You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles trade for DT Timmy Jernigan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 33730
Location: Hashtag BirdCity
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleBlueDon wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Eagle dude just got roasted by Flacco. Looks like you shouldn't talk without knowing what the heck you're talking about. Teams don't just get rid of great players for barely anything, so obviously Jernigan was some flaws. With that said, I think he's better suited for a 4-3, so nice depth for the eagles.
Nobody in their right minds would rather have moved up from 99 to 74 over Timmy Jernigan. Start a poll if you'd like. Then we'll see who's roasted.


You were roasted considering what you claimed we were doing.

Moving up 25 spots at those positions is equivalent to a late 3rd/early 4th round pick value. That's precisely the value most of us expected. Your claim that we were simply sour on the player solely because we traded them was proven unequivocally false. We were talking about how inconsistent he is, how much he disappears and how most of us would like to get the value for him now rather than keeping him another year just to lose him in FA. Just take the L and move on, bud.
I don't consider our defensive line getting stronger "taking an L", bud. Our DL got significantly better with this trade. After losing Bennie Logan in FA, we needed this. He's an upgrade even on Bennie, especially in an attacking 4-3. I'll take my chances on a highly rated PFF player who is 24 years old with 13 career sacks compiled from a two-gap scheme. Don't worry bro, I'm sure your 25 spot upgrade in the 3rd round will keep you up smiling the night before day 2 of the draft. It'll be like Ralphie on Christmas Eve.


I'm not talking about the Eagles taking an L bud, I'm talking about your ignorant assumption on what we were saying about Jernigan Laughing

You decided to just assume that we were saying Jernigan was inconsistent and we were ok with the value purely because we were losing him where the reality was that, as I proved with the posts from 3/24, we were saying those things WHILE HE WAS STILL A RAVEN. You were proven wrong, you were shown to be making ignorant assumptions and you now look silly for doing so.

Like I've said multiple times (which apparently you haven't read either)... I hope he works out well for Philly. I like the guy. Showed flashes while he was here and he's a former Seminole. But the reality is, he's a guy who was incredibly inconsistent for us and would disappear far too often for our liking. Instead of keeping him for 1 more year and losing him in 2018, we got fair value for him now so that we can look for a slightly more talented player at #74 for 4 years than we likely would have had available at #99.
_________________


[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Axiomatic52


Joined: 29 Jan 2016
Posts: 126
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleBlueDon wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Eagle dude just got roasted by Flacco. Looks like you shouldn't talk without knowing what the heck you're talking about. Teams don't just get rid of great players for barely anything, so obviously Jernigan was some flaws. With that said, I think he's better suited for a 4-3, so nice depth for the eagles.
Nobody in their right minds would rather have moved up from 99 to 74 over Timmy Jernigan. Start a poll if you'd like. Then we'll see who's roasted.


You were roasted considering what you claimed we were doing.

Moving up 25 spots at those positions is equivalent to a late 3rd/early 4th round pick value. That's precisely the value most of us expected. Your claim that we were simply sour on the player solely because we traded them was proven unequivocally false. We were talking about how inconsistent he is, how much he disappears and how most of us would like to get the value for him now rather than keeping him another year just to lose him in FA. Just take the L and move on, bud.
I don't consider our defensive line getting stronger "taking an L", bud. Our DL got significantly better with this trade. After losing Bennie Logan in FA, we needed this. He's an upgrade even on Bennie, especially in an attacking 4-3. I'll take my chances on a highly rated PFF player who is 24 years old with 13 career sacks compiled from a two-gap scheme. Don't worry bro, I'm sure your 25 spot upgrade in the 3rd round will keep you up smiling the night before day 2 of the draft. It'll be like Ralphie on Christmas Eve.


We will definitely be looking back at this trade for years to come. The trade that finally pushed the Eagles over the top and get them their first ring! Great move, bro. Don't mind the Ravens fans here, they are jealous bro
_________________
I back the blue
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oregon Ducks


Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 20802
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol this dude...better than Logan... Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
EagleBlueDon


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 1158
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
EagleBlueDon wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Eagle dude just got roasted by Flacco. Looks like you shouldn't talk without knowing what the heck you're talking about. Teams don't just get rid of great players for barely anything, so obviously Jernigan was some flaws. With that said, I think he's better suited for a 4-3, so nice depth for the eagles.
Nobody in their right minds would rather have moved up from 99 to 74 over Timmy Jernigan. Start a poll if you'd like. Then we'll see who's roasted.


You were roasted considering what you claimed we were doing.

Moving up 25 spots at those positions is equivalent to a late 3rd/early 4th round pick value. That's precisely the value most of us expected. Your claim that we were simply sour on the player solely because we traded them was proven unequivocally false. We were talking about how inconsistent he is, how much he disappears and how most of us would like to get the value for him now rather than keeping him another year just to lose him in FA. Just take the L and move on, bud.
I don't consider our defensive line getting stronger "taking an L", bud. Our DL got significantly better with this trade. After losing Bennie Logan in FA, we needed this. He's an upgrade even on Bennie, especially in an attacking 4-3. I'll take my chances on a highly rated PFF player who is 24 years old with 13 career sacks compiled from a two-gap scheme. Don't worry bro, I'm sure your 25 spot upgrade in the 3rd round will keep you up smiling the night before day 2 of the draft. It'll be like Ralphie on Christmas Eve.


I'm not talking about the Eagles taking an L bud, I'm talking about your ignorant assumption on what we were saying about Jernigan Laughing

You decided to just assume that we were saying Jernigan was inconsistent and we were ok with the value purely because we were losing him where the reality was that, as I proved with the posts from 3/24, we were saying those things WHILE HE WAS STILL A RAVEN. You were proven wrong, you were shown to be making ignorant assumptions and you now look silly for doing so.

Like I've said multiple times (which apparently you haven't read either)... I hope he works out well for Philly. I like the guy. Showed flashes while he was here and he's a former Seminole. But the reality is, he's a guy who was incredibly inconsistent for us and would disappear far too often for our liking. Instead of keeping him for 1 more year and losing him in 2018, we got fair value for him now so that we can look for a slightly more talented player at #74 for 4 years than we likely would have had available at #99.
I feel like you take this forum stuff a bit too seriously my man. Being made to "Look silly", or getting "roasted" are things I'd expect to hear from some loser who has over 33,000 posts on an onine forum lmao. I digress. Do you not realize the dude put up monster stats for what he was asked to do? Do you understand what the responsibility of a 2 gapping DT is? He put up 13 sacks in 3 years when his primary responsibility was to eat up blocks. He's an elite run defender according to the most renowned analytic teams. He's 24, still on his rookie deal. He's allowed to show flashes of inconsistency. Especially when they're outshined by flashes of greatness. Nobody is expecting Warren Sapp bro.
_________________
Respect is not given, it is earned. --Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EagleBlueDon


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 1158
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
lol this dude...better than Logan... Laughing
I'm sorry, did I miss something here?
_________________
Respect is not given, it is earned. --Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 11998
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleBlueDon wrote:
I feel like you take this forum stuff a bit too seriously my man. Being made to "Look silly", or getting "roasted" are things I'd expect to hear from some loser who has over 33,000 posts on an onine forum lmao.


Typical roastee sentiment.

EagleBlueDon wrote:
Do you understand what the responsibility of a 2 gapping DT is?


I don't know if Timmy Jernigan does. The whole point is that he didn't fill the 2-gap role very well, hence not being a good scheme fit in Baltimore.

EagleBlueDon wrote:
He's an elite run defender according to the most renowned analytic teams.


PFF Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaBoys


Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 8293
Location: Not a fan of Linehan.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better than Logan!? foh

I'm so glad that dude is gone from the East.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 33730
Location: Hashtag BirdCity
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleBlueDon wrote:
I feel like you take this forum stuff a bit too seriously my man. Being made to "Look silly", or getting "roasted" are things I'd expect to hear from some loser who has over 33,000 posts on an onine forum lmao. I digress.


Says the guy who instantly got defensive after proven wrong Laughing I'd "digress" if I were you too, bud.
Quote:

Do you not realize the dude put up monster stats for what he was asked to do? Do you understand what the responsibility of a 2 gapping DT is? He put up 13 sacks in 3 years when his primary responsibility was to eat up blocks.


Except that wasn't his role. His role was to be disruptive in the backfield.

Quote:
He's an elite run defender according to the most renowned analytic teams.


He's not. At all, really. But I'd love to see a link to these stats.

Quote:
He's 24, still on his rookie deal. He's allowed to show flashes of inconsistency. Especially when they're outshined by flashes of greatness.


I don't disagree that he's allowed to be inconsistent. That's. What. We've. Been. Saying. The difference here, however, is that they HAVEN'T been outshined by flashes of greatness. It's not even close. For every game he's flashed he's been invisible for double. Again, like we've been saying all along. It's clear that you want to think you got yourself a steal. I hope you guys did. But it's not based on his track record thus far.

Quote:
Nobody is expecting Warren Sapp bro.


I would surely hope not.
_________________


[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EagleBlueDon


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 1158
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll end it here. I understand why the Ravens made the move (getting something for a player who won't be re-signed), and I understand why we did. Good deal for both sides. I think we want to do the same thing with Jordan Matthews (he'll have priced himself too high for us).
_________________
Respect is not given, it is earned. --Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 15498
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Better than Logan!? foh

I'm so glad that dude is gone from the East.

Logan wasn't as good in 2016 in Schwartz 1 gapping 4-3 as he was the year before in Billy Davis' 2 gapping 3-4.

Would I take Jernigan over Logan in this scheme? Possible.

I'm excited to see if he can put it all together here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11261
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Logan wasn't as good in 2016 in Schwartz 1 gapping 4-3 as he was the year before in Billy Davis' 2 gapping 3-4.

Would I take Jernigan over Logan in this scheme? Possible.

I'm excited to see if he can put it all together here.


Yeah, regardless of what Jernigan did in Baltimore he's going to a FAR better scheme and one he actually fits. Pees wasn't changing anything in his defense to make life easier for the players so Timmy was out of his ideal position quite often. If the Eagles use him as a 1-gapping 3-technique that should help get him out of his frequent invisible streaks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AJHawkQT


Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Posts: 109
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great deal for the Eagles!

NFC East is going to be a bloodbath this year with the moves the Eagles & Giants are making, Cowboys are probably the 3rd best team in the division right now before the draft!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaBoys


Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 8293
Location: Not a fan of Linehan.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
Better than Logan!? foh

I'm so glad that dude is gone from the East.

Logan wasn't as good in 2016 in Schwartz 1 gapping 4-3 as he was the year before in Billy Davis' 2 gapping 3-4.

Would I take Jernigan over Logan in this scheme? Possible.

I'm excited to see if he can put it all together here.


Funny. I was specifically recalling the year before last in my mind. He was just as good(against us) as Cox. He was great. Last year I think he was hurt for one of our games...??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaBoys


Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 8293
Location: Not a fan of Linehan.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJHawkQT wrote:
What a great deal for the Eagles!

NFC East is going to be a bloodbath this year with the moves the Eagles & Giants are making, Cowboys are probably the 3rd best team in the division right now before the draft!


If that's how you feel I don't see how the draft changes anything. We have one of the last picks in every round. By design, it isn't supposed to help us as much as it is the Eagles or Giants. But I guess anythings possible. I'll try to share your optimism.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nabbs4u


Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 28998
Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
Better than Logan!? foh

I'm so glad that dude is gone from the East.

Logan wasn't as good in 2016 in Schwartz 1 gapping 4-3 as he was the year before in Billy Davis' 2 gapping 3-4.

Would I take Jernigan over Logan in this scheme? Possible.

I'm excited to see if he can put it all together here.


Funny. I was specifically recalling the year before last in my mind. He was just as good(against us) as Cox. He was great. Last year I think he was hurt for one of our games...??



Before the scheme change and the injury Bennie was every bit as disruptive. Last season wasn't his best. Funny how players like Eric Rowe, Mychal Kendricks and even Logan regressed / released / traded with Jim Schwartz but balled out with Billy friggen Davis.
_________________

2017 Bird Watch: QB Carson Wentz: 2Gm//85 Att//60% Comp//640 Yds//4 TD//2 INT//61 Rush yds//
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group