Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

24 Days Out Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: 24 Days Out Mock Draft Reply with quote

1[1] Cleveland Browns: DE Myles Garrett [Texas A&M]
1[2] San Francisco 49ers:​ DE Solomon Thomas [Stanford]​ ​​

1[3] CB Marshon Lattimore [Ohio St] 6' 193lbs, 4.36 [40], 38.5" vert, 11' broad

When you look at positional value and you look at the athletic upside that Pace seems to favor in the 1st round it leads you to Marshon Lattimore. Not only does he play a more "valuable" position than the safeties that are available, but he also has top level athletic ability and upside. The Bears added 2 CBs in free agency, neither of which is more than an average starter, they also decided to move D Hall to S, which again opens up a CB spot. The truth is the Bears do not have a #1 CB, they do not have anyone capable of being a #1 CB, and they need to add a #1 CB so that Cooper can play a more natural #2 role. Lattimore is so athletic and smooth in coverage, he makes plays on the ball [4 INTs, 9 PD], and he is a strong tackler in run support.

2[36] S Marcus Williams [Utah] 6'1" 202lbs, 4.56 [40], 14 reps, 43.5" vert, 10'9" broad, 6.85 3 cone

The Bears were a secondary away from a pretty good defense and while they have added some solid players to stop the bleeding they do not have young playmakers to build around. Williams gives the Bears and explosive athlete at FS and a player with the ball skills that they have lacked over the last couple of seasons. Over the last 2 seasons Williams has intercepted 10 passes, which is something that has been sorely missing at the FS spot. Between Demps and Williams they picked off 11 passes in 2016. Williams gives the Bears a legit FS that they can build around and rely on in coverage.

3[67] TE Bucky Hodges [Virgnia Tech] 6'6" 257lbs, 4.57 [40], 18 reps, 39" vert, 11'2" broad

Hodges is another explosive athlete with great size and an ability to high point the football. Hodges however is still raw as a reciever and is not much of a blocker, which is why he is available in the 3rd round. Hodges is a mismatch nightmare in the passing game and gives the Bears another player with a problematic size: speed ratio. Hodges can be the long term split TE to Sims in line blocking.

4[111] QB Josh Dobbs [Tennessee] 6'3" 216lbs, 4.64 [40], 33" vert, 10'2" broad

Waiting on QB is not going to be popular with Bears fans, but the Bears could easily find themselves in a position where they are not getting the value on the QBs they want. Dobbs probably will not be more than a backup, but he has some interesting traits to develop. Dobbs is super athletic, has a good arm, and is apparently a genius. The Bears can stash him and allow him to develop his mechanics and footwork and see if they can catch fire in a bottle.

4[117] OT Adam Bisnowaty [Pitt] 6'6" 304lbs, 34" arms, 5.23 [40], 23 reps, 29.5" vert

The Bears need competition at LT and they need depth at a spot where they have survived only because of Charles Leno's ability to stay healthy. Bisnowaty has the size, length, and hand punch to be a LT. At a minimum he gets a year in 2017 to develop and compete with Leno, before really getting to compete in 2018. Compton is a nice backup option, but I am not sure that he is someone the Bears want playing LT for 5-6 games if Leno gets injured.

5[147] DE Nazair Jones [UNC] 6'5" 296lbs, 5.11, 24.5" vert

The Bears need depth and players that can play in the rotation to keep Goldman and Hicks healthy and fresh. Jones gives the Bears another big, long option on the DL. Jones should be able to play run downs early where he uses his size and long arms to lock out opposing OLmen and stalemate the line of scrimmage. Jones has the physical tools that Fangio has always looked for on the DL and he keeps a steady flow of young players being developed at that position.

7[220] OLB Darius English [South Carolina] 6'6" 245lbs.

The Bears have their top 3 OLBs and I am intrigued by Roy Robertson-Harris but he appears headed to the DL, they can continue to add super tall and athletic OLBs. The Bears have a type [Floyd 6'6", RRH 6'7"] and English fits the mold of a long, lean and athletic pass rusher. English had 8 sacks last season and while he needs a ton of coaching the Bears do not need to rush him and can put him in the room with Fangio and see what he can become in a couple of seasons.

Depth Chart

QB: Glennon, Sanchez, Dobbs
RB: Howard, Langford, Carey, Cunningham
WR: Meredith, White, Wright, Wheaton, Bellamy
TE: Miller, Sims, Hodges, Brown
LT: Leno, Bisnowaty
LG: Sitton, Kush
C: Whitehair, Grasu
RG: Long
RT: Massie, Compton

RE: Bullard​, Robertson-Harris​, Jones
NT: Goldman, Jenkins, Sutton
LE: Hicks, Unrien
OLB: Floyd, Young, English
ILB: Freeman, Anderson
ILB: Trevathan [PUP], Kiatokowsi, Timu
OLB: McPhee, Houston
CB: Lattimore, Amukamara, Cooper, Fuller, Callahan, Leblanc
FS: Williams, Amos
SS: Demps, Hall, Bush
dll2000

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean you take Thomas at 3 if available?

I would.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dll2000 wrote:

I would.

I would as well. Right now I think the non-QB board for the Bears would be

Garrett
Thomas
Lattimore
dll2000

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus Williams or Budda Baker?

Two players that have great traits and weaknesses.

Williams gives you length and superior over the top play because of that length. He will generate those all important turnovers on his own on deep throws. Maybe even better than Hooker there. But he tackles like a pansy most of time. Not even sure he can tackle an NFL RB. A big one anyway.

Baker is cat quick and is an opportunistic turnover player. Tipped balls or bad throws end up in his hands. Great instincts, great blitzer and very good tackler. Problem is he is short and big receivers/TEs will potentially eat him up over the top and red zone. Reminds me of former Bear Mike Brown in college.
dll2000

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
dll2000 wrote:

I would.

Garrett
Thomas
Lattimore

I think that's my board as well right now were I Pace. I think everyone agrees a trade down would be nice as well if possible.

I would want a doctor opinion I trust on Lattimore's hammys though.
G08

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
dll2000 wrote:

I would.

Garrett
Thomas
Lattimore

I'm with you here. Lattimore has some filthy tape out there, question is going to be about his health/hamstrings.

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
dll2000

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
dll2000 wrote:

I would.

Garrett
Thomas
Lattimore

I'm with you here. Lattimore has some filthy tape out there, question is going to be about his health/hamstrings.

He's only played 1 year of CF too. Probably going to be some growing pains even if healthy.

Can't ignore his fast twitch ability in short space and recovery speed though.

Aside from health there is a smallish bust factor as well. Not like he's Deon Sanders, but who is?

Also position value like Windy said is a huge factor. You ignore it for special players (if you can identify them) like Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, Luke Kuechly, Larry Allen, Randy Moss but for most part you take rarer and harder to find positions first.

QBs tier one rarity.

Great pass rushers, LTs and corners are tier two.

TEs, RTs, Centers, Safeties, MLBs, WRs, DL are tier 3.

Guards, RBs, Non rush OLBs are tier 4.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dll2000 wrote:
G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
dll2000 wrote:

I would.

Garrett
Thomas
Lattimore

He's only played 1 year of CF too. Probably going to be some growing pains even if healthy.

Can't ignore his fast twitch ability in short space and recovery speed though.

Aside from health there is a smallish bust factor as well. Not like he's Deon Sanders, but who is?

Also position value like Windy said is a huge factor. You ignore it for special players (if you can identify them) like Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, Luke Kuechly, Larry Allen, Randy Moss but for most part you take rarer and harder to find positions first.

QBs tier one rarity.

Great pass rushers, LTs and corners are tier two.

TEs, RTs, Centers, Safeties, MLBs, WRs, DL are tier 3.

Guards, RBs, Non rush OLBs are tier 4.

Kickers are tier 5

Punters are tier 6

Long snappers are people too, but not important enough for a tier.

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't envision Marcus Williams that close to the line of scrimmage.

After Hooker, Jeremiah calls him the 2nd best FS in the draft and a true center fielder.

I will live with some missed tackles if he can pick off 4-5 passes.
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad, but we only have 4 or 5 OLBs on our team. I could see us using a pick between 3rd-5th on one. I also see us drafting a WR at some point.

Any chance Carolina trades up with us for Fournette? We still have a lot of needs to fill. The extra picks would be good for us.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowler1215 wrote:
Not bad, but we only have 4 or 5 OLBs on our team. I could see us using a pick between 3rd-5th on one. I also see us drafting a WR at some point.

Any chance Carolina trades up with us for Fournette? We still have a lot of needs to fill. The extra picks would be good for us.

And then take OJ Howard? I'm in.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would anyone here trade 1(Cool, 2(40) and another pick for Fournette?

Didn't think so.
G08

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

After Hooker, Jeremiah calls him the 2nd best FS in the draft and a true center fielder.

I reallllllllyyyyy want Evan Engram in round 2 man.

jrry32 wrote:
apples

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer, the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I reallllllllyyyyy want Evan Engram in round 2 man.

I think Jacksonville is going to be a problem with that plan. They have nothing at the TE spot at all.
RunningVaccs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me this draft looks very realistic considering what the Bears have done in the past and in free agency.

The thing that bugs me is that they're picking needs early that have deep supply, and needs late that have no depth.

Because I'm a meathead fan, I would prefer they draft QB in round 1 if for not other reason than it would be nice to at least have hope for a while. Best case scenario for me would be to trade down, but I agree with sentiment that finding a partner is unlikely without taking a value-loss.

Argh. I feel like the Bears have somehow already screwed up having a really high pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: