Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Poloc2289's Lone (Ideal) Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Poloc2289's Lone (Ideal) Mock Reply with quote

Trade

Philadelphia Eagles trade Rd. 1 pick (14) to the Oakland Raiders for Rd. 1 pick (24), Rd. 2 pick (56), and a 2018 3rd rounder

Reasoning: Reuben Foster (a guy I would love to have on the Eagles) slips to 14 and the Raiders, not far from a Super Bowl contending team, give up on some picks to fill a need with an assumed superstar. The Eagles, having several holes to fill and not having any of the top guys left at 14, trade back in order to acquire more talent.

Round 1, Pick 24:

WR Evan Engram 6'3, 234lbs. out of Ole Miss

Notice I put WR. Not TE, WR. Engram is compared quite a bit to Jordan Reed and sure I can see that. But watching Jordan Reed, I wouldn't necessarily consider him a TE because he's rarely on the line. The NFL is evolving and now you got big guys like Reed, Larry Fitz, and Jordan Matthews in the slot. I think with Engram you're looking at a guy who will occupy the slot almost solely and can provide adequate blocking in space in a 3 wide set. My comparison would be Fitz in the slot (not young, outside receiving threat Fitz). That being said though, compare their spider graphs (Engram = https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/evan-engram?position=ATH Fitz = https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/larry-fitzgerald?position=ATH ). Engram is as athletic as the top WR's and I'm shocked he's not talked about more in that slot WR role. With the Eagles renting WR's for a year, it's a need no doubt. And I don't think this draft is strong at receiver personally, especially deep. #weaponsforWentz
https://twitter.com/EvanEngram/status/569276315834191872

Round 2, Pick 43:

DE Derek Rivers 6'4, 248

Don't panic. I know it's not a cornerback but there are a lot of holes to fill and the cornerbacks on the board here do not provide adequate value. Rivers will come right in and challenge Curry for a starting spot. Edge rusher is an underrated need as Curry has been disappointing, Graham is getting up there in age, Long is just a stop gap, and Smith is a bust. I like Means but until we see more, there needs to be an infusion of talent. Rivers provides immediate pass rush help but is surprisingly adept at run defense as well. With his athleticism, he should excel in a Schwartz defense and push for immediate starting time.

Round 2, Pick 56:

CB Howard Wilson 6'1, 184

Some of you might be sitting there thinking "reach." Well, I'll make you a bet right now that Howard Wilson will be taken within the first 60 picks in this draft. He is being criminally underrated and after watching him, he's my second favorite CB prospect from a ceiling perspective. I worry about his inexperience but his burst is simply incredible. Watch him make a cut and break on the ball. Also Schwartz looks for physicality in corners. Why then are people thinking Conley or Wilson? I love Witherspoon's coverage ability but he's too soft. Howard Wilson is a great talent with the physical skills and someone I can see eventually transforming into a #1 corner.

Round 3, Pick 99:

RB Kareem Hunt 5'10, 216lbs.

Hunt has been a forgotten man since getting initial buzz. Now guys like Marlon Mack and De'onta Foreman are getting hyped up just because they're athletic. Well throw on the tape and look at these guys. Hunt, out of all the running backs in this draft, has the best balance no doubt. The guy runs with a low center of gravity and can bounce off tackles with ease. Also when I look at RB's I wanna see vision. McCaffery and Hunt have some of the best vision in this draft. He's also versatile, exhibiting an ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. He lacks breakaway speed but in Hunt we have a bellcow back that can be on the field for 3 downs.

Round 4, Pick 118:

LB Alex Anzalone 6'3, 241lbs.

As you might have already figured out, I take the Senior Bowl seriously. Rivers, Hunt, and Anzalone impressed at the Senior Bowl and the Eagles have a history of scouting the game hard. Also with the last few years it appears the Eagles are less afraid to take injury concerns. They trust their medical team and think diamonds in the rough (Hicks) can be found by picking a kid based on talent, not injury. Anzalone actually did not pop in the tape I watched (aside from the Senior Bowl) but I could see his athleticism and motor. The Eagles need linebacker depth, especially if Kendricks is shipped off, and Anzalone provides a potential starter at any of the 3 linebacker positions.

Round 4, Pick 139:
CB Corn Elder 5'10, 183

As much as people love this guy, he's going to slip in the draft because of his size. Is he a slot, safety, or can he hold his own on the outside? What I love about him, and what the Eagles would love, is he does not play to that size. He's super aggressive both in the pass and run game. It doesn't seem as though Schwartz cares as much about size so I think they talker Elder hoping at the very least he would make an aggressive gunner.

Round 5, Pick 155:

WR Mack Hollins 6'4, 221lbs.

This one is actually realistic. There was a report that the Eagles were interested in 8 WR's and many worked out with Carson Wentz. Hollins was one of those guys. He's a deep play threat which is what you want better depth with. Injuries and drops plagued his college career but this is a guy who has pretty unparalleled on-field size/speed combo. He also frequented special teams so a guy that can come in right away and contribute there. PFF even noted him as a top NFL draft prospect before the 2016 college season ( https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-top-nfl-prospects-every-position-2017/ ). Could he eventually be a starter? That's the hope.

Round 6, Pick 194:

OT Julie'n Davenport 6'7, 318

I'm shocked this guy has a GIF. And Anzalone doesn't, weird. I haven't looked much at O-line since the Eagles have a lot of depth but this is a guy who defines the word 'development.' He's got the look but he needs to be better trained from his athleticism to his technique. Won't contribute year 1 but maybe someone that can help out down the line. Some believe he can work into a Pro Bowl starter but I think that's lofty considering his flaws and lack of competition.

Round 7, Pick 230:

CB Treston DeCoud 6'2, 206lbs.

Finger wag. This guy is a late round favorite of mine. He could make the switch to safety but here's an athletically limited but productive cornerback in college. He absolutely shut down top round prospect WR Chad Hansen. What he lacks in speed he makes up for in technique and physicality. I wouldn't expect much from him initially like Jalen Mills but if he progresses I can see him replacing Jenkins down the line at safety or being a spot starter at CB.

Depth Chart

QB Wentz/Foles
WR Jeffrey/Smith/Engram/Matthews/Agholor/Hollins
RB Hunt/Smallwood/Sproles
TE Ertz/Celek/Burton
LT Peters/Davenport
LG Seumalo/Barbre/Warmack
C Kelce/Wisnewski
RG Brooks/Tobin
RT Johnson/Vaitai

LDE Graham/Rivers
DT Cox/Vaeao
DT Jernigan/Allen
DE Curry/Long/Smith
WLB Kendricks/Anzalone
MLB Hicks/Walker
SLB Bradham/Goode
CB Wilson/Elder
CB Mills/Brooks
Slot Robinson
SS Jenkins/DeCoud
FS McLeod/Maragos

K Sturgis
P Jones
LS - Dorenbos

Poloc2289

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who will complain about still having Kendricks or Kelce, I'm not going to project a trade. I reasoned through that first one but I'm not going to create a hole on the roster and try to reason through more trades. It's too much work.

Also several web sources indicate these are fair values for the players as they stand right now
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have Wilson over Conley? Whew...

I'll take another look at Wilson, but I didn't see that level of player and I don't see the fit with us either.

Will comment in more detail a little later when I have more time.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drafting evan engram to just use him as a slot receiver seems like a big waste of what you could do with him. I mean wouldnt you want to put him in situations where safeties and linebackers fail to try and cover him? why line him up out wide all the time and let the other team use a corner?

Weird thing to do imo.
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mock has a strong backbone and is fairly realistic.. I know everyone has their preference so here's what I would do a little differently..

Like the trade Foster seems like a player that would be a Raider and I like the fact you went with a different player..

Engram I like and could get behind the pick and I agree he could be like Reed if your going to do this I'm 75% sure Matthews would be traded I know you didn't want to do a lot of trades but it could really strengthen our team and the mock.. We played Wisniewski starting money I think he ends up at C or LG..

I think you reached a little bit for Rivers hes a good player but this class is top heavy at EDGE I think one will slip and we could get a real stud..

Love the Wilson pick I compared him to WJ3 who went 1st round last year to the Bengals loved his closing spped as well..

Could see everything else happening and like the players you selected I'd give it a B with a couple trades of Matthews, Kendricks, and Kelce would trim some fat and you could add some more you'd talent..
Jeezla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Engram will struggle to separate vs nfl cb's. Obviously he tested through the roof and has the size advantage, but his route running is pretty pedestrian.
I like the rest of it though, and don't even necessarily dislike Engram, I just think he's more of a project before he can take take advantage of his physical gifts.
I'm still gonna mock Howard Wilson to us in the 3rd, but I could see him going in late round 2.
Not sure why anyone would panic over taking a DE. We need one. Everyone besides B Graham is a question mark at that position. Our 2nd round pick is going to be a great spot to take one, because the good ones won't be there when we're on the clock in the 3rd. There should still be good CB's available in the 3rd and 4th though.
I don't think Davenport makes it out of the 5th round because its such a average OT class after Ramczyk, Bolles, and Cam.
I don't know squat about Mack Hollins
DeCoud's finger swag looks pretty feminine to me. I'll pass on him.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda like it. Its a VERY similar mindset to where I was making my mock and you even added my current draft crush (Wilson).

I like the Engram pick....better as a TE. Don't get me wrong he's a great athlete and he's definitely going to play more of a receiver role than a blocker role wherever he gets drafted but I think he loses a lot of advantages (match-up, route running, etc.) if you ignore convention and stick him in the slot. I wouldn't mind taking him and working on converting him but I think in his first year he'd have much more success sticking with TE as he develops.

Rivers, Basham. I'm fine with either. Personally I think Basham will go before Rivers but we're essentially trying to accomplish the same thing with the picks. I like the fact that you picked a DE high.

I LOVE the Wilson pick. Yes, it may be a reach (I took him in the 4th in my draft last week and that might be a little low) and I hate the fact that we're going to be forced to start him day 1 on the outside because he does still need a little bit of work and is a little inexperienced. That said he fits the aggressiveness and physicality of Schwartz' scheme perfectly and his ceiling is through the roof.

Hunt is a great pick and a guy who can run between the tackles and also catch the ball. the extra second spent on a corner really gives you the versatility to take Hunt in the 3rd.

Anzalone....meh. He had a great Senior bowl but he's one of those guys that does everything well and nothing great. I think its a decent "AAAA" depth pick but I don't think he's someone you can really project as a starter.

Corn, hehe. I would have preferred someone with more size that needs to be developed rather than someone developed but undersized. That said he is aggressive and physical, hopefully the NFL doesn't break him.

I literally know nothing about Hollins. That said you could probably get the uninjured, sticky handed other UNC WR (Switzer) with this same pick. I'm guessing by the GIF that this guy would have projected as the "Jeffrey" to Switzer's "Smith" so with a floor of a special teams ace and a ceiling of a go-to #1 WR it seems like a solid lottery ticket.

Davenport is another good pick. Personally I think he's gone a round earlier but we're talking about the late rounds so who really knows. That said Davenport has prototypical left Tackle size and great athleticism but he's VERY raw and needs to work on technique and putting the whole package together.

Oh god, a 7th round finger wagger. Guess we know who our starter opposite Mills is next year. Laughing I wonder if he has any relation to the Cal Safety who probably isn't in the league anymore but was a hot pick on these boards about 5 years or so ago.

Overall I give it a B+, mostly because I think you got a little too cute with our first round pick and selected someone who I think will be more of a project than a player.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
Rivers, Basham. I'm fine with either. Personally I think Basham will go before Rivers

I think Rivers goes first. Could see him going as high as the Steelers first round pick.

Hockey5djh wrote:
That said he fits the aggressiveness and physicality of Schwartz' scheme perfectly and his ceiling is through the roof.

Is he a perfect fit? He rarely ever played press man in college. Can he do it? I don't know. That is a problem. He is best in zone imo where he is good at breaking on passes with his click and close ability. He has great movement skills and a my ball mentality. I definitely understand why you would like him after watching his tape, but I think he's better suited for a team that mainly runs zone like a Cover 3. I also think he could do well when we run Cover 2, but I think Schwartz wants to run more Cover 1 than anything. We did run quite a bit of Cover 2 last year, but I think we would run less if we had the talent to play more man coverage.

He also has a pretty slight frame. I think he needs to put on some weight or he'll get bullied by bigger receivers on the boundary. Also not sure about him turning and running downfield with receivers. I think his deep speed is so so.

Wilson would probably be put into the slot if we took him. I'm not sure about him there as he isn't really good against the run, but that is the story for most of this corner class. Laughing

Hockey5djh wrote:
Hunt is a great pick and a guy who can run between the tackles and also catch the ball. the extra second spent on a corner really gives you the versatility to take Hunt in the 3rd.

Completely agree here. Hunt is a beast on inside zone.

Hockey5djh wrote:
Oh god, a 7th round finger wagger. Guess we know who our starter opposite Mills is next year. Laughing I wonder if he has any relation to the Cal Safety who probably isn't in the league anymore but was a hot pick on these boards about 5 years or so ago.

They are cousins.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mock with a trade back...these are hard to judge imo

You're basically saying quantity over possible quality and then to top it off you threw a bunch of names that either A) haven't been linked to us or B) I haven't seen or done any follow-up on.

But its your ideal mock so

I like trading back and getting a 3 for 1, as in other mocks like this I don't know if the trade value is there.

I'm intrigued by the first two picks. The rest I'm not as big on.
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this mock a lot. It's different.

I think Engram is going to be really good... A Jordan Reed type with game breaking ability.

Hollins is a 4-year captain. Which is freaking impressive.

Love Rivers in a wide-9
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this mock more than most. Seems its geared more towards getting potential playmakers than stars which I really like.
magross

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this mock.

The trade back I'm 50/50 on but then going with engram who you will be able to get in the 2nd round is way to high of a reach for me.

All the other picks except corn elder I hate. Especially anzalone he's way too injury prone n he's not worth it. He barely showed any good flashes in film I watch. Just no on him.
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
You have Wilson over Conley? Whew...

I'll take another look at Wilson, but I didn't see that level of player and I don't see the fit with us either.

Will comment in more detail a little later when I have more time.

I don't have Wilson over Conley. I don't believe I stated that.
I do believe Wilson has a higher ceiling, the second highest to Lattimore.

In regards to value, I think Wilson offers more. I do not like Conley's physicality both in the run game and pass game.
Wilson would fit in any scheme. He has extremely loose hips to follow in man and I think the best burst in the class. He just needs to fill out and work on his ball tracking.
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
drafting evan engram to just use him as a slot receiver seems like a big waste of what you could do with him. I mean wouldnt you want to put him in situations where safeties and linebackers fail to try and cover him? why line him up out wide all the time and let the other team use a corner?

Weird thing to do imo.

You're a weird thing to do.
But you're right, maybe I emphasized the slot too much.
I do see Engram as playing a Reed role. Whether you want to call that a TE or not, he'd be playing close to the end of the line but off the line. This would match him up against either a linebacker or safety (athletically dominate them) or a slot corner (physically annihilate them).

If given the opportunity, aside from his injuries Reed is a 1st round talent. Why then is Engram not considered then?
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
This mock has a strong backbone and is fairly realistic.. I know everyone has their preference so here's what I would do a little differently..

Like the trade Foster seems like a player that would be a Raider and I like the fact you went with a different player..

Engram I like and could get behind the pick and I agree he could be like Reed if your going to do this I'm 75% sure Matthews would be traded I know you didn't want to do a lot of trades but it could really strengthen our team and the mock.. We played Wisniewski starting money I think he ends up at C or LG..

I think you reached a little bit for Rivers hes a good player but this class is top heavy at EDGE I think one will slip and we could get a real stud..

Love the Wilson pick I compared him to WJ3 who went 1st round last year to the Bengals loved his closing spped as well..

Could see everything else happening and like the players you selected I'd give it a B with a couple trades of Matthews, Kendricks, and Kelce would trim some fat and you could add some more you'd talent..

Rivers might be going in the 1st so I don't believe that's a reach at all. I have him above several "1st rounders." I also don't believe it's deep in the EDGE position although that may just be my evaluation of the class.

If you're looking for a comp, strictly based on burst I see quickness like Janoris Jenkins in Wilson.

Yea, I just didn't want to spend the time creating meaningless trades out of thin air. Thanks for the input

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: