine with him being on the roster, I also don't want him as the #2. I just think he can be a high end 3. As dumb as "high end 3" sounds.


Not sure what he'd provide though. Mac doesn't carry four RBs (Rip included). He doesn't offer much teams value (sure, he returned kicks, but that's about it). He's unreliable in pass protection and in terms of his assignments.

I just think his resigning is indicative of our absence of any other talent there. No more, no less. 50/50 odds he's on the roster on September 1.


High end burst/accel that hardly any RB3 has. I know he doesn't play teams, yada yada. But he's a RB. I want him to have talent at RB too. He has high end burst for a RB3 (that isn't a midget). You guys seem to just have high hopes for a RB3 or something. Can you do better? Sure. Do we usually? No.


I like him competing for a backup spot. That burst he has is special. And I can't think of too many RB3's that have a special kind of burst like that. He will be tough to get off of the team.

I still want a drafted running back brought in too, but I'm okay with Michael back there in a reserve role.

Although I like Charles, I'm unsure if he has any burst left to him. I think if he did, he would be on a roster right now.
_________________
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 17813
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure you're right. Obviously you can't have an eligible number and play full time ol or something like that but I think he's you're fine otherwise. Idk how old the rule was and stuff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 14708
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
I don't think carrying four on game day is normal for us. Rip can get us out of the game, and if Michael's our 3, we have someone [rookie] in a time share with Monty. Michael would be excessive.

I'm not entirely against it, I would just prefer we find better/more reliable. I think we will. Michael might be on our roster for the first month and then be cut as soon as we learn that what we have is enough. If not, then we roll with Monty-Michael-Rip and be satisfied with an offense that's one solid hit on its RB away from being one dimensional.


I don't know if we should risk going into the season with only 2 halfbacks. Didn't we go into 2016 with 3 but then lost both Lacy and Jackson and had to nab Micheal off waivers? I wouldn't be opposed to Monty, a draft pick and Michael this season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 12038
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
I don't think carrying four on game day is normal for us. Rip can get us out of the game, and if Michael's our 3, we have someone [rookie] in a time share with Monty. Michael would be excessive.

I'm not entirely against it, I would just prefer we find better/more reliable. I think we will. Michael might be on our roster for the first month and then be cut as soon as we learn that what we have is enough. If not, then we roll with Monty-Michael-Rip and be satisfied with an offense that's one solid hit on its RB away from being one dimensional.


I don't know if we should risk going into the season with only 2 halfbacks. Didn't we go into 2016 with 3 but then lost both Lacy and Jackson and had to nab Micheal off waivers? I wouldn't be opposed to Monty, a draft pick and Michael this season.


He's talking about the gameday 45 man active roster, not the 53. If there is a 3rd HB on the 53 they aren't always active on the 45.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 11629
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Pugger wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
I don't think carrying four on game day is normal for us. Rip can get us out of the game, and if Michael's our 3, we have someone [rookie] in a time share with Monty. Michael would be excessive.

I'm not entirely against it, I would just prefer we find better/more reliable. I think we will. Michael might be on our roster for the first month and then be cut as soon as we learn that what we have is enough. If not, then we roll with Monty-Michael-Rip and be satisfied with an offense that's one solid hit on its RB away from being one dimensional.


I don't know if we should risk going into the season with only 2 halfbacks. Didn't we go into 2016 with 3 but then lost both Lacy and Jackson and had to nab Micheal off waivers? I wouldn't be opposed to Monty, a draft pick and Michael this season.


He's talking about the gameday 45 man active roster, not the 53. If there is a 3rd HB on the 53 they aren't always active on the 45.


This.

And Michael flat out doesn't have any value to us if he's a healthy scratch.

I'm not opposed to keeping him, just saying.
_________________
packerjmf wrote:
GWH87 wrote:
Somebody take the off season shovel out of Ted's hands & bury him in his own hole.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vegas492


Joined: 30 Oct 2012
Posts: 1465
Location: Pewaukee, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else seeing that GB signed Jhari Evans to play guard?
_________________
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheOnlyThing


Joined: 01 Sep 2015
Posts: 842
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:
Anybody else seeing that GB signed Jhari Evans to play guard?


Yes.

"Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 55s55 seconds ago

Source: G Jahri Evans is signing with the #Packers."

Hope there is enough left in the tank to keep Barclay on the bench.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cadmus


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 2327
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:
Anybody else seeing that GB signed Jhari Evans to play guard?


Yep, it's on Rotoworld.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlondeonBlonde


Joined: 10 Mar 2014
Posts: 318
Location: Appleton, WI
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since there's no other big Packers news at the moment.....

Any chance we kick the tires on Gary Barnidge? With the familiarity that Brian Angelichio has with him it could make sense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smetana34


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 4173
Location: Chippewa Falls, WI
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlondeonBlonde wrote:
Well since there's no other big Packers news at the moment.....

Any chance we kick the tires on Gary Barnidge? With the familiarity that Brian Angelichio has with him it could make sense.


And where does he fit in?
_________________
Uncle Buck wrote:

Uncle Buck: "I'm expecting Kate Beckinsale to dump her husband and run away with me."
incognito_man wrote:

you probably have better odds of running off with Tebow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlondeonBlonde


Joined: 10 Mar 2014
Posts: 318
Location: Appleton, WI
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smetana34 wrote:
BlondeonBlonde wrote:
Well since there's no other big Packers news at the moment.....

Any chance we kick the tires on Gary Barnidge? With the familiarity that Brian Angelichio has with him it could make sense.


And where does he fit in?


Well, we carried 5 TEs in 2011? I think he would probably make Richard Rodgers expendable, but clearly the Packers don't view him as anything more than a rotational player at this point anyway.

Barnidge would instantly step in as TE2 on our depth chart.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gopackgo247


Joined: 20 Jan 2017
Posts: 157
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlondeonBlonde wrote:
smetana34 wrote:
BlondeonBlonde wrote:
Well since there's no other big Packers news at the moment.....

Any chance we kick the tires on Gary Barnidge? With the familiarity that Brian Angelichio has with him it could make sense.


And where does he fit in?


Well, we carried 5 TEs in 2011? I think he would probably make Richard Rodgers expendable, but clearly the Packers don't view him as anything more than a rotational player at this point anyway.

Barnidge would instantly step in as TE2 on our depth chart.



We signed Bennett and Kendricks in the offseason. Id hate to see them invest any more money into the TE position.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shanedorf


Joined: 18 Mar 2014
Posts: 1415
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Colts announced that they have signed defensive tackle Josh Boyd.

Good luck to a former Packer on his recovery and return to the NFL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group