You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Draft is gonna get crazy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neauone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: This Draft is gonna get crazy Reply with quote

After looking at the top of the draft order, out of the top 6 teams 4 maybe 5 need a QB.

Cleveland definately needs a QB, SF 49ER's , Chicago, the Jets.

Having looked at those teams, all have had talks at the Combine, Private workout, Pro days, and had private conversations with them.

Count it 4 different times for the top 4 QB's in this draft.

So what does it all mean?

It means Cleveland may be left out in the cold at 12, because there is a good posibility that both the 49ERs and Bears grab the top 2 at the position.

So where does that leave us?

We could be faced with having to pick Soloman or Fournette, or Allen.

If Soloman is there, you can't pass this guy by, this is the answer to our pass rusher we've been dying for the last decade.

Fournette would be hard to pass up too, so would all the Safeties and FS.

I'm just saying, you may see some crazy stuff come draft night, and some major surprises.
Rich51

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any of the teams ahead of us will take a QB. Cleveland has Kessler and shouldn't pass up Garrett. They could trade up or use the 12th or even 33rd pick to take one but maybe they will keep Osweiller to back up Kessler and wait on next year's class. SF has Hoyer and Barkley, I can see them taking a QB later on but I think they still have their eye on Cousins next year. Chicago just signed Glennon so I doubt they use their first on one- maybe their second. Jacksonville has Bortles who, although he regressed last year, might have shown enough two years ago to deserve a last look. Tennessee has Mariotta. Unless his injury is worst than expected, I don't think they would even think of taking a QB.

With Romo out of the picture, Houston might be looking for a QB but they draft too far back to make a move up ahead of us without a hefty cost. IMO teams that might take a QB in first are Cleveland, Houston, Pittsburgh and New Orleans. San Diego might try to move back up into the first if someone they like is on the board.

Also, my opinion is that Thomas is a 43 DE. He too small for a 34DE but even if he wasn't we're pretty crowded there anyway.
Revis4president

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post no one
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: This Draft is gonna get crazy Reply with quote

neauone wrote:
After looking at the top of the draft order, out of the top 6 teams 4 maybe 5 need a QB.

Cleveland definately needs a QB, SF 49ER's , Chicago, the Jets.

Having looked at those teams, all have had talks at the Combine, Private workout, Pro days, and had private conversations with them.

Count it 4 different times for the top 4 QB's in this draft.

So what does it all mean?

It means Cleveland may be left out in the cold at 12, because there is a good posibility that both the 49ERs and Bears grab the top 2 at the position.

So where does that leave us?

We could be faced with having to pick Soloman or Fournette, or Allen.

If Soloman is there, you can't pass this guy by, this is the answer to our pass rusher we've been dying for the last decade.

Fournette would be hard to pass up too, so would all the Safeties and FS.

I'm just saying, you may see some crazy stuff come draft night, and some major surprises.

I agree I really think it will be a crazy draft. With only 8 days before the draft I feel we will not have the six pick in the draft. It probably is the safest thing Mac can do is to trade back. He can get a extra second round pick, and that would take a lot of pressure off him. The problem is if we take the 6 pick, we don't pick again till # 39, and by then all the players that people have been talking about on their Mock drafts will be gone. Whether that is the right thing to do. at this point I am no sure. The best thing he can do is just sit tight and let other teams make us a offer. The only problem with this idea is we could miss out on a future superstar, with the 6th pick.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: