You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Overwatch v.Something
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HighHopes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Overwatch v.Something Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
Danger wrote:
Roadhog heals himself and has more health and can do more damage as well as an ultimate that doesn't get destroyed easily.

Roadhog's ultimate is probably the worst one.
His ult is pretty decent. It destroys shields, knocks people around and out of position, and can pretty easily kill squishes. The main issue with it is that D.Va can just eat his ult with her defense matrix.

D.Va can eat most of it, the angles can get weird sometimes and she'll be knocked back anyway, though.

Roadhog's ult is probably on the weaker side, but pretty much every ult is extremely situational. Most damage based ults are easily shut down, utility ults require the right timing, and just in general you need to coordinate with multiple ults to really get a big payoff from them.

And just to clarify on Orisa, my point isn't that she's better than Roadhog, or even that she's necessarily good. The point is that its waaaayyyy too early to really say if she needs buffs. Even the video posted was mostly tongue-in-cheek, and the real point of the video was that she feels bad right now because people who've never played her are playing her in competitive. Once people are more experienced on her and know the proper situations/team comps to play her in, then we'll be able to say for sure if she needs buffs.

Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Overwatch v.Something Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
Danger wrote:
Roadhog heals himself and has more health and can do more damage as well as an ultimate that doesn't get destroyed easily.

Roadhog's ultimate is probably the worst one.
His ult is pretty decent. It destroys shields, knocks people around and out of position, and can pretty easily kill squishes. The main issue with it is that D.Va can just eat his ult with her defense matrix.

D.Va can eat most of it, the angles can get weird sometimes and she'll be knocked back anyway, though.

Roadhog's ult is probably on the weaker side, but pretty much every ult is extremely situational. Most damage based ults are easily shut down, utility ults require the right timing, and just in general you need to coordinate with multiple ults to really get a big payoff from them.

And just to clarify on Orisa, my point isn't that she's better than Roadhog, or even that she's necessarily good. The point is that its waaaayyyy too early to really say if she needs buffs. Even the video posted was mostly tongue-in-cheek, and the real point of the video was that she feels bad right now because people who've never played her are playing her in competitive. Once people are more experienced on her and know the proper situations/team comps to play her in, then we'll be able to say for sure if she needs buffs.

Orisa is definitely beneficial at both chokepoints as well as guarding Torb turret/Bastion. The fact that the shield takes 900hp (nearly 50% of Rein's) and can be placed down every 10 seconds or so helps a lot. My buddies and I have found success on maps like Hanamura, Eichenwald, etc that have a major choke with a combo of Torb Turret + Orisa Shield/Gun + Symmetra Turrets to slow them down as they enter. Helps too with a Zenyatta for that discord. As well, Orisa on top of a moving payload with a Bastion or Torb turret behind her shield is deadly as well. The only real counters to her shield are Rein flames and a Pharah.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Overwatch v.Something Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
something something blah blah blah

You're not an expert at eliminating the dead space in the quote box in your sig. Fix it
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Overwatch v.Something Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
something something blah blah blah

You're not an expert at eliminating the dead space in the quote box in your sig. Fix it

now i'm keeping it just to [inappropriate/removed] you off young buck

edit: in fact i made it even bigger just for you (thats what she said)

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Overwatch v.Something Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Orisa is definitely beneficial at both chokepoints as well as guarding Torb turret/Bastion. The fact that the shield takes 900hp (nearly 50% of Rein's) and can be placed down every 10 seconds or so helps a lot. My buddies and I have found success on maps like Hanamura, Eichenwald, etc that have a major choke with a combo of Torb Turret + Orisa Shield/Gun + Symmetra Turrets to slow them down as they enter. Helps too with a Zenyatta for that discord. As well, Orisa on top of a moving payload with a Bastion or Torb turret behind her shield is deadly as well. The only real counters to her shield are Rein flames and a Pharah.

Yeah, the big thing is that in pretty much every situation she needs to be played alongside a Reinhardt, since she doesn't have the flexibility with moving the shield. But with the right setup (a standard "deathball" comp) she excels as an off-tank and gives you a huge advantage in the shield war.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just bought this game. I put probably close to 50 hours on a friends account.

How long will it take to grind through level 25? I hate quickplay.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
I've just bought this game. I put probably close to 50 hours on a friends account.

Its usually about an hour per level, can't remember if the early levels take less xp though.
KC=SB 42

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really need to fix competitive in the sense that if somebody or multiple people on my team leave, dont let me lose SR. I didnt choose this and just because some troll leaves or somebody has crappy connection it is near impossible to win a man down. Also another thing is when somebody else on the team leaves and it cancels the game, I am ok with that, but not when my team and I are seconds away from capping the first point on Hollywood and one of their players leaves and the game is ended. Thats just a bit too far into it to cancel the match in my opinion.

Still love this game thiough just a few gripes on competitive I have.

Mama was a Terp and Pop was a Buckeye so I guess that makes me a Nutty Turtle.

Chiefs/Buckeyes/Terps/Orioles/Wizards/Capitals
yea its weird get over it
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New patch today. Bunch of new skins, but, more importantly, Lucio 2.0:

-Damage increased by 25%
-Projectile speed increased from 40 to 50
-Alternate fire (boop) now considers vertical orientation when knocking targets back
-Crossfade AOE radius decreased from 30 to 10 meters
-Healing per second increased by 30%
-Self-healing reduced by 25%
-Movement speed increased by 20% when wall riding
-Lucio receives a burst of speed when leaping off a wall

Changes his play-style a lot, gives him much better tools to be aggressive and deal damage.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC=SB 42 wrote:
They really need to fix competitive in the sense that if somebody or multiple people on my team leave, dont let me lose SR. I didnt choose this and just because some troll leaves or somebody has crappy connection it is near impossible to win a man down. Also another thing is when somebody else on the team leaves and it cancels the game, I am ok with that, but not when my team and I are seconds away from capping the first point on Hollywood and one of their players leaves and the game is ended. Thats just a bit too far into it to cancel the match in my opinion.

You can't change it purely for the fact of people exploiting it and having a "fall guy" to boost their friends' SR by leaving any match that they will lose.

And I disagree about the first point cap too -- perhaps you're only able to cap it because they were a man down? Why should they now get the loss because they had to start 5v6 and lose the first cap? It wasn't a fair fight from the beginning.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

Its usually about an hour per level, can't remember if the early levels take less xp though.

14 hours later and I'm level 24.

Quickplay is essentially unplayable. Maybe my perspective was skewed because I started out playing high platinum competitive where people actually give a damn about comps / tactics.
KC=SB 42

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
KC=SB 42 wrote:

You can't change it purely for the fact of people exploiting it and having a "fall guy" to boost their friends' SR by leaving any match that they will lose.

And I disagree about the first point cap too -- perhaps you're only able to cap it because they were a man down? Why should they now get the loss because they had to start 5v6 and lose the first cap? It wasn't a fair fight from the beginning.

No im saying they weren't a man down it was 6v6 and we were seconds away from capping the first point like atleast 90% of the way there and then somebody left on their team and the match got canceled. That's a little too late to leave the game and have it shut down in my opinion because they knew they were about to lose the point and left and its just a waste of everyones time.

Mama was a Terp and Pop was a Buckeye so I guess that makes me a Nutty Turtle.

Chiefs/Buckeyes/Terps/Orioles/Wizards/Capitals
yea its weird get over it
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:

-Damage increased by 25%
-Alternate fire (boop) now considers vertical orientation when knocking targets back

Changes his play-style a lot, gives him much better tools to be aggressive and deal damage.
Haven't played Lucio in a while, but isn't this kind of a buff?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:

-Damage increased by 25%

Haven't played Lucio in a while, but isn't this kind of a buff?

Yeah, a lot of pros are saying he's going to be even more of a must-pick than before.

The big challenge is getting used to the smaller radius. It shows the actual radius around him right now (think they said it would only be temporary). And you have to be more aware of how far away you are from your team if you're trying to wall-ride in from weird angles or stall on capture points/koth.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
The big challenge is getting used to the smaller radius. It shows the actual radius around him right now (think they said it would only be temporary). And you have to be more aware of how far away you are from your team if you're trying to wall-ride in from weird angles or stall on capture points/koth.

It'd be shame if that was only temporary, I quite like it!

I also like they track percentage captured now in the assault gamemode. Makes more sense and for quicker games.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: