You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What will the Oline Look Like in 2018?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: What will the Oline Look Like in 2018? Reply with quote

I think most of us were generally happy with how the Oline performed last year, at least in pass protection, but there are a lot of question marks after this season.

LT - Trent Williams, Ty Nsekhe

Williams isn't a free agent until 2021. He'll likely be the starter for many more years.

Nsekhe will turn 32 in October and is on a 1-year deal. Its very likely we will have to find a replacement backup swing tackle. Its possible he lasts another few years but if he keeps up the level of play he had this past year I expect another team to pay him more than we are willing for a backup.

LG - Shawn Lauvao, Arie Kouandjio

Lauvao is on the last year of his deal and I doubt he'll be on the Redskins roster in 2018.

Kouandjio will still have 1 year left of his rookie deal in 2018, so at worst he'll remain as the primary LG backup.

C - Spencer Long, ?

Spencer Long is on the last year of his rookie deal this year and would have to be extended to be here in 2018. I'm assuming his play this year will dictate how those negotiations go, but honestly I would lean towards letting him walk. His play isn't up to the level where I don't think it would be easy to replace him.

If Spencer Long got hurt this year who is going to play Center? If Spencer Long leaves in 2018 who is going to play Center?

RG - Brandon Scherff, ?

He's still on his rookie deal through 2019, he isn't going anywhere.

I'm assuming if Scherff went down this year Kouandjio would step in at RG. But an interior backup that could play either G or C appears to be a big need.

RT - Morgan Moses, ?

Moses is on the last year of his rookie deal this year, and based on his play this past season my guess is we'll extend him to remain our starting RT in future years.

I'm assuming Nsekhe or Scherff would step in this year if Moses went down, but in 2018 if Nsekhe is gone it really shows the need for a backup swing tackle.

So the biggest glaring issue is LG, but the looming free agency of Spencer Long and Morgan Moses throws a wrinkle into 2018. I'm not sure we can afford to pay Long and Moses big money to retain them since we are already paying Trent Williams so much. Also remember 2019 for Brandon Scherff is his 5th year option, which could sky rocket his cap to $10+ mil. Moses to me is the harder to replace, so getting a quality interior lineman in this draft that can take over the LG or C spot in 2018 seems to be a huge priority.

My 2018 Oline prediction:

LT - Trent Williams
LG - 2018 draft pick
C - 2017 draft pick
RG - Brandon Scherff
RT - Morgan Moses

I think we'll draft Spencer Long's replacement this year, limp along with Lauvao/Kouandjio this season and then draft a new starting LG next year.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Jeezy Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sig by Mike23md

"Don't need the accolades, just need the acknowledgement"
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Select David Njoku, convert him to OT?

turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2018 Redskins OL

LT: Trent Williams, Ty Nsekhe
LG: Kouandijo, 2017 draft pick, free agent or Ronald Patrick
C: Long, 2017 or 18 draft pick or free agent
RG: Scherff, #
RT: Moses, Painter

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be the same with the exception of Arie taking over at LG.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
That is quite optimistic.

Slateman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nseke
Draft pick
Draft pick
Scherer
Mediocre free agent

Trent will be suspended and Moses will run away.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
As for starters, I think this is correct.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Nseke
Draft pick
Draft pick
Scherer
Mediocre free agent

So, Spencer Long, Kouandijo and Moses will be gone? Highly unlikely

Slateman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Nseke
Draft pick
Draft pick
Scherer
Mediocre free agent

Moses is a free agent after this season. Are we going to franchise a RT? Well, maybe Allen is that stupid. But as of this past off-season, I dont count on anyone wanting to stay in DC.

As for Spencer Long, and Kouandijo, I only listed starters. They're depth fodder.
lavar703

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Nseke
Draft pick
Draft pick
Scherer
Mediocre free agent

Moses is a free agent after this season. Are we going to franchise a RT? Well, maybe Allen is that stupid. But as of this past off-season, I dont count on anyone wanting to stay in DC.

As for Spencer Long, and Kouandijo, I only listed starters. They're depth fodder.

Spencer Long is one of the better young centers in football. I have no idea how you came up with "depth fodder" for him?
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Nseke
Draft pick
Draft pick
Scherer
Mediocre free agent

Spencer Long is one of the better young centers in football. I have no idea how you came up with "depth fodder" for him?
He needs to prove he can play well consistently and for a longer period of time before I'm convinced on Long.

Slateman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Nseke
Draft pick
Draft pick
Scherer
Mediocre free agent

Because the only people that think he's good are Redskins fans and desperate sports writers
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Nseke
Draft pick
Draft pick
Scherer
Mediocre free agent

Because the only people that think he's good are Redskins fans and desperate sports writers
So what if Moses and Long are free agents next offseason?

That doesn't mean they won't be re-signed and won't be here long term. I think there's a clear difference between saying Long is "good or a sure thing" and thinking that guys like Long and Moses won't be starting in 2018.

Long was a better than average starter at center last year and it was his first year starting at center. Presumably he will get better while he plays the center position this entire season and gets all the first team reps this offseason.

It's much more likely that our starting OL in 2018 will be made up of players current on the roster:

Williams
Kouandijo
Long
Scherff
Moses

Than any of those players not being on the team in 2018. I think to have a different opion is just someone being pessimistic just to be pessimistic because somehow they believe the Redskins will screw it up or whatever.

Slateman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Nseke
Draft pick
Draft pick
Scherer
Mediocre free agent

So what if Moses and Long are free agents next offseason?

That doesn't mean they won't be re-signed and won't be here long term. I think there's a clear difference between saying Long is "good or a sure thing" and thinking that guys like Long and Moses won't be starting in 2018.

I didn't say Moses won't be starting. I said he won't be starting here. Because I seriously doubt Allen will franchise him (what with Pryor on the team) and Allen has shown no ability to be halfway competent at anything associated with assembling an NFL foster. So more than likely, he'll lowball Moses, and Moses will decide to take his talents elsewhere.

You know what, Long probably starts next year. Mainly because Allen will screw up the draft and sign an, old washed up offensive lineman who will get injured in a preseason game.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: