Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RamPackFan's weekly Mock-up (04/06/2017)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: RamPackFan's weekly Mock-up (04/06/2017) Reply with quote

2017 LOS ANGELES RAMS MOCK DRAFT

*This is more or less what I would like to see happen while trying to stay as realistic as possible, based off of overall rankings and rounds at which they're drafted based upon other mock drafts (avgs) around the Web. Always looking forward to the feedback and comments Smile

2.) EVAN ENGRAM - TE/MISSISSIPPI
2nd Round, Pick # 5 (#37 overall)

6'3" / 234 lb / 4.42 - 40yd / first-team All-SEC & All-American / 65rec 926 yds 8tds / two-time team captain.

I would love for this guy to land in our laps at this spot. I have a feeling either Zay Jones OR Engram will be available for us at #37 and I think we're going to look for offensive weapons for Goff with this pick. If Goff is going to have any chance at bouncing back after a horrible rookie performance the Rams MUST draft some talent on the offensive side of the ball that will support him. Engram does just that....he is a monster and will create mismatches all day long for defenses. This speed and athleticism as well as football IQ are a rare combination to come by. If this draft wasn't so deep in other areas as well as TE's, Engram would be an easy 1st rounder. This is a no brainer pick if he's available, IMHO.

3.) AHKELLO WITHERSPOON - CB/COLORADO
3rd Round, Pick #5 (#68 overall)

6'3" / 198 lbs / 4.45 - 40yd / Second-team All-Pac-12 / 23 passes defensed on the year (one INT, 22 PBU)

It's quite obvious we have a need at corner and by not drafting one in the first 4 rounds would be a mistake in such an attractive CB class. We pick #5 in the 3rd round and I do think it's totally realistic for Ahkello to be available at this spot, 68th player overall. As I mentioned above this is a deep class and if you do the math and look at other mock drafts there is a ton of talent with the first 125-150 picks. Ahkello has the ability to be a starter day one with his rare combination of size and speed.

4.) RASUL DOUGLAS - CB/WEST VIRGINIA

4th Round, Pick #5 (112overall)

6'2" / 209 lbs / 4.59 - 40yd / First-team All-Big 12 selection / led the nation with 8 ints (along with 70 tackles, 3.5 for loss, and eight pass breakups) in 2016

Rasul could be a bit of a project but has big upside with his athleticism and playmaking abilities. Deep corner class this year and we double up and add some depth to a no longer glaring need. Many scouts believe he's a "boom or bust" type of guy....a bit raw and needs some work in areas, this is why I have him going in the early 4th.

4.) CHAD HANSEN - WR/CALIFORNIA
4th Round, Pick #34 (#141 overall)

6'2" / 202 lb / 4.53 - 40yd / Second-Team All-Pac12 / 92rec 1,249yds and 11tds

This pick makes a lot of sense to me and I think this is a steal of a pick. He's been in most mocks as a late 3rd or late 4th round pick...even early 5th on some. Depending on the "need" many other WR's are ranked above him and with as much depth as there is at other positions it's realistic to see Chad drafted somewhere in the 4th round, this pick could very well be interchangeable with the Rasul Douglas pick above. Chad has incredible hands and has the size and speed to create separation and make the plays we have been deprived of over the past few years. Not only that Chad and Jared are very familiar with one another. Suddenly our offensive weapons don't look so "blah" ( Austin, Woods, Higbee, Engram, and now Hansen ) I like the look of that! With all that speed we could bring the greatest show on turf to SoCal!

5.) ERIK MAGNUSON - OT/MICHIGAN
5th Round, Pick #5 (#149 overall)

6'6" / 305 lbs / First-Team All-Big Ten

Erik can play RT, C, and Guard. Can instantly make an impact to our line and adds some depth, just what we need.

6.) VINCE BIEGEL - LB/WYOMING
6th Round, Pick #5 (#189 overall)

6'3" / 246 lbs / Despite being limited for multiple games, missing two, with a broken foot, Biegel was a second-team All-Big Ten performer in 2016 (six TFL, four sacks)

I have Vince going anywhere from the 4th to the 6th round and from what I've been seeing on most mocks he's a solid 5th or 6th round prospect. I like this kid's ability and physical toughness. He reminds me of another Bryce Hagar, if you will. Lots of similarities who can contribute and add depth.

6.) JOSH AUGUSTA - DT/MISSOURI
6th Round, Pick #22 (#206 overall)

6/4" / 300 lbs / Career stats of 23 tackles, four for loss, and 1 sack

I'm taking a page from other people's previous mocks with this pick. We could use a disruptive NT and Josh can be just that IF he can keep his health under control. I think this is a realistic and safe pick at this spot. He's someone with great upside and the risk isn't too bad at this point.

7.) JAY GUILLERMO, C/CLEMSON
7th Round, Pick #16 (#234 overall)

6'3" / 298 / 1st Team All-ACC

Adding depth behind newly signed Sullivan.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, but not sure back to back CBs will be something thatll happen. Also doubt Hansen falls that far.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any mock that gives us Evan Engram I like. Also agree back to back CB's is a stretch, but possible. Not a fan of Hansen in the 4th. Would like a more of a high risk/high reward WR in the 4th if possible ( small school or off field issues).
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
I like it, but not sure back to back CBs will be something thatll happen. Also doubt Hansen falls that far.

Thanks for your feedback, dude! Yea, I was wanting to do a different look with CB's back to back. I'm not really trying to predict as much as I am trying to draw up a draft that I would like to see happen. With Joyner moving to FS and Trumaine still not locked into a "long-term deal" thus far, I was thinking with such a deep/talented CB class may as well take full advantage of it. This gives us depth and if we decide to keep Tru on a 1 yr deal then we have back up options for next? I knew some would think Hansen may go before #112 or #141 ( as I said before Chad Hansen at #112 and Douglas at #141 could be interchangeable) so it wouldn't be necessarily "back-to-back" CB picks Wink...but I get what you're saying. I think it all depends on who you have ranked above Hansen and what type of player you're trying to fit your type of "need." I don't think it's too unrealistic for Hansen to be picked the after the first 100-110 picks, it's a deep class in other areas which could be of benefit for us.

Last edited by RamPackFan on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
Any mock that gives us Evan Engram I like. Also agree back to back CB's is a stretch, but possible. Not a fan of Hansen in the 4th. Would like a more of a high risk/high reward WR in the 4th if possible ( small school or off field issues).

Hansen is that guy, IMO....but without the baggage and risk. If he weren't white you could pretty much guarantee he would be a lock in the 2nd round. I think you could easily compare him to Jordy Nelson, but faster. Great hands, consistent, reliable, and can stretch the field.....did I mention great hands?
Car_Ramrod

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my favorite mock yet. With us keeping Trumaine I don't see us taking back to back CBS.

Kromer also has great success with late round linemen.

2016 Adopt a Ram, Mark Barron OLB

TKL:108 FF:1 INT:2 SCK:1 TFL:5

"That's some 7-9 BS."
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Car_Ramrod wrote:
This is my favorite mock yet. With us keeping Trumaine I don't see us taking back to back CBS.

Kromer also has great success with late round linemen.
The one year of Trumaine Johnson is not going to affect our draft plans in the 3rd and 4th round this year.

Those are guys who we plan on producing for the next 4+ years. Not to mention in todays game you just cant have enough good CBs on the roster.
Tano

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Mock

Only thing I would change is if Roullier is available in Round 5 - I would take him instead.

I would like a more pure center than the guy you are taking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: