You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

offical visits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
KJtheWicked wrote:
What do you guys think the chances are of Derek Barnett being available at 30? I finally started watching some film, and he really impressed me. He looks like the type of player who can take a game over. Question is can he be a full time OLB?

zero percent. 2nd best EDGE rusher in the draft. Has all the techniques and very few downsides. Will be the 2nd or 3rd Edge off the board.

Remember that GB has the same needs and looks at the some types of players as the Steelers. The Steelers would have to trade in front of GB to get any EDGE player they covet.

Kinda what I figured. Man that kids film is good. Only thing that might help him fall a little is some soso combine and pro day numbers, but he was hurt for one and sick for the other. If he fell into the 20s I'd move a 3rd, that'd get us to around 25 I think using the trade chart.

Honestly not that impressed with the rest of the edge rushers. I see some great bursts off the line of scrimmage, but I also see a lot of poor instincts, poor run support, poor technique, and poor block shedding. Haven't dug too far yet, looked at Harris, Takk, and a little of Watt and Lawson. A lot of that stuff can be taught, the athleticism is there, but those guys I think are more projects I'd rather take in the 2nd.
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Steelers are hosting Alabama edge rusher Tim Williams on Tuesday, according to Bob Labriola.
Williams likely lands in the second round, but the Steelers in the back half of round one is not unreasonable. Williams can certainly rush the passer, and the Steelers are absolutely in need of a young player to do that on their roster. Williams is also an underrated run defender.
Source: Bob Labriola on Twitter

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
JLambert58

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
According to Bob Labriola of steelers.com, linebacker Tim Williams and defensive end Tanoh Kpassagnon are both in town visiting with the team.

Kpassagnon would look be a nice piece to add to the D Line.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
Quote:
According to Bob Labriola of steelers.com, linebacker Tim Williams and defensive end Tanoh Kpassagnon are both in town visiting with the team.

Could he lose 10lbs and play on his feet for us?

Deadpulse on the sig
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
Quote:

They keep showing interest in him and Wormley from Michigan...dons it all offseason...

They seem to be considering more multiple and sub package guys...interesting.
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
Quote:

I see him as a freak athlete with almost zero football IQ. I am not sure if he would be a Standup OLB for the Steelers. He is 6'7 290. So he could lose 10-15 lbs but would he lose much?

I really consider him a 4-3 RDE so I never projected him to the Steelers.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
JLambert58

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
Quote:

I don't see him as a stand up OLB in our system. He's about the right size for 5T if he can hold the POA. I'd rather see him gain 10 lbs. of size/muscle and play on the line. He'd also be perfect if they wanted to play around with some 4-3 hybrid looks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bob Labriola‏Verified account @BobLabriola

Draft visitors: TE Jason Croom from Tennessee, LB Keion Adams from WMich, CB Jalen Myrick from Minnesota, CB Rasul Douglas from WVU

jebrick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Draft visitors for Thursday: WR Shelton Gibson, CB Ryan Lewis, CB Marlon Humphrey, S Obi Melifonwu, WR Mackenzie Hollins.

1st page updated

AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised by no RBs so far...I know they went to a lot of pro days and looked at RBs then(Mack from USF-Foreman from Texas-Perinje from Oklahoma and I wanna say Hunt from Toledo)...but still.

Obvious hole at RB...don't see how they make it past RD4 without taking one.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
I'm surprised by no RBs so far...I know they went to a lot of pro days and looked at RBs then(Mack from USF-Foreman from Texas-Perinje from Oklahoma and I wanna say Hunt from Toledo)...but still.

I don't see a hole. You have Bell, Davis, Toussaint, Brown-Dukes, Johnson, Smith, and Williams. For every RB that isn't a 1st rounder, they have a similar type player to most prospects. That being said, expect a couple UFA to be signed and more invites to tryouts. i don't see RB being a need.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:

I don't see a hole. You have Bell, Davis, Toussaint, Brown-Dukes, Johnson, Smith, and Williams. For every RB that isn't a 1st rounder, they have a similar type player to most prospects. That being said, expect a couple UFA to be signed and more invites to tryouts. i don't see RB being a need.

Bell on franchise tender...no long term deal yet, even then he's a big injury risk.

Davis a journeyman on 3 different teams last year...Touissant no meaningful snaps last year....all those other guys are practice squad types.

Plus as of now, nobody under contract for next year.

It's a hole...a need they see due themchecking on the prospects I mentioned before, plus I forgot Gallman(sp?) from Clemson at their pro day.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Quote:

Draft visitors for Thursday: WR Shelton Gibson, CB Ryan Lewis, CB Marlon Humphrey, S Obi Melifonwu, WR Mackenzie Hollins.

1st page updated

I thought Penn State guys got the local nod in the past. Like when they brought in AQ Shipley.
jebrick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
jebrick wrote:
Quote:

1st page updated

I thought Penn State guys got the local nod in the past. Like when they brought in AQ Shipley.

If they grew up or went to school in the Pittsburgh metro area they are considered a local visit.

steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
MOSteelers56 wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
Quote:

I see him as a freak athlete with almost zero football IQ. I am not sure if he would be a Standup OLB for the Steelers. He is 6'7 290. So he could lose 10-15 lbs but would he lose much?

I really consider him a 4-3 RDE so I never projected him to the Steelers.

Or add 20 pounds and play on the end in pass rushing situations. Do you really want a guy with "zero football IQ" (Not mocking you, just using this example) to be playing OLB in our scheme? The complexity may eat him alive.

At DE, it'd be "this play you rush or this play you hold a gap". You leave him off for any complex plays and use him in situations where his athleticism would excel.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: