You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - 52-41 - Magic Number: 66
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 52, 53, 54  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 35224
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Guerra's been in the mid-90s with his fastball tonight. Which is encouraging.
_________________

Props to mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 35224
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
And Guerra's been in the mid-90s with his fastball tonight. Which is encouraging.
nevermind
_________________

Props to mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 35224
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 runs on 13 hits. Solid work fellas.
_________________

Props to mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 74921
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
3 runs on 13 hits. Solid work fellas.
It's what they do, my friend. All or nothing baseball at its finest.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 14803
Location: Green Bay for the summer.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see the game last night but my hubby told me Santana got called out running the bases because an ump thought the ball hit him as he ran by? From the looks of the replay it never touched him but that call isn't reviewable. Confused I wonder why...? There evidently was another lovely third strike 3 call that was pretty bad. Hubby said Shaw slammed his helmet down and got tossed. Did he appear to say anything to the home plate ump? I guess Counsell was tossed too. I'm kinda glad I didn't see any of this garbage. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 35224
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There evidently was another lovely third strike 3 call that was pretty bad. Hubby said Shaw slammed his helmet down and got tossed. Did he appear to say anything to the home plate ump? I guess Counsell was tossed too. I'm kinda glad I didn't see any of this garbage.
Yeah, third called strike was pretty clearly outside, Shaw slammed his bat down and walked away and got tossed. Didn't look like he said anything. Given that it was a one-run game in the 8th, you'd think they would give a little leeway. And then Counsell was his typical calm self and was ejected after about 15 seconds.
_________________

Props to mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SplashDive


Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 5446
Location: Eagan, Minnesota
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
There evidently was another lovely third strike 3 call that was pretty bad. Hubby said Shaw slammed his helmet down and got tossed. Did he appear to say anything to the home plate ump? I guess Counsell was tossed too. I'm kinda glad I didn't see any of this garbage.
Yeah, third called strike was pretty clearly outside, Shaw slammed his bat down and walked away and got tossed. Didn't look like he said anything. Given that it was a one-run game in the 8th, you'd think they would give a little leeway. And then Counsell was his typical calm self and was ejected after about 15 seconds.


Keon's k in the 9th was bad as well. It was the same spot that Shaw's was.
_________________

Props to El ramster for the sick sig!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 35224
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SplashDive wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
There evidently was another lovely third strike 3 call that was pretty bad. Hubby said Shaw slammed his helmet down and got tossed. Did he appear to say anything to the home plate ump? I guess Counsell was tossed too. I'm kinda glad I didn't see any of this garbage.
Yeah, third called strike was pretty clearly outside, Shaw slammed his bat down and walked away and got tossed. Didn't look like he said anything. Given that it was a one-run game in the 8th, you'd think they would give a little leeway. And then Counsell was his typical calm self and was ejected after about 15 seconds.


Keon's k in the 9th was bad as well. It was the same spot that Shaw's was.
I've found the strike zone consistency to be absolutely brutal this year. Not just the Brewers, but across baseball I have no idea how an ump is going to call a pitch on a night-to-night basis.
_________________

Props to mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SplashDive


Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 5446
Location: Eagan, Minnesota
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
SplashDive wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
There evidently was another lovely third strike 3 call that was pretty bad. Hubby said Shaw slammed his helmet down and got tossed. Did he appear to say anything to the home plate ump? I guess Counsell was tossed too. I'm kinda glad I didn't see any of this garbage.
Yeah, third called strike was pretty clearly outside, Shaw slammed his bat down and walked away and got tossed. Didn't look like he said anything. Given that it was a one-run game in the 8th, you'd think they would give a little leeway. And then Counsell was his typical calm self and was ejected after about 15 seconds.


Keon's k in the 9th was bad as well. It was the same spot that Shaw's was.
I've found the strike zone consistency to be absolutely brutal this year. Not just the Brewers, but across baseball I have no idea how an ump is going to call a pitch on a night-to-night basis.


Yeah I agree.

On the Keon subject when do we just turn the keys over to Brinson or Phillips. Is in is so bipolar at the plate.
_________________

Props to El ramster for the sick sig!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 14803
Location: Green Bay for the summer.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SplashDive wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
SplashDive wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
There evidently was another lovely third strike 3 call that was pretty bad. Hubby said Shaw slammed his helmet down and got tossed. Did he appear to say anything to the home plate ump? I guess Counsell was tossed too. I'm kinda glad I didn't see any of this garbage.
Yeah, third called strike was pretty clearly outside, Shaw slammed his bat down and walked away and got tossed. Didn't look like he said anything. Given that it was a one-run game in the 8th, you'd think they would give a little leeway. And then Counsell was his typical calm self and was ejected after about 15 seconds.


Keon's k in the 9th was bad as well. It was the same spot that Shaw's was.
I've found the strike zone consistency to be absolutely brutal this year. Not just the Brewers, but across baseball I have no idea how an ump is going to call a pitch on a night-to-night basis.


Yeah I agree.

On the Keon subject when do we just turn the keys over to Brinson or Phillips. Is in is so bipolar at the plate.


Perhaps we could have Brinson or Phillips start and put Keon in later for his defense?

I was not thrilled with Counsell for taking Aguilar out and keeping Thames in at first later in the game. Eric is just not seeing the ball well and is almost a sure out at the plate. Jesus is one of the few guys who is actually hitting. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SplashDive


Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 5446
Location: Eagan, Minnesota
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
SplashDive wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
SplashDive wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
There evidently was another lovely third strike 3 call that was pretty bad. Hubby said Shaw slammed his helmet down and got tossed. Did he appear to say anything to the home plate ump? I guess Counsell was tossed too. I'm kinda glad I didn't see any of this garbage.
Yeah, third called strike was pretty clearly outside, Shaw slammed his bat down and walked away and got tossed. Didn't look like he said anything. Given that it was a one-run game in the 8th, you'd think they would give a little leeway. And then Counsell was his typical calm self and was ejected after about 15 seconds.


Keon's k in the 9th was bad as well. It was the same spot that Shaw's was.
I've found the strike zone consistency to be absolutely brutal this year. Not just the Brewers, but across baseball I have no idea how an ump is going to call a pitch on a night-to-night basis.


Yeah I agree.

On the Keon subject when do we just turn the keys over to Brinson or Phillips. Is in is so bipolar at the plate.


Perhaps we could have Brinson or Phillips start and put Keon in later for his defense?

I was not thrilled with Counsell for taking Aguilar out and keeping Thames in at first later in the game. Eric is just not seeing the ball well and is almost a sure out at the plate. Jesus is one of the few guys who is actually hitting. Sad



Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think Keon is better defensively than Brinson. He is probably a notch above Phillips but I don't think Keon does anything better than Brinson right now.
_________________

Props to El ramster for the sick sig!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SplashDive


Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 5446
Location: Eagan, Minnesota
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torres is straight up trash.
_________________

Props to El ramster for the sick sig!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 35224
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SplashDive wrote:
Torres is straight up trash.
Bullpen has come plummeting back down to earth after that great stretch. And it's probably time for you to sign up for the beta. I can't be making the same posts in both Brewers threads. Laughing
_________________

Props to mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SplashDive


Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 5446
Location: Eagan, Minnesota
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
SplashDive wrote:
Torres is straight up trash.
Bullpen has come plummeting back down to earth after that great stretch. And it's probably time for you to sign up for the beta. I can't be making the same posts in both Brewers threads. Laughing


Lol not even sure where to do that lol

I kid I kid I just asked if they still needed beta testers.
_________________

Props to El ramster for the sick sig!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 19293
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stearns would be smart to hold off anything until the Cubs series. About 36 hrs to get something done after the last game. The way we're playing that could be ugly. I just hope we call up some of Webb, Wang, Archer, Goforth, Jungmann, Ramirez, Taylor Williams, etc... In Aug/Sep. I'd rather pitch some young guys and see if we can find something there in the pen for next year than keep throwing crap like Torres, Hughes, Scahill etc...

Ideally next year Hader is a starter. That leaves Barnes, Knebel, Blazek and maybe Drake as guys I want in the pen. I just would rather spend any money we do spend on a starter, not a bunch of relievers. Stay cheap there.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 53 of 54

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group