Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

24 Days Out Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drafting Dobbs would be a

"Look we drafted a QB! But we probably wasted a pick as he's not very good. But the fans are happy now"

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
G08

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:

"Look we drafted a QB! But we probably wasted a pick as he's not very good. But the fans are happy now"

I honestly think Pace believes he just drafted a ready-made 27 year old QB with Senor Butt Fumble as a backup.

I don't think we take a QB high with the intention of making him QB3 and getting zero reps.

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
RunningVaccs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

I honestly think Pace believes he just drafted a ready-made 27 year old QB with Senor Butt Fumble as a backup.

I don't think we take a QB high with the intention of making him QB3 and getting zero reps.

What a terrifying idea, Pace just might be fine with Glennon and feeding Fox some defense.

Pace is really setting up the next GM well, he'll have cleared out any big contracts, built a deep roster, and then the next guy can pull the trigger and get a QB with the new coach.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

I dont think/hope that's not accurate. He certainly didnt structure the contract like there was zero doubts.

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
G08

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
G08 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

I dont think/hope that's not accurate. He certainly didnt structure the contract like there was zero doubts.

He gave himself an out after this season, but it's going to cost us $4.5 million.

The fact that the kid just turned 27 AND that Pace has tried to trade for him the past two seasons tells me Pace wants to give this kid every chance to succeed. I think the fact that Sanchez was signed as a backup only adds to the notion that a QB will not be taken high.

That's just my 'reading the tea leaves'. Hope I'm wrong.

jrry32 wrote:
apples

Nads786

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would still go for Jamal Adams over Lattimore. Yes you get higher positional value but his injury scares me and I just don't know if he has for sure pick on him. Jamal's leadership is so appealing as well. We need a face of the franchise like Urlacher.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
I think I would still go for Jamal Adams over Lattimore. Yes you get higher positional value but his injury scares me and I just don't know if he has for sure pick on him. Jamal's leadership is so appealing as well. We need a face of the franchise like Urlacher.

Has a SS ever been the "face" of a franchise? Serious question...

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
G08

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

I was going to say Ronnie Lott but even he couldn't overtake Montana/Rice.

jrry32 wrote:
apples

pigsooie5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

Some people might say Troy Palamalu, except he was only drafted one season before Big Ben so that eliminates that one.

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
gah112

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Dawkins maybe?
Tyty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gah112 wrote:
Brian Dawkins maybe?

Still feel like McNabb was the dude.
51to54

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
G08 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

Some people might say Troy Palamalu, except he was only drafted one season before Big Ben so that eliminates that one.

We certainly don't have any QB's or Hall of Fame players to steal the spotlight from a Lott type safety. Heck, if the new guy knows what direction the jock goes on then he's already halfway to being the leader of the defense compared to the safeties he's replacing.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

Brian Dawkins is the closest I can think of.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
G08 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

He gave himself an out after this season, but it's going to cost us $4.5 million.

The fact that the kid just turned 27 AND that Pace has tried to trade for him the past two seasons tells me Pace wants to give this kid every chance to succeed. I think the fact that Sanchez was signed as a backup only adds to the notion that a QB will not be taken high.

If you are Ryan Pace what is the downside of having Glennon and Watson?

If Glennon struggles you have someone to turn to that the fan base will be thrilled with.

If Glennon plays okay, you have an option and competition. You will also be too far to get a top guy next year.

If Glennon wins the MVP, you have a trade chip that makes Jimmy G look like a gab of flaming poop.
G08

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
G08 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
G08 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

If you are Ryan Pace what is the downside of having Glennon and Watson?

If Glennon struggles you have someone to turn to that the fan base will be thrilled with.

If Glennon plays okay, you have an option and competition. You will also be too far to get a top guy next year.

If Glennon wins the MVP, you have a trade chip that makes Jimmy G look like a gab of flaming poop.

A lot, actually. Watson is your de facto QB 3 and is used to a system completely different from what Glennon and Sanchez have run in their careers. Do you expect Loggains/the offensive staff to have two separate offenses being taught at once? It's just not realistic, at all. And then to do that and leave top tier talent that could help your defense immediately is just bad business man. Fox is trying to win now and Pace is trying to build us into a strong defensive and running team.

It sucks. I hate it. But that's reality for this franchise right now.

jrry32 wrote:
apples

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: