Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Free Agents v3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:

I REALLY hope Michael is not on this roster in September, let alone the prime backup to Montgomery.

Agreed. I don't see any point in hoping all season that he finally puts it together in his fifth year as a pro. If he's our no. 2 entering September, that's a bad sign for the development of Monty and/or our rookie(s).

As a guy who is more than fine with him being on the roster, I also don't want him as the #2. I just think he can be a high end 3. As dumb as "high end 3" sounds.

Hey now.

Don't make fun of our high end #3 TE, Richard Rodgers.

Lol true. I just didn't want to make it sound like I was calling him a massive asset. I think most people here are terrified that he's going to cost us an entire season. Gotta be careful lol
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:
gopackgo247 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
Either way I'm completely fine waiting until after the draft and see what's left.

What round would you prefer us to grab a back? Also is there any running back outside of the top tier that youd be okay with going into the season with absent a veteran presence? So wed have Monty and a rookie then maybe a UDFA.

I'm good waiting till after the draft, too.

And don't forget, Michael is back. So, they have a backup to Monty already. Probably hurts the Charles option (veteran vs. veteran), but a back certainly should be drafted and I'd argue that another one or two should be signed as UDFAs.

I REALLY hope Michael is not on this roster in September, let alone the prime backup to Montgomery.

Agreed. I don't see any point in hoping all season that he finally puts it together in his fifth year as a pro. If he's our no. 2 entering September, that's a bad sign for the development of Monty and/or our rookie(s).

As a guy who is more than fine with him being on the roster, I also don't want him as the #2. I just think he can be a high end 3. As dumb as "high end 3" sounds.

Not sure what he'd provide though. Mac doesn't carry four RBs (Rip included). He doesn't offer much teams value (sure, he returned kicks, but that's about it). He's unreliable in pass protection and in terms of his assignments.

I just think his resigning is indicative of our absence of any other talent there. No more, no less. 50/50 odds he's on the roster on September 1.

High end burst/accel that hardly any RB3 has. I know he doesn't play teams, yada yada. But he's a RB. I want him to have talent at RB too. He has high end burst for a RB3 (that isn't a midget). You guys seem to just have high hopes for a RB3 or something. Can you do better? Sure. Do we usually? No.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, a lot of backs on the open market have some redeemable athletic traits. Michael just doesn't have the feel or patience. Maybe he develops it. I'm just in the camp that that roster spot can be spent on someone who's more likely to be able to impact two phases of the game. If we don't find a competitive no. 2, I'd be all for Michael being our backup.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
I mean, a lot of backs on the open market have some redeemable athletic traits. Michael just doesn't have the feel or patience. Maybe he develops it. I'm just in the camp that that roster spot can be spent on someone who's more likely to be able to impact two phases of the game. If we don't find a competitive no. 2, I'd be all for Michael being our backup.

Michael is a stud on ST anyways.

He prays to god after they don't call penalties on him, during plays.

I'm not saying he's the best 3 you can go, I'm not saying there aren't other athletes available, I'm not saying there aren't better guys in the draft late, I'm not saying there aren't better guys as a UDFA, I'm not saying there aren't better guys in the CFL (Is that enough?) lol

I just think he has a good enough skillset as a RB3 to make a roster as a RB3, that's it.

I just wonder when some people are like terrified that he might be the third RB on a team, what the big deal is...then someone starts talking about how he's gonna fumble in a tied SB game in OT to make us lose our 19 SB in a row, because he also fumbled the previous 18 SB overtimes, or whatever lol.

It's just a third RB guys...and I think we all expect that we fully look at getting someone to tandem with Ty. We can't be okay with what's there now.

I actually agree he's 50/50 to make the team, btw. Could even be high.
Jaegybomb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeping 3 RBs and a FB seems pretty standard.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think carrying four on game day is normal for us. Rip can get us out of the game, and if Michael's our 3, we have someone [rookie] in a time share with Monty. Michael would be excessive.

I'm not entirely against it, I would just prefer we find better/more reliable. I think we will. Michael might be on our roster for the first month and then be cut as soon as we learn that what we have is enough. If not, then we roll with Monty-Michael-Rip and be satisfied with an offense that's one solid hit on its RB away from being one dimensional.

Jaegybomb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Michael is the better version of Dujuan Harris or Don Jackson.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaegybomb wrote:

Central is right about his vision methinks. He just shoots out of a cannon but does he ever slow it down?

His balance is crap too, he can fall down too easy. But when he's there, he can fly through those holes fast. There's not a ton after that though I guess.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Jaegybomb wrote:

Central is right about his vision methinks. He just shoots out of a cannon but does he ever slow it down?

His balance is crap too, he can fall down too easy. But when he's there, he can fly through those holes fast. There's not a ton after that though I guess.

And if he hasn't figured it out as a runner by now, it's doubtful he will. You can have all the burst in the world but he plays too fast mentally IMO. Bad for the blockers. I know we run a mix of zone/man but it's notoriously difficult to block for him because he's impatient/undisciplined. Monty sat on his OL's tails and waited for blocks to materialize. Was insane to see a guy do that with no extensive RB background (and look like L'Bell). Michael hasn't done that in years as a full-time RB. That tells me it's something that's just innate, instinctual as a runner.

Jaegybomb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously there are problems with him and he's never going to be a starter but I still think he could develop into Starks or something if he gets lucky and he's already better than the guys we've been plugging in for 3rd string.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Jaegybomb wrote:

And if he hasn't figured it out as a runner by now, it's doubtful he will. You can have all the burst in the world but he plays too fast mentally IMO. Bad for the blockers. I know we run a mix of zone/man but it's notoriously difficult to block for him because he's impatient/undisciplined. Monty sat on his OL's tails and waited for blocks to materialize. Was insane to see a guy do that with no extensive RB background (and look like L'Bell). Michael hasn't done that in years as a full-time RB. That tells me it's something that's just innate, instinctual as a runner.

Agree so much on Ty and you hardly ever hear it. He had such a natural feel. But all anyone says is omg wr converted to running back.

I'm not expecting Michael to gain patience or anything btw
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope he changes his # tho. My OCD is through the roof watching 88 run it Laughing

28. That would be an excellent choice.

NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Hope he changes his # tho. My OCD is through the roof watching 88 run it Laughing

It's really odd. He said he was gonna keep it though last I heard right?
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

It's really even. He said he was gonna keep it though last I heard right?

ffy

yeah I think he had a change of heart unfortunately. I'm pretty sure the NFL recently changed that?

NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

It's really even. He said he was gonna keep it though last I heard right?

ffy

yeah I think he had a change of heart unfortunately. I'm pretty sure the NFL recently changed that?

Lol

Having to change your number after position change? I think it's older. I believe Hester used it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15

Jump to: