Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

5 Three round draft scenario (no trade down)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dppowell31

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: 5 Three round draft scenario (no trade down) Reply with quote

49ers
Scenario 1
Rd 1: Leonard Fournette RB LSU
Rd 2: Jarrad Davis LB UF
Rd 3: Cordrea Tankersley CB CLEM

Scenario 2
Rd 1: Rueben Foster LB BAMA
Rd 2: Deshone Kizer QB ND
Rd 3: Carl Lawson DE AUB

Scenario 3
Rd 1: Malik Hooker S OSU
Rd 2: TJ Watt LB WISC
Rd 3: JuJu Smith-Schuster WR USC

Scenario 4
Rd 1: Deshaun Watson QB CLEM
Rd 2: Quincy Wilson CB UF
Rd 3: Alex Anzalone LB UF

Scenario 5
Rd 1: Solomon Thomas DE STAN
Rd 2: Raekwon McMillan LB OSU
Rd 3: Brad Kaaya QB MIA

These are 3 round scenarios that I think are realistic for the 49ers that I like. Which one do you think is best and which one is most realistic? ALSO GIVE ME SOME REALISTIC SCENARIOS YOU MIGHT HAVE. Feedback is great btw I like all of these scenarios.
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scenario 3, followed by 5 then 2. Want nothing to do with 4, pretty meh on 1.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rank them

2 - Lawson is a stud, super underrated and Kizer in rd 2 is solid, and Foster is a monster.
1 - LF i'm cool with, Davis is a great pick in rd 2, and Tankersley is a very physical lengthy CB.
3 - Hooker and JuJu have great potential and Watt is solid but he's there with McMillan for me.
5 - Thomas and McMillan could work but I like others ahead of them, Kayya is a great rd. 3 option.

4 - Not a fan of Watson, QW is okay but theres equal value CBs in rd 3, Anzalone is the best of the 3 but he's got injury flags.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
I'd rank them

2 - Lawson is a stud, super underrated and Kizer in rd 2 is solid, and Foster is a monster.
1 - LF i'm cool with, Davis is a great pick in rd 2, and Tankersley is a very physical lengthy CB.
3 - Hooker and JuJu have great potential and Watt is solid but he's there with McMillan for me.
5 - Thomas and McMillan could work but I like others ahead of them, Kayya is a great rd. 3 option.

4 - Not a fan of Watson, QW is okay but theres equal value CBs in rd 3, Anzalone is the best of the 3 but he's got injury flags.

Thanks for the feedback, yeah I agree with you with 4, reaching on that rd 1 QB does significantly drop the value of the 3 rd mock. What is a realistic 3 rd you would suggest?
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dppowell31 wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
I'd rank them

Thanks for the feedback, yeah I agree with you with 4, reaching on that rd 1 QB does significantly drop the value of the 3 rd mock. What is a realistic 3 rd you would suggest?

Its hard to say whats realistic with this draft as the gap between late 1st rd prospects and early 3rd rd prospects is sooo slim. Of the players in the rounds you suggested and assuming we dont trade anyone on our current roster like Armstead or Reid/Tartt, I like: Foster, Kizer, Lawson.

I think Lawson gets picked in the 1st though he's really good.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could like 5, 3 and possibly 2...1 & 4 I would not care for at all.
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
dppowell31 wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
I'd rank them

Its hard to say whats realistic with this draft as the gap between late 1st rd prospects and early 3rd rd prospects is sooo slim. Of the players in the rounds you suggested and assuming we dont trade anyone on our current roster like Armstead or Reid/Tartt, I like: Foster, Kizer, Lawson.

I think Lawson gets picked in the 1st though he's really good.

I'm surprised you're so high on Lawson. I'd be floored if he goes in the first round. I have him pegged for going in the third.

48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Lawson has a lot of those physical traits that I like in an edge rusher, and the production to go with it. There are certainly flaws in his game, but good coaching and development could turn him into a star. Injuries are a concern, and an overall lack of aggressiveness is something I've seen but that can be a number of things. I can see him there in the 3rd but dont be surprised when he's gone late 1st.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
I think Lawson has a lot of those physical traits that I like in an edge rusher, and the production to go with it. There are certainly flaws in his game, but good coaching and development could turn him into a star. Injuries are a concern, and an overall lack of aggressiveness is something I've seen but that can be a number of things. I can see him there in the 3rd but dont be surprised when he's gone late 1st.

Lawson reminds me of Eli Harold as far as how he is perceived in this draft, some people saw Harold at the end of the 1st but ended up going in the 3rd, I think Lawson could be that guy, I could see the Steelers take him as early as the 30th pick but I think he is more likely to go 2nd or 3rd round
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 and 4 are definite "nos" for me. 1 would not thrill me but I think the guys are good so I'm Ok with that one. The only ones I like are 3 and 5.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about halfway done working on a 7 round mock draft and for our first 3 picks I have Jamal Adams, Dalvin Cook, Carlos Henderson so that'd probably be my dream scenario.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
I'm about halfway done working on a 7 round mock draft and for our first 3 picks I have Jamal Adams, Dalvin Cook, Carlos Henderson so that'd probably be my dream scenario.

I'm not huge on Henderson, but I like the first two.

I've been pretty pleased with a few of my mocks for the 49ers...not so sure about the most recent. I went way off in a different sort of direction and I'm sort of meh on the results thus far with a few more picks to go.

I too took Adams, then got Zay Jones after a trade down in the second round, Ryan Anderson, Pat Elfein, Jeremy McNichols, Eric Saubert and Elijah Lee thus far.

Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

I've been pretty pleased with a few of my mocks for the 49ers...not so sure about the most recent. I went way off in a different sort of direction and I'm sort of meh on the results thus far with a few more picks to go.

I too took Adams, then got Zay Jones after a trade down in the second round, Ryan Anderson, Pat Elfein, Jeremy McNichols, Eric Saubert and Elijah Lee thus far.

That would be an amazing draft right there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

I'm not high on Henderson either. I still think Kupp will be there at the top of the third and I think he'd be a great pick at that spot. Smith-Shuster might even be there, or maybe Samuel. If not one of them then there are positions I'd take rather than take Henderson.

Forge - like your draft. So, you decided to go with a db instead of Thomas, and it looks like Adams won out in your decision about best pick other than Garrett. By the way it occurred to me after I read your post yesterday that I think Lattimore is the equal of Adams and Hooker. So if I'm going db then for me I have three guys to think about. Do I want a potential shut-down corner? A deep safety with range and hands rarely seen? Or a safety who might be just as good in coverage but probably better playing in the box, and maybe a better leader? Hard call.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Forge wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

I'm not high on Henderson either. I still think Kupp will be there at the top of the third and I think he'd be a great pick at that spot. Smith-Shuster might even be there, or maybe Samuel. If not one of them then there are positions I'd take rather than take Henderson.

Forge - like your draft. So, you decided to go with a db instead of Thomas, and it looks like Adams won out in your decision about best pick other than Garrett. By the way it occurred to me after I read your post yesterday that I think Lattimore is the equal of Adams and Hooker. So if I'm going db then for me I have three guys to think about. Do I want a potential shut-down corner? A deep safety with range and hands rarely seen? Or a safety who might be just as good in coverage but probably better playing in the box, and maybe a better leader? Hard call.

Yeah, those three were the ones I had locked in on because I had done Allen much earlier in the draft and Thomas in the last one. For some reason, I just felt Adams was the pick to make over the other two. Can't explain it. Really is such a razor thing wire separating them

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: