You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hockey's Where are the Baldy's V2.0 Mock

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Hockey's Where are the Baldy's V2.0 Mock Reply with quote

Hockey's Where are the Baldy's V2.0 Mock

FA

We have no monies left!

Draft

**Trade**Philadelphia trades their First round pick (14) and their 3rd round pick (74) to Carolina for Pick #8. Carolina adds a third round pick ant takes OT Ryan Ramczyk to solidify their OL.

1 - 8 - Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State

Howie has been aggressive all offseason filling holes, why stop being aggressive at the draft? With Sidney Jones going down Howie trades up for the top CB in the draft to fill our top hole remaining. Lattimore has the experience and the numbers worthy of this pick. He brings with him a solid attitude and a championship pedigree slotting right into a starting position on the outside.

2 – 43 – Tarell Basham, DE, Ohio

Bashem at this point in the process could be considered a “fastball” he’s a guy that has an amazing first step off the edge and was practically unblockable in the Senior Bowl showing off very strong hands and a variety of pass rush moves. Bashem does need a little work against the run but he’s a solid player to add to our pretty thin DE rotation. Imagine a 3rd down featuring BG – Cox – Curry – Bashem.Drool

4 – 118 – D’Onta Foreman, RB, Texas

I really wanted to take Marlon Mack here but his scouting report reads just like we’re drafting Wendell Smallwood 2.0. Foreman is also in this group but provide a completely different skill set. Foreman is a bigger back that is capable of running between the tackles. Despite being a bigger back he’s very good a change of direction, cutbacks and making people miss tackles. Like 90% of backs coming out of college he could probably use some work in pass pro, that said in a VERY limited sample size at Texas he didn’t give up any sacks and allowed very few pressures.

4 – 139 – Howard Wilson, CB, Houston

Wilson really fits the Schwartz mold at CB, He’s a super aggressive CB that loves to mix it up in the air and in the run game. He has great hips and excels at attacking the ball allowing a super low 28.74 QB rating against last season. There are concerns with Wilson as he played in the AAC, only has one season of starting experience, and has a prior ACL injury but based on talent he’s definitely worth the gamble in the 4th.

5 – 155 – Julien Davenport, OL, Bucknell

Everyone’s early off-season darling. No Davenport hasn’t morphed into a second round pick because of everyone putting him in early mocks. That said Davenport is a solid prospect to develop. At 6’6’ 310, he’ll fit right in the mix with Peters, Lane, and Vaitai at tackle. Davenport is super athletic with long arms and great measurable. He’s sometimes labeled a finesse player and needs a ton of technique work in both run and pass protection. Hopefully Stoutland can take his prototype size and speed and develop him into a good tackle.

6 – 194 – Robert Davis, WR, Georgia State

This year’s top SPARQ athlete at WR, Robert Davis blew up the combine with a top 3 rankings in the bench press, vertical, broad jump, and a 4.44 Forty good for 9th at the combine. Robert Davis is the cousin of Thomas Davis (LB, Carolina Panthers) and compares his style of play to Alshon Jeffrey. Despite his freakish athletic numbers he never broke 1000 yards or 7 TDs in a season at Georgia State, he still has a lot of work to do on his route running as he had a limited tree at Georgia State and relied mostly on size and athleticism to get open and make catches.

7 – 230 – Josh Topou, DT, Colorado

Topou is the biggest DT in the draft a 6’2” 353lbs. He is strictly a 0 or 1 Tech that will serve as the block eater that will take up space and clog running lanes. He’s not a big penetrator but averaged 4 tackles for loss a season over the course of his career. One of the reasons he’s available in the 7th round is because he was arrested in 2015 for a host of reasons including assault that were all eventually dismissed in court. He was suspended the entire 2015 season for the incident.

UDFA – Brandon Bell, OLB, Penn State

Whenever you can get a Penn State starting LB I think you jump at the chance. The word most often used to describe Bell is “instinctive” which is good because the OLB will come in the the NFL a little undersized at 6’1 233lbs. In his two years as a starter Bell racked up 20 TFL, 9.5 sacks and 3 INTs. He’s available this late due to a wrist injury suffered late in the year. Hopefully with a year in the weight room and in the playbook Bell can help.

Recap
1 - 8 - Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
2 – 43 – Tarell Basham, DE, Ohio
4 – 118 – D’Onta Foreman, RB, Texas
4 – 139 – Howard Wilson, CB, Houston
5 – 155 – Julien Davenport, OL, Bucknell
6 – 194 – Robert Davis, WR, Georgia State
7 – 230 – Josh Topou, DT, Colorado
UDFA – Brandon Bell, OLB, Penn State

Depth Chart

QB – Wentz/Foles
WR – Jeffrey/Smith/Matthews/Agholor/DGB/Smith
RB – Foreman/Smallwood/Sproles
TE – Ertz/Celek/Burton
LT – Peters/Davenport
LG – Seumalo/Barbre/Warmack
C – Kelce/Wisnewski
RG – Brooks/Tobin
RT – Johnson/Vaitai

LDE – Graham/Bashem
DT – Cox/Vaeao
DT – Allen/Tupou
DE – Curry/Long/Smith
WLB – Kendricks/Bell
MLB – Hicks/Walker
SLB – Bradham/Goode
CB – Lattimore/Wilson
CB – Mills/Brooks
Slot – Robinson
SS – Jenkins/Watkins
FS – McLeod/Maragos

K – Sturgis
P – Jones
LS - Dorenbos

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

having the picture above the name annoys me. I award you zero points.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if that is enough to move up to 8. Would love if it was though.

No thanks to Basham in he 2nd.

Foreman has no shot at lasting to the 4th round. He is probably gone before the end of the 2nd round.
Jlash

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:

Foreman has no shot at lasting to the 4th round. He is probably gone before the end of the 2nd round.

I was gonna say the same thing. After he murdered his pro day and answered speed questions he'll likely go in the 2nd or 3rd.

Other than that, fairly realistic all things considered.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:

I was gonna say the same thing. After he murdered his pro day and answered speed questions he'll likely go in the 2nd or 3rd.

Other than that, fairly realistic all things considered.

Yea its a bit of a toss up to where he falls. I thought about doing Gallman but I figured I'd throw a different name and I feel like Gallman falls on first contact too much. Hunt was the next choice but I feel like he'll go before Foreman.

Foreman is in a group with Mack, Hunt, Gallman, and Perine to me, I'd put him as the #8 RB in this class. This group falls behind Fournette, Cook, McCaffrey, Kamara, and Mixon. Its possible he's there in the early 4th.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:

Whats your beef with Basham?

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:

EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a baldy. 10 years at least deserves a pity baldy Laughing

As for the mock, I like being aggressive and moving up for Lattimore.

I don't like waiting until round 6 for a WR, when Alshon and JMatt are on 1-year deals... And Torrey is essentially on a 1-year deal. I'd rather grab a WR in the 2nd.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:

I don't really have a beef. I've taken him in FanSpeak mocks before.

I just think our 2nd rounder is too rich for me. I value him more in the round 3-4 range.

He has a nice frame, length, good get-off, and power. I see him as a strong side end. He isn't a guy that bends well, but that's okay.

Needs to develop a counter or two. Only thing I saw him use really was a swim and I'm not sure how much it really worked for him.

Thought he was a pretty good run defender. However, someone pointed out he does sometimes struggle getting off blocks, but said that its an eye level issue and not a hard fix.

We may look back in 3 years and say he was worth a 2nd round pick, but I don't think he's quite there as a prospect right now.

There are also just bound to be multiple guys I'm just more confident in selecting with our 2nd rounder.

With that said, its your draft and if you have the conviction in your projection, then go for it. I like when people are willing to stand on the table for their guys.
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:

I don't really have a beef. I've taken him in FanSpeak mocks before.

I just think our 2nd rounder is too rich for me. I value him more in the round 3-4 range.

He has a nice frame, length, good get-off, and power. I see him as a strong side end. He isn't a guy that bends well, but that's okay.

Needs to develop a counter or two. Only thing I saw him use really was a swim and I'm not sure how much it really worked for him.

Thought he was a pretty good run defender. However, someone pointed out he does sometimes struggle getting off blocks, but said that its an eye level issue and not a hard fix.

We may look back in 3 years and say he was worth a 2nd round pick, but I don't think he's quite there as a prospect right now.

There are also just bound to be multiple guys I'm just more confident in selecting with our 2nd rounder.

With that said, its your draft and if you have the conviction in your projection, then go for it. I like when people are willing to stand on the table for their guys.

Eh, I'm not going to stand on the table for him, I like hearing differing opinions. I really think DE is a bigger need than most people on this board and Basham was a guy that was in that range IMO. I'm scared of Lawson's injuries and there's something I dont' like about Charles Harris but I can't quite put my finger on it. I'd rather take Basham than reach on a guy like Willis or Rivers.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:

nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would flip D. Foreman to that 2nd rounder. Take DE Daeshon Hall in the 4th. Swap that DT and OL, maybe use those picks to trade up for a higher 5th and get KD Cannon in the 5th or a project

I think JoeHowie has done enough to solidify the front lines

Love the trade up though.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First mock I've seen with a trade up. Not a horrible idea. I'm not a Donta Foreman fan, but that is just my opinion and is probably my only gripe with it as a whole.

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
kolbscorn07

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about trading up. After the Wentz trade last year, acquiring picks should be a priority. There's plenty of depth at corner in this draft, so I'm not sure I'd be interested in moving up.

Love the Foreman pick but not sure he'll last till the third round.

Props to CalhounLambeau on the sig!
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kolbscorn07 wrote:
Not sure about trading up. After the Wentz trade last year, acquiring picks should be a priority. There's plenty of depth at corner in this draft, so I'm not sure I'd be interested in moving up.

I agree and disagree. I agree there is depth at corner thus why I can mock a player like Howard Wilson in the 4th. That said I don't think that the Wentz trade has any bearing on what we do in this draft. I also don't think that we're actually looking for quantity right now but rather quality. We have plenty of passable depth on this team, if we can come out of this with two studs or at least legitimate starters I think we're a better team than if we find 4 "guys". Lattimore is the top corner available in this draft and also fills a huge position of need for us.

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: