Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

offical visits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MDSteeler1971

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:

Good list..

So long as Darnold does the same and shows even more he is on another level and will be viewed as the prize of the draft.

Rosen has the anticipation and the wits, barring injury he and Darnold should be locks for first round consideration.

Josh Allen needs to work and improve on accuracy but is intriguing.

Falk will have all of the typical concerns with his offense but lot of experience chucking it around and challenging defenses.

I too was intrigued with Fitzgerald and he definitely should be high on everyones got to see list.

Forgotten guys
Kyle Allen - Houston (transfer from A&M)

Trace McSorley might compete for a Heisman and even a National Championship but its hard to imagine him competing for a starting job in the NFL (his arm and size are below average. 6'0 205) If it wasnt for his competitiveness and personality Im pretty sure he'd be competing for his job at PSU as well. What will be more interesting to watch is how much stronger and improved Mike Giesicki is this season.

What about Max Brown? We will get a good look at him being at Pitt! 6'4 220 lbs is pretty good! I don't watch much Pitt football so I don't know what he has tool wise...
jebrick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bob Labriola‏Verified account @BobLabriola

Draft visitors for Friday: LB Carroll Phillips from Illinois; LB Zach Cunningham from Vanderbilt

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem at all with them taking Pat Mahomes wherever they take him if they deem him a fit for the franchise. I have faith in both them and him as for knowing what they want as a franchise going forward.

I like Mahomes a lot even though my ratings system doesnt value him currently as much as Both Watson & Trubisky, he has pretty much been my most intriguing prospect at the position all year and I could see the reason for taking him and harnessing his potential.

I would be concerned if they took Kizer with that 1st pick however. He has potential but has far more bust concern in my eyes based on a number of factors; especially maturity.

I like Kaaya as the only other prospect that has any intrigue but he would have to be 3rd round or later for me. His bar has raised slower but the gradual improvements are encouraging.

Pretty much anybody else ive seen would be competing with Landry Jones as the backup as their bar of potential. Davis has the physical tools but i think we can find that in say A more intriguing Josh Allen next year as a possible late 1st so long as he continues to develop.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because I have Mahomes pegged down as a potential first-round pick for the Steelers DOESN'T means I think of Mahomes as a 1st round prospect.

It has nothing to do with my ranking, had you seen my ranking for the prospects, Mahomes aren't there.

It has a lot to do with how they can find players now and later. You have to factor in the fact it is easier to develop a prospect now than later, this includes the free agents too. Todd Haley is a guy who likes his offense being run detailed.

We all saw how involved Big Ben was in the process of the visits with draft prospects, I have to take this notion seriously, I do believe we will target a quarterback in first three rounds and not just; an offensive weapon too.

So, do expect this, whether it is a wide receiver or tight end, expect a quarterback in there.

I fully expect to see the draft goes something like this:

QB
WR/TE
EDGE
CB

none in particular order.

I like Brad Kaaya too, but I just don't see him succeeding much.

Mahomes have the stones you want in a quarterback and if anything, he's your 80's, gunslinger.

It's what separating Dak Prescott and Russell Wilson from others.

Mahomes, by the way, reminds me of Brett Favre.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eastern Kentucky OLB Samson Ebukam to meet Steelers today in Pittsburgh. Ebukam has 4.50 speed and has experience as pass rusher and in coverage. Interesting guy. https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/851100351965089792

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Eastern Kentucky OLB Samson Ebukam to meet Steelers today in Pittsburgh. Ebukam has 4.50 speed and has experience as pass rusher and in coverage. Interesting guy. https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/851100351965089792

Arm, you seem to have the pulse of all these obscure OLB prospects, would you be willing to do a write up on say your favorite 8-10 OLB guys in the 4th rd or later?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that Tim Williams had a private workout with the Steelers. and found this. Unconfirmed until a Pittsburgh reporter reports it.

Quote:
#Alabama Edge Tim Williams told me he has already had private workouts with #49ers #Bills #Ravens #Steelers #Jets #Colts #Seahawks pic.twitter.com/DskZDkUYT8
Jared Tokarz (@NFLDraftInsider) April 7, 2017

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
I heard that Tim Williams had a private workout with the Steelers. and found this. Unconfirmed until a Pittsburgh reporter reports it.

Quote:
#Alabama Edge Tim Williams told me he has already had private workouts with #49ers #Bills #Ravens #Steelers #Jets #Colts #Seahawks pic.twitter.com/DskZDkUYT8

Best pure pass rusher in the draft (imo) but doesn't seem to be a Steeler player given the off the field stuff.

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

They Butlered themselves. Laughing
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Quote:

Best pure pass rusher in the draft (imo) but doesn't seem to be a Steeler player given the off the field stuff.

I'm in the minority who feel that Williams isn't a good rusher. He is explosive off the LOS but doesn't understand leverage. Too often he runs by the QB instead of spinning inside.He is my least favorite pass rusher to watch.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
waffles7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Quote:

I'm in the minority who feel that Williams isn't a good rusher. He is explosive off the LOS but doesn't understand leverage. Too often he runs by the QB instead of spinning inside.He is my least favorite pass rusher to watch.

The feelings are mutual Arm. I do love his burst off the line and feel his explosion is one of his greatest tools as a pass rusher but I do not view him as a finisher. Too often when I watched Bama he'd continually overshadowed by Ryan Anderson. I don't see Tim Williams as being a first round talent, second round, sure.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williams looks like a complete OLB on film but his combine numbers give me pause on how explosive he is as an athlete. 2nd round sounds about right for him.

Chieferific

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd Rd for me too but that has more to do with the fact I think he'll be there moreso than because of his ability.

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

They Butlered themselves. Laughing

Last edited by Chieferific on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bob Labriola‏Verified account @BobLabriola

Draft visitors for Monday: QB Nate Peterman: LB Sam Ebukam

https://twitter.com/BobLabriola/status/851455192839053313

KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think the chances are of Derek Barnett being available at 30? I finally started watching some film, and he really impressed me. He looks like the type of player who can take a game over. Question is can he be a full time OLB?

Props to CalhounLambeau
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJtheWicked wrote:
What do you guys think the chances are of Derek Barnett being available at 30? I finally started watching some film, and he really impressed me. He looks like the type of player who can take a game over. Question is can he be a full time OLB?

zero percent. 2nd best EDGE rusher in the draft. Has all the techniques and very few downsides. Will be the 2nd or 3rd Edge off the board.

Remember that GB has the same needs and looks at the some types of players as the Steelers. The Steelers would have to trade in front of GB to get any EDGE player they covet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: