Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What will the Oline Look Like in 2018?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Nseke
Draft pick
Draft pick
Scherer
Mediocre free agent

Trent will be suspended and Moses will run away.
So, Spencer Long, Kouandijo and Moses will be gone? Highly unlikely

Moses is a free agent after this season. Are we going to franchise a RT? Well, maybe Allen is that stupid. But as of this past off-season, I dont count on anyone wanting to stay in DC.

As for Spencer Long, and Kouandijo, I only listed starters. They're depth fodder.

Spencer Long is one of the better young centers in football. I have no idea how you came up with "depth fodder" for him?

Because the only people that think he's good are Redskins fans and desperate sports writers
So what if Moses and Long are free agents next offseason?

That doesn't mean they won't be re-signed and won't be here long term. I think there's a clear difference between saying Long is "good or a sure thing" and thinking that guys like Long and Moses won't be starting in 2018.

I didn't say Moses won't be starting. I said he won't be starting here. Because I seriously doubt Allen will franchise him (what with Pryor on the team) and Allen has shown no ability to be halfway competent at anything associated with assembling an NFL foster. So more than likely, he'll lowball Moses, and Moses will decide to take his talents elsewhere.

You know what, Long probably starts next year. Mainly because Allen will screw up the draft and sign an, old washed up offensive lineman who will get injured in a preseason game.
And you just proved what I already knew you probably thought.

Somehow the Redskins and Allen will screw it up right?

I just don't see it. Allen has re-signed our own drafted and developed players when they've come up off their rookie deal, even Cousins has been franchised and kept, they just haven't worked out a long term deal yet. Allen drafted Long & Moses. I think he's going to make re-signing them a priority.

Just think about it, the Redskins re-signed Williams, Kerrigan & Reed because they earned it as proven starters and we have franchised Kirk twice because we want a long term deal but haven't been able to agree on one yet but at the same time, we certainly haven't let him walk.

If Long, Moses and even Breeland play well this year, I believe they'll all be back ok long term deals next year.

Even if we did lose Moses next year, I think Nsekhe will be retained and he'll be our starting RT. Either way I don't see the RT position taking a huge drop off next season and probably not for a while as I think the front office will make sure Moses will spend his career here.

If Pryor plays up to his ability this year and is our #1 wr, he'll be back at the least on the franchise tag, if not on a long term deal.

I know people don't like to hear it, but the 2014 draft was one of our best in recent years and we picked up a few good vets that helped us win the NFCE in 2015.

I have a hard time believing people can be totally disappointed in this year's free agent class, particularly after we just signed Zach Brown. So, to me, Allen, Williams, Campbell, Santos and Gruden are building a competent roster and it may end up being better than last year's roster when it's all said and done. We haven't even hit the draft yet and I'd say our offense is about equal - maybe even better because we have bigger redzone targets - and our DL is at worst a push, we have a huge upgrade at ILB and our starters at S are upgraded over those we've had the last several years and we haven't even had the draft yet.

When you really analyze and break down what has happened, we have been upgraded and the draft hasn't even happened and we haven't overpaid for any player at all. To me, that's a good job by our front office.

I get people not liking Bruce Allen, I think the guy is an idiot at PR and is not a great personnel guy but I think we have other guys and Gruden who know what they are doing personnel wise and Schaffer and Allen are good at being frugal and not wasting $ on a free agent that doesn't fit our scheme or paying an aging guy that you paying for what they've done in the past and not what they're going to do in the future. We are paying the we players we are because we believe they are going to get even better, which, is what we should be doing and we are still building though the draft which is what we should be doing.

The McCloughan firing still upsets everyone, everyone wishes he was still here but he's not. If we pay attention to what's happening since then with our offseason, we should see some competent moves.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is is screwing it up if the player doesn't want to re-sign unless it's a massive over pay? Moses Will sign elsewhere if he doesn't get franchised unless the Redskins overpay.

Allen is scum. He is the Bannon to Snyder's Donald Trump.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Is is screwing it up if the player doesn't want to re-sign unless it's a massive over pay? Moses Will sign elsewhere if he doesn't get franchised unless the Redskins overpay.

Laughing Whatever, we could re-sign Long and Moses on reasonable deals for their positions right now if we wanted to but we want to make them prove they're worth the $ first. If we do lose them, they can be replaced through the draft as well. I think they'll be back and in Redskins uniforms for the next 4 or 5 years but if they're not, I feel they can be replaced by someone else. We are talking about the guys in the front office that found them both through the draft, they can surely find their replacements as well.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

Laughing Whatever, we could re-sign Long and Moses on reasonable deals for their positions right now if we wanted to but we want to make them prove they're worth the $ first. If we do lose them, they can be replaced through the draft as well. I think they'll be back and in Redskins uniforms for the next 4 or 5 years but if they're not, I feel they can be replaced by someone else. We are talking about the guys in the front office that found them both through the draft, they can surely find their replacements as well.
Bruce Allen is a piece of crap, and the fact that you support him makes me question everything else you post.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Slateman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

Not if they don't want to be here
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of curiosity, what has anyone seen from Kouandjio that says he's ready to start long term for the Redskins? Remember, he's been a backup to Shawn Lauvao his entire career. Lauvao is a guy we all believe probably could be upgraded (and should be).

Long could probably be kept at a reasonable deal if he wants to re-sign. Moses is going to be the risk.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Out of curiosity, what has anyone seen from Kouandjio that says he's ready to start long term for the Redskins? Remember, he's been a backup to Shawn Lauvao his entire career. Lauvao is a guy we all believe probably could be upgraded (and should be).

Long could probably be kept at a reasonable deal if he wants to re-sign. Moses is going to be the risk.

Isn't Virginia the area Moses grew up in? It's a small help to us signing him long term, but it's better than nothing. Worked for Zach Brown.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Woz wrote:

Isn't Virginia the area Moses grew up in? It's a small help to us signing him long term, but it's better than nothing. Worked for Zach Brown.

He was born in Richmond. So, maybe that works for us. The draft and summer negotiations with Cousins might tip against us.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

Bruce Allen is a piece of crap, and the fact that you support him makes me question everything else you post.
So... you don't like the Zach Brown signing now? How about the Terrelle Pryor signing? How about the Swearinger signing?

I'm not supporting Bruce Allen, my post in reference to the "football guys" still in the organization - Doug Williams, Scott Campbell, Santos, Gruden, Manusky, Tomsula etc. - those are the guys I think that Bruce Allen listens to. I don't think Allen is doing the scouting work or the film work, that's the football guys who are doing that work.

turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:

Kouandijo played average, sometimes better when he had to play last year. Yes, it was vs the Browns, but he did play well in that game and helped open up holes for Matt Jones in that game. The Browns did have Danny Shelton. He also had to play some vs the Lions when Scherff got hurt and had some mixed results but he wasn't a dumpster fire. Then, he started vs Philly in week 14 and he played well in that game also. I have confidence that Kouandjio could start. I actually have more confidence in him than Lauvao and I think most would agree.

http://m.redskins.com/news/article-1/Arie-Kouandjio-Makes-A-Big-Impression-In-First-NFL-Start/f1f16ea3-87eb-4aed-80d3-69d0a29161fd

Quote:
"My feeling going into the first play was pretty calm, kind of just focused on execution and stuff like that," Kouandjio said after the game. "I've done this many times before. This is my first time playing in the NFL with the highest possible caliber people. I've been playing this game for about 10 years and I've been blessed with that and I just try to do my job."

While doing his job, he contributed to the most effective running attack the Redskins have had this season. The team finished with 145 yards on the ground, 117 of which went to Matt Jonesin his best performance of the season by a significant margin.

"That was frickin awesome. Matt did a great job," Kouandjio said. "It's an awesome thing to see whenever you're finishing up on your block and you look up and Matt is down the field, making moves on the secondary and stuff like that. It's awesome, very happy for him and I'm very proud."

A lot of that success started with the offensive line and the performance they were able to put on. Not only was the run game the most effective it has been this year, but Kirk Cousins also had more time to step back and allow his receivers to get open.

Kouandjio was successful at holding his blocks as he faced a powerful Browns defense, especially gifted nose tackle Danny Shelton.

"I love that kind of competition," Kouandjio said of Shelton. "I love to be able to go against somebody that's big and strong, that's really gifted. That was really fun to do."

Part of what helped him against the effective defensive line was the work he has put into improving his hands, an area he felt was a weakness of his during his first NFL season. But now, after more than a season of waiting for his opportunity to prove what he can do, Kouandjio took advantage of his moment and shined.

"I just got done talking to [Kouandjio] and I had to tell him, 'Great job,' because he wasn't nervous and he went out there and did what he did," Jones said. "And a couple of my runs, actually seeing him set the edge for me and kind of get up on guys at the second level and I just tell him, 'Keep up the great job, man.' I give the whole offensive line credit. But Arie did a great job for his first NFL start."

Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
lavar703

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:

And how often has this team left a back up on the bench to keep playing a terrible starter throughout the years? Come on Woz, you know this team does things the hard way.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Woz wrote:

And how often has this team left a back up on the bench to keep playing a terrible starter throughout the years? Come on Woz, you know this team does things the hard way.
All teams do this, not just the Redskins. I can't tell you how many times I've heard Redskins fans and Steelers fans make the same complaints on this very issue. I chalk it up to this; a below average starter is still probably better than your best reserve at a position. Then, you have to factor in that your veteran may not be as physically gifted, but he knows all the plays and never makes mistakes when a play is called and to coshes that means a lot. So if the ability level is about the same, you'd go with the veteran over the young player as a coach because you can trust the veteran more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: