Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tyler735 Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tyler735

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Tyler735 Mock Draft Reply with quote

I'm doing a mock with no trades. I however do still think it's possible we end up trading for Butler at some point.

11. Christian McCaffrey RB- Stanford

I've been very vocal about this pick on this board, and it just makes too much sense to not pick him up as he has a rare skillset that fits perfect with this offense. Instant difference maker on day 1 rushing, receiving, and returning. Picking him also gives this offense a new gamebreaking threat with the loss of Cooks.

32. Takkarist McKinley OLB/DE- UCLA

It's no secret that we need help on defense. We especially need help at OLB/DE. This is a guy that has excellent athleticism, and showed skills on the field as well. I think he is an early contributer for this defense. Also I do like the fact that UCLA seems to be producing giid pros that are ready to play the past few years (Anthony Barr, Eric Kendricks, Myles Jack)

42. TJ Watt OLB/DE- Wisconsin

I would like to double up if he's still on the board here. As mentioned before we need help at OLB/DE. We don't know how Kikaha is going to recover from his injury, so best case scenario we have Kikaha, Watt, and McKinley as versatile guys that can play OLB/DE and be moved around...And most importantly they can help generate a much improved pass rush from different parts of the field. I really do think the trio of Cameron Jordan, Nick Fairley, and Sheldon Rankins can be the start to a very good D-line. Having these other guys rotating on that last DE spot and OLB would be huge.

76. Sidney Jones CB- Washington

Obviously this guy is a bit of a risk with the injury, but I think in the 3rd round he is worth the risk as he was one of the best CBs in this class prior to the injury. We need some help at CB and while he may have to redshirt this year, he could turn out to be a steal in the future for us.

103. Jourdan Lewis CB- Michigan

As mentioned before we need help at CB. Obviously the pick of Sidney Jones isn't going to help much as a rookie. However Lewis is a guy that isn't an elite athlete and doesn't have great size, but the guy can plain and simple play football at a very high level. He is great in coverage and has shown that despite not having great timed speed can make some excellent plays on the ball. He was recently involved in a Domestic Incident, so I'm not sure what will come of that, so if something more comes of the incident I think a guy like Teez Tabor might drop a bit and would also be a good selection.

196. Ishmael Zamora WR- Baylor

Now I know some may groan at another pick for the offense but I'm a firm believer in taking guys you think can contribute and be difference makers for the team instead of picking just for need...Especially late in the draft. Ishmael obviously has the character concerns with the dog incident. However in the 6th round I think he is more than worth the risk as he has number 1 WR potential. Wouldn't be surprised to see him drafted much earlier but you just never know how teams will approach character issues. If guys like Cook and Mixon are going to be drafted early I see no reason why Zamora isn't given a shot.

229. BPA

I know I didn't address safety or MLB. I currently think that our safetys of Vaccaro, Vonn Bell, and Rafael Bush will be fine. I think with what should be a much improved pass rush with the moves this offseason it should take some pressure of them as well.

As for MLB, I really like the signing of AJ Klein. Also signing Manti Teo, and having Stephone Anthony who could still rebound from a bad year, I'm willing to give them a chance to see if one of them can effectively take the MLB spot
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off:

Who is we? Laughing do you just not post on the Saints board? No offense, just don't recognize your name.

Secondly, I'd hate McCaffrey with the first pick but at the same time I just know if he is there Payton is gonna take him so I am becoming more comfortable with the pick. All in all, I wouldn't complain much about this draft outside of the fact that I don't believe Watt will be there by our 42nd overall pick.

I agree with the Klein comment especially.

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
tyler735

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
First off:

Who is we? Laughing do you just not post on the Saints board? No offense, just don't recognize your name.

Secondly, I'd hate McCaffrey with the first pick but at the same time I just know if he is there Payton is gonna take him so I am becoming more comfortable with the pick. All in all, I wouldn't complain much about this draft outside of the fact that I don't believe Watt will be there by our 42nd overall pick.

Been a Saints fan since around 2000. Still have my Deuce McCallister and Aaron Brooks jerseys from way back lol. I typically don't post much on this Saints forum as there just isn't much activity on here compared to a lot of the other team forums on this website. That said hopefully that changes a bit in the future, and there's some more activity around here.

I get the concern with the McCaffrey pick, but I just think he makes a huge impact right away for us. I do however think it is justifiable to go offense with so many picks early in the draft, and having so much depth in this draft at CB/OLB/DE where we can likely find some good starters at with our next 4 picks.

That definitely is possible with Watt being picked before 42, which if that is the case I think there will be some very talented CB's on the board at 42 with so many guys being lumped together with similar grades (TreDavious White, Gareon Conley, Cordrea Tankersley, Adoree, Jackson, Kevin King, Chidobe Awuzie, etc.). I'd imagine a couple of these guys will still be on the board at 42 as there are so many talented CB's and I just don't think there will be enough demand in the first 42 picks for them all to be picked. Or could look to grab a guy like Carl Lawson/DeMarcus Walker as well at 42.

Yeah I'm really excited to see what Klein can do. He had played pretty well while filling in for Kuechly last year, and is still young.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:
First off:

Been a Saints fan since around 2000. Still have my Deuce McCallister and Aaron Brooks jerseys from way back lol. I typically don't post much on this Saints forum as there just isn't much activity on here compared to a lot of the other team forums on this website. That said hopefully that changes a bit in the future, and there's some more activity around here.

I get the concern with the McCaffrey pick, but I just think he makes a huge impact right away for us. I do however think it is justifiable to go offense with so many picks early in the draft, and having so much depth in this draft at CB/OLB/DE where we can likely find some good starters at with our next 4 picks.

That definitely is possible with Watt being picked before 42, which if that is the case I think there will be some very talented CB's on the board at 42 with so many guys being lumped together with similar grades (TreDavious White, Gareon Conley, Cordrea Tankersley, Adoree, Jackson, Kevin King, Chidobe Awuzie, etc.). I'd imagine a couple of these guys will still be on the board at 42 as there are so many talented CB's and I just don't think there will be enough demand in the first 42 picks for them all to be picked. Or could look to grab a guy like Carl Lawson/DeMarcus Walker as well at 42.

Yeah I'm really excited to see what Klein can do. He had played pretty well while filling in for Kuechly last year, and is still young.

Be the change you want to see in the world, post more. Laughing

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
tyler735

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:
First off:

Be the change you want to see in the world, post more. Laughing

Laughing fair point!
FLOODx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like this draft.

mike23md on the sig
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love, love, love this mock. Petermann IMO would be an absolute steal!

Mid Iowa wrote:
trade Browner to Canada for a tub of fine Maple syrup, and call it a night.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw you refer to the Saints using "we" in another thread and was like wtf?

Welcome to the forum, most more. Please. Laughing

I think TJ Watt goes day 1 or at #33.
tyler735

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks will definitely have to this season!

Probably right on Watt, but then again the draft seems to always be full of surprises, so maybe this year we will have some good fortune with all these early picks.
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:

Would you be opposed to #32 if he is there?

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
tyler735

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:

Would you be opposed to #32 if he is there?

I think either McKinley or Watt at 32 would be a good pick. Obviously in my mock I am hoping for a best case scenario type situation with Watt at 42, but really I'd be happy with either one at 32.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be great with McCaffrey and Watt with our first round.

We can draft nothing but corners after that, I don't care.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Tyler too, by the way. Cool
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:

Same.

Not really, but it's really close so I'm counting it. Laughing

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:

Same.

Not really, but it's really close so I'm counting it. Laughing
Tylerooski? Is it Tylerooski?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: