Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Poloc2289's Lone (Ideal) Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
I think Engram will struggle to separate vs nfl cb's. Obviously he tested through the roof and has the size advantage, but his route running is pretty pedestrian.
I like the rest of it though, and don't even necessarily dislike Engram, I just think he's more of a project before he can take take advantage of his physical gifts.
I'm still gonna mock Howard Wilson to us in the 3rd, but I could see him going in late round 2.
Not sure why anyone would panic over taking a DE. We need one. Everyone besides B Graham is a question mark at that position. Our 2nd round pick is going to be a great spot to take one, because the good ones won't be there when we're on the clock in the 3rd. There should still be good CB's available in the 3rd and 4th though.
I don't think Davenport makes it out of the 5th round because its such a average OT class after Ramczyk, Bolles, and Cam.
I don't know squat about Mack Hollins
DeCoud's finger swag looks pretty feminine to me. I'll pass on him.

I don't believe his route running is pedestrian. Take a look at his Pro Day.
The Ole Miss system was a joke, just having him run a dig in a soft zone most of the time. However, when they let him loose he ran pretty routes. Check out the one in the gif.

I see we're on the same page with DE. The bottom line too is DE is a position you can never have enough of. Pass rush is vital. As for Davenport, I find it hard to believe an extremely raw player from Bucknell is going early. Could be wrong though.

DeCoud's finger swag wasn't properly gif'd. The cut makes it look feminine
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
I kinda like it. Its a VERY similar mindset to where I was making my mock and you even added my current draft crush (Wilson).

I like the Engram pick....better as a TE. Don't get me wrong he's a great athlete and he's definitely going to play more of a receiver role than a blocker role wherever he gets drafted but I think he loses a lot of advantages (match-up, route running, etc.) if you ignore convention and stick him in the slot. I wouldn't mind taking him and working on converting him but I think in his first year he'd have much more success sticking with TE as he develops.

Rivers, Basham. I'm fine with either. Personally I think Basham will go before Rivers but we're essentially trying to accomplish the same thing with the picks. I like the fact that you picked a DE high.

I LOVE the Wilson pick. Yes, it may be a reach (I took him in the 4th in my draft last week and that might be a little low) and I hate the fact that we're going to be forced to start him day 1 on the outside because he does still need a little bit of work and is a little inexperienced. That said he fits the aggressiveness and physicality of Schwartz' scheme perfectly and his ceiling is through the roof.

Hunt is a great pick and a guy who can run between the tackles and also catch the ball. the extra second spent on a corner really gives you the versatility to take Hunt in the 3rd.

Anzalone....meh. He had a great Senior bowl but he's one of those guys that does everything well and nothing great. I think its a decent "AAAA" depth pick but I don't think he's someone you can really project as a starter.

Corn, hehe. I would have preferred someone with more size that needs to be developed rather than someone developed but undersized. That said he is aggressive and physical, hopefully the NFL doesn't break him.

I literally know nothing about Hollins. That said you could probably get the uninjured, sticky handed other UNC WR (Switzer) with this same pick. I'm guessing by the GIF that this guy would have projected as the "Jeffrey" to Switzer's "Smith" so with a floor of a special teams ace and a ceiling of a go-to #1 WR it seems like a solid lottery ticket.

Davenport is another good pick. Personally I think he's gone a round earlier but we're talking about the late rounds so who really knows. That said Davenport has prototypical left Tackle size and great athleticism but he's VERY raw and needs to work on technique and putting the whole package together.

Oh god, a 7th round finger wagger. Guess we know who our starter opposite Mills is next year. Laughing I wonder if he has any relation to the Cal Safety who probably isn't in the league anymore but was a hot pick on these boards about 5 years or so ago.

Overall I give it a B+, mostly because I think you got a little too cute with our first round pick and selected someone who I think will be more of a project than a player.

Thanks for the input.
I can see Anzalone not making it but I think he showed he's got game at the Senior Bowl and assuming healthy, he can be a player. I was not wowed by his tape either but I tried to keep in mind how much time he had missed.

Hollins is a tall deep threat. Switzer is a slot guy in my mind.
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
A mock with a trade back...these are hard to judge imo

You're basically saying quantity over possible quality and then to top it off you threw a bunch of names that either A) haven't been linked to us or B) I haven't seen or done any follow-up on.

But its your ideal mock so

I like trading back and getting a 3 for 1, as in other mocks like this I don't know if the trade value is there.

I'm intrigued by the first two picks. The rest I'm not as big on.

My thought is with a proper trade down, you can still get quality while also capitalizing the quantity. For whatever reason people are projecting Engram as a late 1st, early 2nd guy. I'll go out on a limb and say he will be the best receiving TE from this class.

Take a look at the other guys if you get the chance.
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleDeegle wrote:
I like this mock a lot. It's different.

I think Engram is going to be really good... A Jordan Reed type with game breaking ability.

Hollins is a 4-year captain. Which is freaking impressive.

Love Rivers in a wide-9

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
I like this mock more than most. Seems its geared more towards getting potential playmakers than stars which I really like.

Thanks guys. I feel like people hyper-focus on a few guys. Doesn't hurt to be different.
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magross wrote:
I hate this mock.

The trade back I'm 50/50 on but then going with engram who you will be able to get in the 2nd round is way to high of a reach for me.

All the other picks except corn elder I hate. Especially anzalone he's way too injury prone n he's not worth it. He barely showed any good flashes in film I watch. Just no on him.

Makes sense, I hate your prospects.
Want no part of Mixon or Dede Westbrook. Have a little respect for yourself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: