Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Romo retiring
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nova

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Romo was 18-36(50%) for 201 yards 5.6 (YPA) 1 INT and 2 sacks to 1 TD, in that playoff game that Patrick Crayton lost for us.

Rolling Eyes

And I think we had 13 pro bowlers that year. Definitely their fault, not Romo's. Never Romo's.

Look I'm not trying to absolve Romo of all blame. He's part of the team.

But that team with 13 pro bowlers really crapped the bed around him.

I really would urge you to go back and watch that game and come away thinking, yeah Romo really let us down or was the reason we lost.
DingoLadd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Romo was 18-36(50%) for 201 yards 5.6 (YPA) 1 INT and 2 sacks to 1 TD, in that playoff game that Patrick Crayton lost for us.

Rolling Eyes

And I think we had 13 pro bowlers that year. Definitely their fault, not Romo's. Never Romo's.

You can never blame a single thing/player/coach for a loss unless it's extremely obvious that it was their fault. See the Falcons not running the ball enough to the point where if they literally run off 2-3 more minutes Brady never has a chance to get to OT etc. Romo didn't play extremely well but he did enough to get them the win if things bounce their way so thus it's not his fault it's the team's fault.

Call it excuses or whatever but not every single great QB has the luck to go to six superbowls or even one, Winning is about more luck than people realize.

Long live Phillip Rivers and his constant carrying of this god awful team.

Also go (South Carolina) Charleston Dingoes. Looking for a co-owner for a fantasy team so PM me please.
PapaShogun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nova wrote:
DaBoys wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I really would urge you to go back and watch that game and come away thinking, yeah Romo really let us down or was the reason we lost.
Obviously it's been a long time since that game happened, but I just remember the Giants defensive line abusing the Cowboys upfront. Romo was running for his life half the time.

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
Kiei7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:
Nova wrote:
DaBoys wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Obviously it's been a long time since that game happened, but I just remember the Giants defensive line abusing the Cowboys upfront. Romo was running for his life half the time.

The Giants defensive line did dominate the second half. Also had receivers drop 4 or 5 passes. Yes, Romo could have played better, but he came through with the game on the line and Crayton let him down.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...apparently, Romo is taking over for Phil Simms on CBS. Thats pretty crazy considering how green he will be to commentating, seeing as how Nantz and Simms are the most heavily featured commentating team on CBS.

As someone who cant stand Phil Simms commentary, I dont mind this....but it does seem like they shafted him...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/chris-simms-rips-cbs-tony-romo-replaced-phil-simms-assumes-jim-nantz-signed-off-145137930.html

...my guess is its to pander to a younger audience.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romo signed with the Mavericks and is going to dress for their season finale. Laughing Laughing

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/JasonWitten/status/850770770250870784

If you like Romo/Wit, its worth the read.

SammyBradwater

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Wow...apparently, Romo is taking over for Phil Simms on CBS. Thats pretty crazy considering how green he will be to commentating, seeing as how Nantz and Simms are the most heavily featured commentating team on CBS.

As someone who cant stand Phil Simms commentary, I dont mind this....but it does seem like they shafted him...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/chris-simms-rips-cbs-tony-romo-replaced-phil-simms-assumes-jim-nantz-signed-off-145137930.html

...my guess is its to pander to a younger audience.

A lot of speculation by a clearly salty son. This is just family being upset and frankly I don't think he should be talking about this anyway (definitely evident by the fact that he was wrong about the advance notice and had to apologize to CBS).

Also I had to laugh, because there's all this talk like Phil Simms is a poor victim and the son says "I had to forward the text to him because he was in Barbados", Laughing Laughing yeah I'll shed a tear for you Phil
Nova

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:
Nova wrote:
DaBoys wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Right. And it's weird to me that hindsight has never benefited Romo in this argument. This was the same defense that only gave up 14 pts to Brady and that record breaking 07 offense.

When the Giants smothered Brady they were legends. When they assailed Romo, Romo was cemented as a choker.

The Cowboys as a team were really sloppy when they just couldn't afford to be. The Giants were a really good team that year.
KManX89

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nova wrote:
DaBoys wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Crayton definitely played his part in the loss, but Romo throwing into double coverage with TO wide open and no pressure was totally inexcusable especially with a trip to the NFC Championship game hanging on that play.

Play in question.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
Nova wrote:
DaBoys wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Crayton definitely played his part in the loss, but Romo throwing into double coverage with TO wide open and no pressure was totally inexcusable especially with a trip to the NFC Championship game hanging on that play.

Play in question.

He had enough time to bake a cake in the pocket.

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
Nova

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
Nova wrote:
DaBoys wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Play in question.

I don't even have to go back and watch this as it is unfortunately ingrained into my memory.

None of the receivers are really open because Witten and Barber have to stay in to keep Romo clean-- the Giants forced this with their relentless pass rush throughout the 4th.

The safeties, Wilson and James Butler, are both in deep zone while Ross, McQuarters and Webster are in man.

So they are all somewhat in double coverage here. Owens beats Webster, but Butler is there.

The soft part of this defense is where the ball is eventually thrown, but the ball is thrown a bit behind. Not that it matters because Glenn never gets enough room from McQuarters despite McQuarter's having the toughest route to defend.

Overall, the point is the decision wasn't bad because there wasn't really a great decision to choose from anyway.

But that's what the Giants and the circumstances dictated.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottBarrettDFB/status/849305329481527297

Marc MacGyver

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish him well...

BUT, I wouldn't be surprised if he failed in media. He just doesn't come across as an engaging personality tbh.
NoJobBob

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc MacGyver wrote:
I wish him well...

BUT, I wouldn't be surprised if he failed in media. He just doesn't come across as an engaging personality tbh.
Highly disagree. I remember when everyone wanted Peyton Manning to do color broadcasting after he retired... THAT would have been terrible. Manning's voice is annoying, he's not an positive guy, and outside of pure analysis of plays I doubt he'd have much interesting to say. Romo on the other hand is the exact opposite. Have you watched his NFL Sound FX? Or his press conferences?

Romo will do well. And I'm so glad Simms is getting the boot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: