You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I must've been taking crazy pills, but (Nassib convo)...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Might we already have two potential all-pros at DE in Garrett & Nassib?
Die in a fire
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
If we don't end up with Garrett...*clenches fists & vein pops out of neck*
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
I will agree with anything you say if it means we take Kizer #1 -b_m
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
I know no one will trade up with us so not worth talking about -eeyore69
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
wwhd
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Stupid stupid stupid!
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
I have all these emotions. Which do I listen to?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
I don't have an issue with the question, Nassib progressing cannot be ruled out. Who's to say he doesn't progress into the next Jared Allen (Highly unlikely but still a possibility).

I'd rather have an abundance of elite rushers than not having any.

Worked for the Giants in their first recent SB run.....as I remember the rest of that team was quite mediocre...but Strahan, umenyiora, Tuck, Kiwanuka....

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Let's say you're right, which is a huge stretch. Nassib has not shown any indication that he can stay healthy. He was hurt his first year and lone year as a starter for PSU and was hurt last year.

I agree that his injuries are a concern (but possibly the only concern, not his actual talent?). I'll play the rhetoric game a bit here (to a bit ad absurdum, of course): would it be worth grabbing Forrest Lamp at #12 because he is both position-flexible & that it's better to have him because Bitonio can't seem to stay healthy? Should we draft a CB to take Haden's position over some other less valuable positions (TE/RB/3rd LB) because "Joe can't be depended on anymore to stay healthy"? Maybe the answer to both of these questions is yes, actually. And maybe it's still not exactly a perfect parallel. I admit, it did cook my brain putting those questions together Razz.

Here's why your logic is bad:

1. We gave Bitonio a huge extension.
2. I suggested Haden be cut.
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Let's say you're right, which is a huge stretch. Nassib has not shown any indication that he can stay healthy. He was hurt his first year and lone year as a starter for PSU and was hurt last year.

I agree that his injuries are a concern (but possibly the only concern, not his actual talent?). I'll play the rhetoric game a bit here (to a bit ad absurdum, of course): would it be worth grabbing Forrest Lamp at #12 because he is both position-flexible & that it's better to have him because Bitonio can't seem to stay healthy? Should we draft a CB to take Haden's position over some other less valuable positions (TE/RB/3rd LB) because "Joe can't be depended on anymore to stay healthy"? Maybe the answer to both of these questions is yes, actually. And maybe it's still not exactly a perfect parallel. I admit, it did cook my brain putting those questions together Razz.

Here's why your logic is bad:

1. We gave Bitonio a huge extension.
2. I suggested Haden be cut.

lol agreed. I was just seeing if I could find a parallel logic line--couldn't really Very Happy.

ditchdigger wrote:
DGB thinks people ought to pay for photobucket, but Based Gordon wants it to be free.

Thomas5737 wrote:
I only come here to sit under the quote trees and read.
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
I like the concept of Flooding two of our positions and turning them into super powers...I think drafting garret gives us a DE rotation of Garret and Ogbah..Nassib as the main rotation guy, Tyrone Holmes and (hopefully they move him back) Nate Orchard at DE....thats a NICE rotation for Greg Williams, to work with....

I also wouldn't mind seeing us doing something like taking Engram and then grabbing the kid from Ashland on day two/3 of the draft...or taking a couple kids in the middle rounds like and grabbing 2 of the 3 combo of George Kittle, Bucky Hodges and Jordan Leggett.....or waiting till day 3 and grab say a Jonu Smith and Jeremy Sprinkle.....or last but not least....we've made some trades and have more late day 3 picks because we moved our middle rounds picks to move up to get elite talent and got 6th-7th round picks back as change....grab 2 of 3 combo platter of Eric Saubert, Tyrone Swoopes, Antony Auclair and Pharaoh Brown....moving Randle Telfer to FB...(This is the strongest class of TE's I have EVER seen in the draft)

We could rush the passer and give our young QB an elite group of Intermediate/Short range targets....

Agree with all of this; if we make some small trade downs (or of course everyone's dream to trade down to pick 19-25ish to grab an extra 2nd etc.), there most likely will be guys we're seeing as 2nd-3rd round value still there in the 5th.

ditchdigger wrote:
DGB thinks people ought to pay for photobucket, but Based Gordon wants it to be free.

Thomas5737 wrote:
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelbot wrote:
I like the idea of a 4 man pass rush line of Garrett, Bryant, Nassib, and Ogbah. Collins blitzing the A gap. I think Cooper could be an effective interior rusher, too.

I'm glad I put this topic up--feeling much better about the idea of having them all on the field together in pass rush situations especially. Maybe I'll be surprised as well and see our base formation often using Nassib/Ogbah interchangeably at LE/UT depending on situation. We haven't really seen either do much interior pass rush, but that doesn't mean that they can't, both sitting in that 275ish range right now as far as I know.

Draft...hurry.

ditchdigger wrote:

Thomas5737 wrote:
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:
I like the concept of Flooding two of our positions and turning them into super powers...I think drafting garret gives us a DE rotation of Garret and Ogbah..Nassib as the main rotation guy, Tyrone Holmes and (hopefully they move him back) Nate Orchard at DE....thats a NICE rotation for Greg Williams, to work with....

I also wouldn't mind seeing us doing something like taking Engram and then grabbing the kid from Ashland on day two/3 of the draft...or taking a couple kids in the middle rounds like and grabbing 2 of the 3 combo of George Kittle, Bucky Hodges and Jordan Leggett.....or waiting till day 3 and grab say a Jonu Smith and Jeremy Sprinkle.....or last but not least....we've made some trades and have more late day 3 picks because we moved our middle rounds picks to move up to get elite talent and got 6th-7th round picks back as change....grab 2 of 3 combo platter of Eric Saubert, Tyrone Swoopes, Antony Auclair and Pharaoh Brown....moving Randle Telfer to FB...(This is the strongest class of TE's I have EVER seen in the draft)

We could rush the passer and give our young QB an elite group of Intermediate/Short range targets....

Agree with all of this; if we make some small trade downs (or of course everyone's dream to trade down to pick 19-25ish to grab an extra 2nd etc.), there most likely will be guys we're seeing as 2nd-3rd round value still there in the 5th.

It's not my dream! Don't try to be cute with the draft, draft the stud at 12. It's time to stop Julio jonesing ourself on draft day.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

If Garrett is NOT the pick (after all the footage on him and prodays, combines etc.) then this FO is stupid. Take him. No one will complain. If he busts, no one will laugh. Every single Gm in the league would draft him if they were at #1. Barring super trade (Multiple firsts second and thirds from 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020) we are taking Garrett and NOT looking back.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:

EXACTLY my man!!!

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are in no position to cut Haden. He is not the player that he once was, and its highly unlikely that he ever will be. Our secondary is so bad right now that we simply can not cut a player of his caliber.
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NudeTayne wrote:
kelbot wrote:
I like the idea of a 4 man pass rush line of Garrett, Bryant, Nassib, and Ogbah. Collins blitzing the A gap. I think Cooper could be an effective interior rusher, too.

I'm glad I put this topic up--feeling much better about the idea of having them all on the field together in pass rush situations especially. Maybe I'll be surprised as well and see our base formation often using Nassib/Ogbah interchangeably at LE/UT depending on situation. We haven't really seen either do much interior pass rush, but that doesn't mean that they can't, both sitting in that 275ish range right now as far as I know.

Draft...hurry.

Your username is phenomenal. I love that sketch.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
NudeTayne wrote:
kelbot wrote:

Draft...hurry.

Your username is phenomenal. I love that sketch.

I had given up hope that Browns fans still know how to laugh. For the others to join our turning Cleveland back to a place that sees in color: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHWBEK8w_YY

ditchdigger wrote:

Thomas5737 wrote:
dawgdish

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Nassib's cieling is to develop into a Jabal Sheard level contributor, which I'd be plenty happy with, but Miles can definitely be that all pro.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: