You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

offical visits
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: offical visits Reply with quote

Confirmed Visits:
1. Pat Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech Post-Gazette (1)
2. Takkarist McKinley, EDGE, UCLA Bob Labriola (1)
3. Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vandy Bob Labriola (1)
4. Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama Bob Labriola (1)
5. Budda Baker, S, Washington Bob Labriola (1 or 2)
6. Obi Melifonwu, S, UConn Bob Labriola (1 or 2)
7. Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama Bob Labriola (2)
8. Jarrad Davis, ILB, Florida Bob Labriola (2)
9. Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State Bob Labriola (2)
10. Derek Rivers, EDGE, Youngstown State Bob Labriola (2)
11. Josh Jones, SS, NC State Bob Labriola (2)
12. Jalen Myrick, CB, Minnesota Bob Labriola (2 or 3)
13. Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan Bob Labriola (3)
14. Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia Bob Labriola (3 or 4)
15. Carroll Phillips, OLB, Illinois Bob Labriola (4)
16. Kenny Golladay, WR, Northern Illinois Post-Gazette (4)
17. Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova Bob Labriola (4 or 5)
18. Shelton Gibson, WR, West Virginia Bob Labriola (5)
19. Mack Hollins, WR, North Carolina Bob Labriola (5)
20. Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M Post-Gazette (5)
21. Josh Dobbs, QB, Tennessee Post-Gazette (6)
22. Javancy Jones, EDGE, Jackson State Ray Fittipaldo (6)
23. Samson Ebukam, OLB, Eastern Washington Bob Labriola (7/UDFA)
24. Keion Adams, EDGE, Western Michigan Bob Labriola (7/UDFA)
25. Jason Croom, TE, Tennessee Bob Labriola (7/UDFA)
26. Pita Taumoepenu, EDGE, Utah Bob Labriola (7/UDFA)
27. Francis Kallon, DE, Georgia Tech Bob Labriola (7/UDFA)
28. Patrick Gamble, DE, Georgia Tech Bob Labriola (7/UDFA)

Total - 28

By Position:
QB 2, RB 0, TE 1, WR 5, OL 0

DL 3, OLB/Edge 8, ILB 2, CB 4, S 3

Local Visits:
Nate Peterman, QB, Pitt Bob Labriola (3 or 4)
James Conner, RB, Pitt Bob Labriola (4)
Treyvon Hester, DT, Toledo Bob Labriola (6 or 7)
Montae Nicholson, SS, Michigan State Bob Labriola (7/UDFA) - Local visit per Kaboly
Scott Orndoff, TE, Pitt Ray Fittipaldo (7/UDFA)
Ryan Lewis, CB, Pitt Bob Labriola (7/UDFA)

Unconfirmed:
Davis Webb, QB, Cal Steelers Depot (2 or 3)
Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio State BTSC (2)
Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami Steelers Depot (3 or 4)

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll

Last edited by jebrick on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:34 am; edited 19 times in total
Chieferific

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: offical visits Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Pat Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech Post-Gazette (Round 1)--No thanks due to the high pick it will take.

Kenny Golladay, WR, Northern Illinois Post-Gazette (Round 4)--Tall with some speed. Wouldn't mind it though I think there will be better options

Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M Post-Gazette (Round 5)--See above. They seem to be targeting a certain type of WR

Josh Dobbs, QB, Tennessee Post-Gazette (Round 6)--I can see the attraction but as a Vols fan I can tell you he's gonna take a loooong time to develop

Javancy Jones, EDGE, Jackson State Ray Fittipaldo (Round 6)--I've seen him mentioned quite a bit on here but know little about him

Scott Orndoff, TE, Pitt Ray Fittipaldo (Round 7/UDFA) (local visit)--Lots to like. A late Rdr with some intriguing qualities

Overall an unimpressive list. The other list seemed a bit more lengthy with some more attractive prospects.

I really like Javancy Jones for a late round pick.
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They continue to show interest in Mahomes and Dobbs...I expect them to being in Kaaya from Miami as well..Tomlin/Colbert did pro day and dinner previously.

This draft is going tobe weird....defense needs more impact talent but offense needs depth at skill positions...might be more offensive picks they 4 rounds come draft weekend as I expect them to pick a TE and RB by end of rd 4.
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
UCLA edge rusher Takkarist McKinley is visiting the Browns, Steelers, Ravens and Bengals this week.
This is an interesting little AFC North tour for Mr. McKinley. The Steelers and Ravens may not have access to him, barring a trade up the board. A top-10 possibility, McKinley could make sense for the Bengals at No. 9 or the Browns at No. 12. Of course, Cleveland is almost assuredly going to have taken Myles Garrett at No. 1 by then.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Apr 3 - 6:03 PM

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
jcm412

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Quote:
UCLA edge rusher Takkarist McKinley is visiting the Browns, Steelers, Ravens and Bengals this week.
This is an interesting little AFC North tour for Mr. McKinley. The Steelers and Ravens may not have access to him, barring a trade up the board. A top-10 possibility, McKinley could make sense for the Bengals at No. 9 or the Browns at No. 12. Of course, Cleveland is almost assuredly going to have taken Myles Garrett at No. 1 by then.

Dude is a hack. McKinley is not a top 10 or top 15 pick.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcm412 wrote:
jebrick wrote:
Quote:

He is an off ball LB in my eyes. Explosive but not a natural pass rusher. Hopefully he'll be gone before we pick.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#NCState S Josh Jones, who worked out for the #Titans today, is visiting the #Vikings tomorrow, source said. #Browns, #Steelers, #Bears loom

jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bob Labriola‏Verified account @BobLabriola

Draft visitors: CB Jourdan Lewis, OLB Derek Rivers, S Monte Nicholson, OLB Takkarist McKinley

waffles7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Quote:
Bob Labriola‏Verified account @BobLabriola

Draft visitors: CB Jourdan Lewis, OLB Derek Rivers, S Monte Nicholson, OLB Takkarist McKinley

I am a big fan of Jourdan Lewis! I feel since unfortunate timing with his alleged domestic violence, he will there come round two and possibly even round 3. I think he has the ability to step in day one and compete against Gay for the nickel spot. A combo of Watt/Lawson/Harris and Lewis in the first two rounds would make me a happy man.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
jcm412 wrote:
jebrick wrote:
Quote:

He is an off ball LB in my eyes. Explosive but not a natural pass rusher. Hopefully he'll be gone before we pick.

Give me a guy that never stops , has good burst off the edge. Excellent size to speed ratio and hustles to the ball all over the field. Power to bull rush . Capable of dropping etc.

I too feel that the Steelers will have to trade up to get him as its looking the furthest he will make it down the board is to our rival the Ravens.

Teach this guy a few counter moves and work on those hands, hell introduce him to a Tai Kwon Do instructor aka Greg Lloyd Wink and get those hands workin in his favor and he'll be a menace.

However one thing I think this defense needs severely is an outwardly vocal energy player/leader. Somebody that sparks the defense. We have talkers in Mitchell and Gay, but I dont think this defense has that guy yet that takes them to a higher level, makes them believe they cant be beat or that gives them energy that makes them want to take on all comers.

Im not in love with Jabril Peppers as far as being our 1st round pick but I think he has that type of energy. Jamal Adams as well.
Steeler Hitman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
jcm412 wrote:
jebrick wrote:
Quote:

Give me a guy that never stops , has good burst off the edge. Excellent size to speed ratio and hustles to the ball all over the field. Power to bull rush . Capable of dropping etc.

I too feel that the Steelers will have to trade up to get him as its looking the furthest he will make it down the board is to our rival the Ravens.

Teach this guy a few counter moves and work on those hands, hell introduce him to a Tae Kwon Do instructor aka Greg Lloyd Wink and get those hands working in his favor and he'll be a menace.

However one thing I think this defense needs severely is an outwardly vocal energy player/leader. Somebody that sparks the defense. We have talkers in Mitchell and Gay, but I dont think this defense has that guy yet that takes them to a higher level, makes them believe they cant be beat or that gives them energy that makes them want to take on all comers.

I'm not in love with Jabril Peppers as far as being our 1st round pick but I think he has that type of energy. Jamal Adams as well.

Nasty I said this same thing in another thread post. This team has been lacking a serious vocal leader like Greg Lloyd was back in the day. That is something that I do like about Peppers as well. I would not mind seeing that type of leader brought onto the Steelers.

I am also lobbying for Adoree Jackson at CB as well. I want to see the Steelers with big play players who can create the splash plays, provide leadership, and help on special teams. Jackson, Burns and Golson will give the Steelers three good and young CB's going forward for years to come.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, I don't get the love for Takkarist McKinley. He doesn't fit in the picture at all.

Isn't a good pass rusher, can't be relied on to drop in the coverage, and plays too upright and stiff (Jason Worilds, anyone?).

The closer we get to the draft, more I would bank on us drafting a quarterback in the first three rounds. No, I don't like it but it is what it is. If anything, this may be a good year to do it. There are no surefire quarterbacks in this draft and those quarterbacks actually have high ceilings, especially Mahomes. I actually see Mahomes as the next Tony Romo.

It will be anything like this;

1st round). Patrick Mahomes
2nd round). Davis Webb
3rd round). Brad Kaaya.

I'm counting on Kaaya and I dislike him the most.

Anyway...! I'm hoping we target a defensive back in the first. The draft visits haven't really indicate anything so far, not so good.
waffles7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the discussions I've seen recently regarding players like McKinley, the Bama duo, Lawson, etc. I haven't seen a lot of talk about TJ Watt on here. And before I go further, excuse me for purposing this question in this thread but thought it was semi appropriate since some were having discussions on pass rushers. I am curious on your guys' thoughts on TJ.

Now beings, we officially met with him at the Scouting Combine and I believe Colbert and Tomlin spent time at Wisconsin's pro day, I doubt we see TJ make another visit. However the interest from the organization has been expressed I feel yet the fan base has been silent.

Not saying its a good or bad thing because I understand we have no say in their board or who will be the selection come draft day but I think TJ is my man crush as the draft grows near. I admit I did not have the opportunity to watch as much college ball as I have in years past and am trying to catch up on players rapidly day by day but when games were on I found myself wanting to checkout Wisconsin because of Watt. From the games I was fortunate enough to watch, he continually struck me as a high IQ guy who had a nose for the football. I love his experience playing in the 3-4 and the versatility he could bring to our front 7, having moved all around the Badger defensive front. I think he does a fabulous job using his hands and playing with leverage. From listening to him break down film and things of that nature too, he seems extremely coachable and mindful of implementing what coaches say throughout the week, come gameday. I think there's obviously room for him to grow in all areas: building a pass rush repertoire, putting on some muscle to bulk up against the run, etc but I would love to see him come off the board at #30. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like TJ Watt. Not as a 1st round pick, though.

I do like how TJ Watt could fit in our hybrid defense and play as an OLB in the 3-4 defense. He's just raw.

If he does develop, he could easily be the next Clay Matthews... If the players we wanted in 1st aren't there and we can't trade down, I will understand the pick, though.
jcm412

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not in love with the TJ Watt pick, but I would be Ok with it. I like his motor and hands.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: