Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The One Move
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AkronsWitness


Joined: 17 Jul 2015
Posts: 1623
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: The One Move Reply with quote

We have been talking about everything good and who everybody wants in the first 4 rounds here for a while. I wanted to take a step in the other direction for a change. Some know this as a Browns Move or a Trying To Be Smarter Than Everybody Else Move.

So I will ask: What is the one move in this draft that will make you lose your mind if the Browns do it? This could be anything from a player selected you hate because of overratedness or scheme fit, to passing on Player X in the 2nd round for Player Y and even digging into drafting certain position groups early you dont see the need for.

For example. Mine would have to be NOT winding up with a starting safety AND a starting cornerback after the 2nd round is over. To me, it is (outside of QB) the most glaring need on the whole team and I honestly wouldnt be too upset if the only player we added to the front 7 was Garrett. I think the front 7 with him can hold their own.

Whats yours?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DizzyDean


Joined: 09 Mar 2017
Posts: 949
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the worst, overdrafting a QB in round 1.

Followed closely by yours, we need major help in the secondary.

From round 1 and 2 I want Garrett, and with 12, hopefully either Howard, Adams, or Hooker. If all are gone, then the top CB on the board.

Then in round 2, it all depends on who we get at 12. If we get Howard I want the best safety and CB we can get in 2, if we get S at 12, the best TE and CB, if we get CB, the best TE and S.

Those are the 4 positions I want to lock down in round 2.
_________________
But wait! There's more!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AkronsWitness


Joined: 17 Jul 2015
Posts: 1623
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea but I can just see the Browns going off the reservation and trading both 2nds to move up to #3 and draft whatever QB they like. That would be.....Brownsian
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NudeTayne


Joined: 12 Apr 2016
Posts: 402
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: The One Move Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
We have been talking about everything good and who everybody wants in the first 4 rounds here for a while. I wanted to take a step in the other direction for a change. Some know this as a Browns Move or a Trying To Be Smarter Than Everybody Else Move.

So I will ask: What is the one move in this draft that will make you lose your mind if the Browns do it? This could be anything from a player selected you hate because of overratedness or scheme fit, to passing on Player X in the 2nd round for Player Y and even digging into drafting certain position groups early you dont see the need for.

For example. Mine would have to be NOT winding up with a starting safety AND a starting cornerback after the 2nd round is over. To me, it is (outside of QB) the most glaring need on the whole team and I honestly wouldnt be too upset if the only player we added to the front 7 was Garrett. I think the front 7 with him can hold their own.

Whats yours?


Due to CB depth, I would have to say that I would not lose my mind if we selected at least one safety (two would be alright if the player value is there) and waited til #65 to grab our first CB (that said, I WOULD like to select two CBs in this draft).
_________________
ditchdigger wrote:
*Zayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NudeTayne


Joined: 12 Apr 2016
Posts: 402
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, I would lose my mind if Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker went pick 9, 10 or 11 & we didn't trade up for one with a 4th or so. I'd be pissed. Then we'd grab Forrest Lamp to play RT & the forum would have to go into offline mode for a bit.

Funny enough, I actually (assuming we've seen enough of Shon Coleman for whatever reason & have decided he's for sure a miss) would be totally fine with Forrest Lamp to play RT; it'd just be pandemonium Razz. FWIW, Jack Conklin was mostly considered a 15-20 range & then surprisingly went 8th & has thus far been arguably the best OL taken in the draft. Taylor Decker was supposed to be a late 1st-mid 2nd & went 20th to the Lions. He also looks like he is going to be very good. I give up Very Happy.
_________________
ditchdigger wrote:
*Zayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 15233
Location: West Virginia Occupation: Browns LT
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the thread title. Brings back bad memories. Pretty much any sentence with the word 'move' in it still bothers me.
_________________
Bonanza23 wrote:
1st off Thomas is a man!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DizzyDean


Joined: 09 Mar 2017
Posts: 949
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
Yea but I can just see the Browns going off the reservation and trading both 2nds to move up to #3 and draft whatever QB they like. That would be.....Brownsian


Well the hope is that our team's braintrust is smart enough to not do that for an inferior QB prospect. Drafting one at 12 would be terrible, trading up from 12 to draft one, unthinkable.
_________________
But wait! There's more!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 28481
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna go with NOT drafting Garrett 1st overall Laughing

Also, drafting Davis Webb in the first 3 picks. I just don't like him.
_________________

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MWil23


Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Posts: 6421
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Not drafting anyone but Miles Garrett #1 overall

2. Drafting Kizer or Mahommes in the 1st round

3. Taking a project QB in the 2nd or 3rd. How many times are we going to go down the Charlie Frye/Luke McCown/Colt McCoy road? I won't be furious after the 2nd but I'll be irked. I will be angry if we get about the 5th best QB in the draft in Round 2. If someone like Watson/Trub falls to the 2nd, I'd pull the trigger.

4. Getting pennies on the dollar in any type of trade down scenario. If we're going to trade down, we'd better get a LOT in return or else it's pointless.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaWg_LB.


Joined: 02 Dec 2005
Posts: 6179
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading Pick 1 for anything other than something other than a kings ransom (3 1rst's + 3 2nd's)

Not drafting Miles Garret or Mitchell Turbinsky #1

Trading Anything other than a 3rd + conditional 2018 draft pick (5th upgradable to a 2nd) for the patriots backup qb.

Drafting someone other than Mitchell Turbinsky if he's avaliable at 12 (I DONT CARE WHO is on the board).

Trading Josh Gordon's rights for what equates to a bag of magic beans and a 6 pack of RC cola.

Not seeing MasterCheddar say "That is All" at least once in/about round one, and at least one other time during the next two days of the draft Very Happy
_________________
-A team is built through the Draft.

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sdrawkcab321


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 35483
Location: Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone including OP understands the phrase ONE move Laughing


I guess mine would be trading the first pick for a package of other picks. We need to start accumulating the best talent possible. Not the most players possible.
_________________
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
sdraw was right.


2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 19796
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offensive lineman anywhere before the 5th round.

It's the one group where we have depth and the draft does not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
poorbytehshore


Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Posts: 3744
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading away Garrett/taking a QB in round 1.

If I had to choose one it would be passing on Garrett being the worst. Because I could live with a trade up for Trubisky at the back end of the first if they had to do it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EL Brownso


Joined: 14 Nov 2009
Posts: 1635
Location: Alamogordo, NM
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not taking the obvious blue chipper #1 overall. If they try to outsmart themselves and we miss a generational type talent.

I'll be fairly upset, then I will put on my rose colored glasses and explain to myself why it was a good move and have faith again. Because I am clinically insane and think every front office is going to fix this sinking ship.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mastercheddaar


Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Posts: 5454
Location: Northeast Ohio.. Obviously
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: hmmmm Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
the worst, overdrafting a QB in round 1.

Followed closely by yours, we need major help in the secondary.

From round 1 and 2 I want Garrett, and with 12, hopefully either Howard, Adams, or Hooker. If all are gone, then the top CB on the board.

Then in round 2, it all depends on who we get at 12. If we get Howard I want the best safety and CB we can get in 2, if we get S at 12, the best TE and CB, if we get CB, the best TE and S.

Those are the 4 positions I want to lock down in round 2.


This is where we shift. I'm all for BPA (minus QB) at 12. There are sooo many DBs in this draft and we have 2 2nds for them. Baker, Tabor, Obi M(don't ask me to spell it), King to name a few. Better to sit and wait for one than stretch at 12.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
_________________
For those that don't know:
NFL - AFC Browns, NFC Eagles
Basket Ball - Cavs
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group