Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The One Move
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Offensive lineman anywhere before the 5th round.

It's the one group where we have depth and the draft does not.

Agreed, but this would be #2 for me.

If we don't draft Myles at #1 I'm done. We did not suffer through last year only to pass on a HOF caliber talent.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drafting a RB in round one.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Marky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drafting Deshaun Watson at any point before the 3rd round.

Passing on Mahomes, Adams or Hooker for any QB, OL or TE not named Howard.

PSN- NewDayRocks4
Student @ smww.com
Scout for the funz of it
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we take Watson at 1 I'm going to be inconsolable. If we take anyone other than Garrett I'm going to be pissed. If we trade down from 1 I'm going to be pissed.

Vince Lombardi
shoffma1999

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we take anyone other than Myles Garrett at #1, or trade the #1 pick away for anything less than a king's ransom or someone like Andrew Luck.

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
CBrownsman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what everyone else is saying is the Obvious choice.
If we don't take Garrett at #1 I will be mad as hell (only way i'm okay with it is if we get a boatload of picks for #1 overall) But god help me if we take anyone other than Garrett at #1...

If I was going for the less obvious answer, i think there are SOOOOO many talented Safeties, Cornerbacks, and TE's in this draft, all of which we could use, i think we could get 5 legit players with our first 5 picks, it would upset me a decent amount if we traded up a ton to get rid of them or if we traded them away for Jimmy G.
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Passing on Garrett.
2. Taking a WR or OL in the first 3 rounds.

I'm pretty cool with everything else.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DizzyDean"]the worst, overdrafting a QB in round 1.

Followed closely by yours, we need major help in the secondary.

From round 1 and 2 I want Garrett, and with 12, hopefully either Howard, Adams, or Hooker. If all are gone, then the top CB on the board.

Then in round 2, it all depends on who we get at 12. If we get Howard I want the best safety and CB we can get in 2, if we get S at 12, the best TE and CB, if we get CB, the best TE and S.

Those are the 4 positions I want to lock down in round 2.[/quote

Agree, although I would extend QB overdraft to include round 2.

That's the only way we get Garrett, another potential stud at #12 and the other two pieces that have not been acquired.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently I am in the minority here. but I will be upset if this regime doesn't continue to make the smart decisions they made last year in building the team from the ground up, by being willing to deal any and/or every pick when the value makes sense. This includes #1 overall. Clowney was the consensus #1 pick in 2014. Yet Khalil Mack, Aaron Donald, CJ Mosley, Ryan Shazier all first round defensive players in that class, have outperformed him in the three seasons they have been in the league. One great player doesn't make a team great. There is so much talent in the top of this draft class, that if I can get 2-3 players in that group by trading #1, and get a high draft pick next year, I am taking that deal and being very happy with it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
apparently I am in the minority here. but I will be upset if this regime doesn't continue to make the smart decisions they made last year in building the team from the ground up, by being willing to deal any and/or every pick when the value makes sense. This includes #1 overall. Clowney was the consensus #1 pick in 2014. Yet Khalil Mack, Aaron Donald, CJ Mosley, Ryan Shazier all first round defensive players in that class, have outperformed him in the three seasons they have been in the league. One great player doesn't make a team great. There is so much talent in the top of this draft class, that if I can get 2-3 players in that group by trading #1, and get a high draft pick next year, I am taking that deal and being very happy with it.

I'm with ya.

It would take a really good deal as I like Garrett, but everything has a price.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
bruceb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:

I'm with ya.

It would take a really good deal as I like Garrett, but everything has a price.

Me, too.

If this happened and we gained another 2018 1st we would be positioned to get just about any QB we would want.
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Drafting a RB in round one.

That was my #2. I hate the fact that I have heard Dalvin Cook to the Browns at #12 rumors.

Im starting to warm up to the idea of Williams/Davis at #12 but Im not completely sold yet. I just want defense. The thing is 1 of Foster/Allen/Conley WILL be there when we pick at 12. Just take one of them--I dont care what one just take one.

If one of those guys is there at 12 and we take Dalvin Cook or OJ Howard I will vomit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

If we don't draft Myles at #1 I'm done. We did not suffer through last year only to pass on a HOF caliber talent.

I refuse to believe that is even a possibility. Probability of drafting OL before the late rounds is much higher, so more worrisome to me.
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

I refuse to believe that is even a possibility. Probability of drafting OL before the late rounds is much higher, so more worrisome to me.

Meh, the offensive line thing is actually a good thing. Even if we spend a 4th on one of them. You have to have a strong point of your team and something to build around. Having young talent behind a very good line around will be very beneficial if injuries mount and god forbid one of them gets traded.

With Joe Thomas getting up there in age and question marks still at RT with Paztor not yet being locked up--I wouldnt mind at all if they drafted a high upside Tackle in the 4th to push Coleman and be Joe Thomas insurance. You want to build a strength and back it up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

Meh, the offensive line thing is actually a good thing. Even if we spend a 4th on one of them. You have to have a strong point of your team and something to build around. Having young talent behind a very good line around will be very beneficial if injuries mount and god forbid one of them gets traded.

With Joe Thomas getting up there in age and question marks still at RT with Paztor not yet being locked up--I wouldnt mind at all if they drafted a high upside Tackle in the 4th to push Coleman and be Joe Thomas insurance. You want to build a strength and back it up.

Maybe next year, when Greco is gone and we know more about Coleman and Drango.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: