You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

5 Three round draft scenario (no trade down)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't follow the draft too much but I would love to root for a player named Raekwon. His parents know what's up Cool

Thanks to Jgoldiscool on the sig!
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
I don't follow the draft too much but I would love to root for a player named Raekwon. His parents know what's up Cool

You're only saying that because your name is Raekwon!!

I love rooting for names. I loved it when the Panthers got a Captain (Munnerlin), a Duke, and I don't remember what else. They should have drafted King Dunlap, that would have kept up with the theme.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Psychlone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

I love rooting for names. I loved it when the Panthers got a Captain (Munnerlin), a Duke, and I don't remember what else. They should have drafted King Dunlap, that would have kept up with the theme.

We still have our own "royalty" representative in Prince Charles Iworah. And only in our forum do we have a mock draft guru who first introduced the importance of royal lineage as an important variable in determining draft selections... Winning! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
I don't follow the draft too much but I would love to root for a player named Raekwon. His parents know what's up 8)

We still have our own "royalty" representative in Prince Charles Iworah. And only in our forum do we have a mock draft guru who first introduced the importance of royal lineage as an important variable in determining draft selections... Winning! :wink:

The real question is where is Raekwon from..what neighborhood....and how many reps did he put up.....that's the real info we need to know.

xsaMainevent on the sig
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

We still have our own "royalty" representative in Prince Charles Iworah. And only in our forum do we have a mock draft guru who first introduced the importance of royal lineage as an important variable in determining draft selections... Winning! Wink

The real question is where is Raekwon from..what neighborhood....and how many reps did he put up.....that's the real info we need to know.

One could only hope he'd be a niner... to the end.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to vote for scenario 1 over the rest.

IMO, you are getting a top 5 running back... a first rd LB.. and a 2nd rd CB.

I doubt that any of the potential QBs after rd 2 (maybe even in the first 2 rds) would really be the permanent answer.. so I'm fine with no selected QB until 2018.

scenario 1 for me..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Elflein! We need Elflein. Really.

Another reason to like the mock Forge mentioned. Although I'm not *that* high on Zay Jones, everything else is really nice, fan of Anderson there too.
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AustrianNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Elflein! We need Elflein. Really.

Another reason to like the mock Forge mentioned. Although I'm not *that* high on Zay Jones, everything else is really nice, fan of Anderson there too.

I'm not first round pick high on Jones, but middle-late second on Jones (I traded down in the second) I was fairly happy with. I admittedly had a tough time between he and Godwin (who I took with the Rams pick a few selections later)

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Forge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally finished my latest mock with the 49ers that I previously mentioned and here is where it finished:

(1)Jamal Adams, LSU - S
(2)Zay Jones, ECU - WR
(3)Pat Eflin, C/G - OSU
(3)Ryan Anderson LB - Ala
(4)Jeremy McNichols, RB - Boise
(4)Eric Saubert, TE - Drake
(5)Elijah Lee, LB - KSU
(6)Ejuan Price, EDGE - Pitt
(6)Levon Myers, OT - NIU
(7)Chad Williams, WR - Grambling

Price is a bit twitchy, and I'm hoping he could progress into the LEO position. Myers is the type of late round tackle development prospect I Like - quick on his feet, good fit for our scheme, but has to work on some other things. I'd rather take projects with good feet that need to work on other aspects than take prospects with bad feet. I knew I wanted to go wide receiver at the last pick just because there was some good value left - Shelton Gibson, Josh Malone, and Williams were all available. Unfortunately, i missed my pick because I was busy and one of the guys picking behind me grabbed Malone right before I could get it in, so I took Williams. Obviously, the Brock mess happened after we started this, so corner wasn't as big of an issue at the time. That being said, with the addition of Adams, you can play Reid / Adams back there, keep Ward at corner, and I think it'd be okay

The other noticeable thing is the lack of quarterback. Wasn't opposed to drafting one, as I have taken one in all of the others, but none of the ones I wanted fell to a place I wanted to take, and every time I picked I had very specific players in mind (plus, some picks I had to make on the fly while out and about, and didn't always get to do a full review on who was available). I don't think that a lack of quarterback is the worst thing - sure, I'd like a developmental guy, but I'm pretty much all in on a QB next year, so I don't mind not having one this year.

FWIW, I did the mock for the entire NFC west, here were my drafts for the other teams:

Rams

(2) Chris Godwin
(3)Jourdan Lewis
(3) Dorian Johnson
)4) George Kittle
(4) Tyler Orlosky
(5) Isaiah Ford
(6) Jalen Reeves Maybin
(7) Avery Gennesy

Cards

(1) Ruben Foster
(1) Patrick Mahomes
(4) Jeremy Cutrer
(5) Ishmael Zamora
(5) JJ Dielman
(6) Brian Allen
(7) I'Tavius Mathers

Seahawks

(1) Garrett Boles
(2) Chidobe Awuzie
(3) Dalvin Tomlinson
(3) Bucky Hodges
(4) Daeshon Hall
(6) Jake Elliot

**Also acquired Jason Kelce from the Eagles

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Finally finished my latest mock with the 49ers that I previously mentioned and here is where it finished:

(1)Jamal Adams, LSU - S
(2)Zay Jones, ECU - WR
(3)Pat Eflin, C/G - OSU
(3)Ryan Anderson LB - Ala
(4)Jeremy McNichols, RB - Boise
(4)Eric Saubert, TE - Drake
(5)Elijah Lee, LB - KSU
(6)Ejuan Price, EDGE - Pitt
(6)Levon Myers, OT - NIU
(7)Chad Williams, WR - Grambling

Price is a bit twitchy, and I'm hoping he could progress into the LEO position. Myers is the type of late round tackle development prospect I Like - quick on his feet, good fit for our scheme, but has to work on some other things. I'd rather take projects with good feet that need to work on other aspects than take prospects with bad feet. I knew I wanted to go wide receiver at the last pick just because there was some good value left - Shelton Gibson, Josh Malone, and Williams were all available. Unfortunately, i missed my pick because I was busy and one of the guys picking behind me grabbed Malone right before I could get it in, so I took Williams. Obviously, the Brock mess happened after we started this, so corner wasn't as big of an issue at the time. That being said, with the addition of Adams, you can play Reid / Adams back there, keep Ward at corner, and I think it'd be okay

The other noticeable thing is the lack of quarterback. Wasn't opposed to drafting one, as I have taken one in all of the others, but none of the ones I wanted fell to a place I wanted to take, and every time I picked I had very specific players in mind (plus, some picks I had to make on the fly while out and about, and didn't always get to do a full review on who was available). I don't think that a lack of quarterback is the worst thing - sure, I'd like a developmental guy, but I'm pretty much all in on a QB next year, so I don't mind not having one this year.

FWIW, I did the mock for the entire NFC west, here were my drafts for the other teams:

Rams

(2) Chris Godwin
(3)Jourdan Lewis
(3) Dorian Johnson
)4) George Kittle
(4) Tyler Orlosky
(5) Isaiah Ford
(6) Jalen Reeves Maybin
(7) Avery Gennesy

Cards

(1) Ruben Foster
(1) Patrick Mahomes
(4) Jeremy Cutrer
(5) Ishmael Zamora
(5) JJ Dielman
(6) Brian Allen
(7) I'Tavius Mathers

Seahawks

(1) Garrett Boles
(2) Chidobe Awuzie
(3) Dalvin Tomlinson
(3) Bucky Hodges
(4) Daeshon Hall
(6) Jake Elliot

**Also acquired Jason Kelce from the Eagles

I don't know some of those lower round guys, but would be thrilled with all the guys you rounded up for us in the first 5 rounds.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: