You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Other Guys - Potential First Rounders
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roger murdock

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: The Other Guys - Potential First Rounders Reply with quote

Almost all of our focus on 1 & 12 has been on Garrett, Allen, Hooker, Peppers, Adams, Trubisky, Watson, Kiser, Mahommes, Lattimore, Fournett, OJ Howard etc....

Lets discuss the guys we haven't discussed that much, because there is a damn good chance we end up with one of them.

Guys like:

Derek Barnett
Dalvin Cook
Haasan Riddick
Corey Davis
Marlon Humphrey
Gereon Conley
David Njoku
Christian McAfferey
Malik McDowell
Ryan Ramcyzk
John Ross
Takkarist McKinley

Anyone you in particular like? Any you would like at 12? Willing to go out on a limb for or against any of them?

This is the place.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Barnett, but I don't think we'll be in the market.

Hard pass on RB's, Ross and McKinley.

McDowell is gonna free fall IMO.

I like Williams, Davis, Njoku.

Conley is a guy I'd look for at 33.
MWil23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go with either Davis, Williams, or Conley.

I know a lot of people love Barnett, but I personally think if we go Garrett and then already have Ogbah, that's a poor value pick (I know...BPA and all, multiple pass rushers and all...but still). Conley would be a nice get for our woeful secondary, and I think that Davis and Williams are potential playmakers and difference makers.

I'd love to have a difference making skill player at #12 if we don't go QB personally.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This cornerback class is too good to justify taking one at #12 in my opinion. If we could get Lattimore I might think about it based on the board, as he's the clear cut (IMO) #1 corner in this great class. He's in tier 1 by himself. Tier 2 is riddled with guys. Tier 2 guys will be had in rounds 5/6 this year. Taking a tier 2 guy at #12 overall seems dumb to me.

I love Davis and like Williams. I like Ross too, but he's not on the level of Davis and Williams in my opinion. He's more of a #33 possibility, although he'll be gone. Njoku is not on the same level as Howard. Howard is an option at #12. Njoku, IMO, is not.

We aren't going to double down on DE's at #1 and #12. We already have (in theory) Garrett, Ogbah, and Nassib.

No interior DL are worthy of that #12 pick unless for some reason Allen falls.

Ryan Ramczyk is too raw to take at #12 in my opinion. I prefer Cam Robinson, but I don't think I'd take him at #12 with the other holes that exist on this team. He's going to be good though.

Christian McCaffrey is interesting to me. Not necessarily as a RB either. I feel like he could be the best WR from this class. Yes, WR. I have been saying this for a while. He's in the 99th percentile when it comes to smooth moving athletes. He runs hard between the tackles. He has a nice stiff arm. He has breakaway speed. His jukes are incredible. Nearly impossible to bring down in space. Elite vision. If we drafted him, I'd expect him to never come off the field. You could have Gordon and Britt outside. Coleman in one slot. McCaffrey in the other. Crowell in the backfield. Or swap Crow out with Caff and run with a TE (Barnidge).

Hasson Reddick is too similar to what we already have. We have plenty of +athlete LB's that can blitz and cover. We need a truly rugged thumper that rips heads off and shuts down the run. Reddick doesn't really have that kind of value to me. If we didn't get Collins last year, acquiring Reddick at #12 would make a lot of sense. I like Reddick a lot, but he's a pure SLB or a 3-4 WILB to me. He isn't a true MLB and we already have Kirksey at WILL. I think Jarrad Davis might be more on our radar at pick #12, but I'd pass on that as well.
bosko1616

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about trading back into the late first for Njuko

1. Garrett DE
1. Trubisky QB
1. Njuko TE
MWil23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:

1. Garrett DE
1. Trubisky QB
1. Njuko TE

No thanks. I don't want to trade back into the 1st for anything other than a QB personally...unless someone very unexpected falls.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:

1. Garrett DE
1. Trubisky QB
1. Njuko TE

No thanks. I don't want to trade back into the 1st for anything other than a QB personally...unless someone very unexpected falls.

Agreed.

Also, I really think fans need to prepare for the idea that they aren't going to do much trading up, it doesn't make sense analytically.
MWil23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:

1. Garrett DE
1. Trubisky QB
1. Njuko TE

Agreed.

Also, I really think fans need to prepare for the idea that they aren't going to do much trading up, it doesn't make sense analytically.

Yeah, unless they want that 5th year contract option on a QB.

Parlay that with Depo's interview about more draft picks equaling more opportunities to get better players and admitting he didn't think that their scouts somehow were any better than other teams (analytically speaking), their best chances of getting better players is with more picks. He then admitted to copying Jimmy Johnson's philosophy and saying he was one of his heroes, even insinuating that perhaps he'd talked with him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Corey Davis or the best upgrade for our secondary, which I think would be a safety like Obi Melifonwu.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCBrowns21 wrote:
Give me Corey Davis or the best upgrade for our secondary, which I think would be a safety like Obi Melifonwu.

What makes a guy like Melifonwu worth a top 15 pick when no one had him in round one prior to the combine?

He's, at best, the 4th highest rated safety and that's probably generous.
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
JCBrowns21 wrote:

What makes a guy like Melifonwu worth a top 15 pick when no one had him in round one prior to the combine?

Quite a few people had him as a late 1st rounder. I think scouts liked him more than casuals. He has really good tape, particularly in coverage. His size would lead you to believe he's a stiff box safety, but he moves like a corner and isn't a great box player. He's not a bad tackler, but it's not notable as a strength. I think there are better players at 12, but arguably not any with the upside of Melifonwu. I have him neck and neck with Peppers as safety prospects.
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big Derek Barnett fan. If we weren't going with Garrett (which we would be idiotic not to), Barnett would be my pick opposite of Ogbah. I have seen mocks with him into the 20's, I cannot imagine him making it out of the top 10. Production and tenacity in both the pass and run defense.

I like both the corners (Conley and Humphrey), I don't see 3 of OSUs defensive back field going in the first round. That would be insane. I think Conley ends up in the early to mid second round. Humphrey could be a top 10 pick. Him and Tabor were the draft communities favorites coming out of the season.

McDowell could go either way. If he played consistent he could be a top 10 guy. But his lack of desire puts a big question mark on him for me. I could see him being available at 52 or picked in the mid to high teens.

I really like the running backs, but Mixon is my favorite of the bunch and might be available in the 3rd-4th round.

John Ross is impressive, I just don't think he is a fit for our team right now. We don't have that down field passing threat, but watching him, Coleman, and Gordon run under balls from a strong armed QB would be enticing.

Not interested in LBers early. We have two very good ones and one that is average. Draft mid rounds and develop them like we did with Kirksey.
roger murdock

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally really like Njoku and hes one of my main targets if we slide back or move up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
I personally really like Njoku and hes one of my main targets if we slide back or move up.

I agree, especially if we draft a QB. Need to give whoever it is weapons around him.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
JCBrowns21 wrote:

Quite a few people had him as a late 1st rounder. I think scouts liked him more than casuals. He has really good tape, particularly in coverage. His size would lead you to believe he's a stiff box safety, but he moves like a corner and isn't a great box player. He's not a bad tackler, but it's not notable as a strength. I think there are better players at 12, but arguably not any with the upside of Melifonwu. I have him neck and neck with Peppers as safety prospects.

Cool, so the 3rd/4th best safety going at 12. Sounds great.

I'll bite, show me a mock of anyone with the national/local media (not just some random dude) who had him in the top 25 before the combine.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: