Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Penguins Playoff Thread : [Enter Injured Name Here]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stefan52268


Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Posts: 7329
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Pens now up 2-0 after going into Washington and taking both games.

MAF has been outstanding. Crosby has been excellent on both ends of the ice to no one's surprise.


This win tonight. Going up 2-0 in Washington made me forget about the long snapper pick in the 6th for a bit.lol

Seriously great win tonight. Fleury was amazing!!!

LET'S GO PENS!!!
_________________

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 11283
Location: 5 wins, PA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Pens now up 2-0 after going into Washington and taking both games.

MAF has been outstanding. Crosby has been excellent on both ends of the ice to no one's surprise.


This win tonight. Going up 2-0 in Washington made me forget about the long snapper pick in the 6th for a bit.lol

Seriously great win tonight. Fleury was amazing!!!

LET'S GO PENS!!!


Same here. lol
_________________


Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 11705
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to look too far ahead or assume too much, but...

I think the Caps are done. 0-2 going into Pitt.

I talked to a few Caps fans and they are hanging their heads low after that last game.

Holtby getting yanked...

I don't know what the Caps have to hold on to.


But then again I said the same thing a few years ago against the Rangers....
_________________


GaTechRavens wrote:
Let's not be blinded by a flashy stat without taking a deep look at the context behind it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 11283
Location: 5 wins, PA
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the big news is Crosby getting knocked out of the game. The Pens score two goals with the goalie pulled only for Daley to commit a penalty in which the Caps eventually scored on and win the game 3-2 in overtime. The refs were a joke in the game. Didn't call Ovie for slashing Sid which caused him to go off balance in the first place. Didn't call Orpik for crosschecking Malkin. And didn't call Johannson for closing the glove on the puck prior to Daley committing the penalty on him. But hey the Pens get all the calls from what I've been told.

Still they had a heck of a comeback. I was disappointed with how they came out for OT. Hopefully Sid will be back sooner than later. Sheary was also hurt too. Got to win Game 4.
_________________


Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 11283
Location: 5 wins, PA
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Sid and Sheary have concussions.

Mission accomplished Caps for taking out Sid.
_________________


Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 11705
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta overcome. I forget which Cup it was, but Adam Graves slashed Lemieux and broke his hand.

Pens continued on.
_________________


GaTechRavens wrote:
Let's not be blinded by a flashy stat without taking a deep look at the context behind it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 11283
Location: 5 wins, PA
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
Gotta overcome. I forget which Cup it was, but Adam Graves slashed Lemieux and broke his hand.

Pens continued on.


Yup, it was their second Cup. They prevailed over that dirty and intentional slash. Do the same now.
_________________


Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steeler Hitman


Joined: 25 Apr 2006
Posts: 1763
Location: Laurel, MD
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look at tonight's game as a must win for then Pens for a few reasons:

1. You can't afford to let the Caps back in it with momentum, going back home and no Sidney Crosby. It can turn the tide the like Rangers did a few years back. If they come back from 0-2 and tie it up, they have their confidence and swagger back. Can't let that happen. They are too talented a team.

2. Need to send a strong message back to the Capitols that you can't get away with hurting our Captain!!!! Got to play physical, punishing, aggressive and offensive tonight.

3. With another loss at the hands of the Pens, it will probably have a "Here we go again losing to the Pens affect on the Caps."

They have to find a way to win it.
_________________
"Being a Steeler fan starts when the sperm meets the egg!" -- Unknown Steeler Fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 11283
Location: 5 wins, PA
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steeler Hitman wrote:
I look at tonight's game as a must win for then Pens for a few reasons:

1. You can't afford to let the Caps back in it with momentum, going back home and no Sidney Crosby. It can turn the tide the like Rangers did a few years back. If they come back from 0-2 and tie it up, they have their confidence and swagger back. Can't let that happen. They are too talented a team.

2. Need to send a strong message back to the Capitols that you can't get away with hurting our Captain!!!! Got to play physical, punishing, aggressive and offensive tonight.

3. With another loss at the hands of the Pens, it will probably have a "Here we go again losing to the Pens affect on the Caps."

They have to find a way to win it.


Definitely a big game. The Caps barely won despite Crosby and Sheary out. I don't agree with them playing physical though. That's not their style. They lost the Flyers and Bruins in the playoffs because they tried to play that way even though it played into the hands of those teams. They need to play the same way they have under Sullivan with skill and speed and agressiveness which you mentioned. It will be a tough game but under Sullivan they have more heart and determination than they have in years.
_________________


Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steeler Hitman


Joined: 25 Apr 2006
Posts: 1763
Location: Laurel, MD
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Steeler Hitman wrote:
I look at tonight's game as a must win for then Pens for a few reasons:

1. You can't afford to let the Caps back in it with momentum, going back home and no Sidney Crosby. It can turn the tide the like Rangers did a few years back. If they come back from 0-2 and tie it up, they have their confidence and swagger back. Can't let that happen. They are too talented a team.

2. Need to send a strong message back to the Capitols that you can't get away with hurting our Captain!!!! Got to play physical, punishing, aggressive and offensive tonight.

3. With another loss at the hands of the Pens, it will probably have a "Here we go again losing to the Pens affect on the Caps."

They have to find a way to win it.


Definitely a big game. The Caps barely won despite Crosby and Sheary out. I don't agree with them playing physical though. That's not their style. They lost the Flyers and Bruins in the playoffs because they tried to play that way even though it played into the hands of those teams. They need to play the same way they have under Sullivan with skill and speed and agressiveness which you mentioned. It will be a tough game but under Sullivan they have more heart and determination than they have in years.


I agree with what you are saying. I used the word physical, but really meant heart, intensity and hustle. I think they have to match the intensity of the Caps. I believe the Pens are the better team, but we know how much emotion and momentum can change things.
_________________
"Being a Steeler fan starts when the sperm meets the egg!" -- Unknown Steeler Fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 11283
Location: 5 wins, PA
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steeler Hitman wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Steeler Hitman wrote:
I look at tonight's game as a must win for then Pens for a few reasons:

1. You can't afford to let the Caps back in it with momentum, going back home and no Sidney Crosby. It can turn the tide the like Rangers did a few years back. If they come back from 0-2 and tie it up, they have their confidence and swagger back. Can't let that happen. They are too talented a team.

2. Need to send a strong message back to the Capitols that you can't get away with hurting our Captain!!!! Got to play physical, punishing, aggressive and offensive tonight.

3. With another loss at the hands of the Pens, it will probably have a "Here we go again losing to the Pens affect on the Caps."

They have to find a way to win it.


Definitely a big game. The Caps barely won despite Crosby and Sheary out. I don't agree with them playing physical though. That's not their style. They lost the Flyers and Bruins in the playoffs because they tried to play that way even though it played into the hands of those teams. They need to play the same way they have under Sullivan with skill and speed and agressiveness which you mentioned. It will be a tough game but under Sullivan they have more heart and determination than they have in years.


I agree with what you are saying. I used the word physical, but really meant heart, intensity and hustle. I think they have to match the intensity of the Caps. I believe the Pens are the better team, but we know how much emotion and momentum can change things.


I gotcha and I definitely agree. The Caps escaped with a win in Game 3. Get this one to keep that home ice advantage and to force the Caps to the brink of elimination. MAF has been playing very well.
_________________


Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 11283
Location: 5 wins, PA
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a gutsy performance by the Pens tonight. They really needed to win tonight and did just that. The Caps took it to them but it was important for the Pens to score first. Then they capitalized on the PP to win it 3-2. Just one more win to dispose of that pathetic franchise.
_________________


Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 11283
Location: 5 wins, PA
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarrassing performance tonight. Wow.
_________________


Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 11705
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gawd...here we go...game 7.

We should not be here.

Better get our act together or it's a total collapse.
_________________


GaTechRavens wrote:
Let's not be blinded by a flashy stat without taking a deep look at the context behind it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DR43


Joined: 05 Sep 2012
Posts: 515
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did it!!! On to the next round!

The Penguins are 9 out of 10 against the Caps in the playoffs.

The Pens are to the Caps as the Patriots are to the Steelers.
_________________
Feel the Burns!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group