You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - 52-41 - Magic Number: 66
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 74921
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3-1 count...pop up.

Perez needs to learn how to take a damn pitch
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 35224
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrett Cooper is starting to look pretty good.
_________________

Props to mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 74921
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Garrett Cooper is starting to look pretty good.
I simply don't understand why we continue to employ scrub [inappropriate/removed] relievers when we have kids that can do it in the minors.

Blazek, Williams, Wang, etc

Just doesn't make any damn sense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PaulWall_23


Joined: 08 Jan 2007
Posts: 3072
Location: Mil,Wisc
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggio7 wrote:
What could they get for Braun?


A bag of peanuts.

Would love to see how much money you'd make parlaying daily a Cubs win + Brewers loss post all-star break. 2-0 so far.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SplashDive


Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 5446
Location: Eagan, Minnesota
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently we are interested in Neshek. I think that is a bigger need than a starter and it shouldn't cost us as much
_________________

Props to El ramster for the sick sig!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ramssuperbowl99


Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Posts: 35257
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SplashDive wrote:
Apparently we are interested in Neshek. I think that is a bigger need than a starter and it shouldn't cost us as much
I would be okay with that. We need a bullpen guy that we can overuse honestly.
_________________

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 14803
Location: Green Bay for the summer.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
SplashDive wrote:
Apparently we are interested in Neshek. I think that is a bigger need than a starter and it shouldn't cost us as much
I would be okay with that. We need a bullpen guy that we can overuse honestly.


I think we should just stay the course and not be buyers this season. Even if we get another arm in the bullpen what good would it do? We aren't ready yet to contend for the NL pennant.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Booya


Joined: 11 Dec 2012
Posts: 12
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can add phelps to the list we are intrested in
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 74921
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SplashDive wrote:
Apparently we are interested in Neshek. I think that is a bigger need than a starter and it shouldn't cost us as much
We should've never let him leave Milwaukee
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 74921
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
SplashDive wrote:
Apparently we are interested in Neshek. I think that is a bigger need than a starter and it shouldn't cost us as much
I would be okay with that. We need a bullpen guy that we can overuse honestly.


I think we should just stay the course and not be buyers this season. Even if we get another arm in the bullpen what good would it do? We aren't ready yet to contend for the NL pennant.
Maybe not but you can bet your bottom dollar that Attanasio has his eye on that playoff revenue.

We go the cheap buy route, that's fine and hurts nothing. It's going all in that would be stupid. I have no problem buying a Sonny Gray if the price is right and I think that's exactly what Stearns' mindset is too.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 35224
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiura moved up to Appleton.
_________________

Props to mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ramssuperbowl99


Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Posts: 35257
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Maybe not but you can bet your bottom dollar that Attanasio has his eye on that playoff revenue
And he's not necessarily wrong. It's not the 1 WC game, it's the offseason of hype that the Brewers are already back which leads to the prospect of increasing attendance 25% (2.2M -> 2.8M) next year.

If you told the Brewers they could see their revenue go up 15% next year if they released Corbin Burnes, they'd do it in a heartbeat.
_________________

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SplashDive


Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 5446
Location: Eagan, Minnesota
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
SplashDive wrote:
Apparently we are interested in Neshek. I think that is a bigger need than a starter and it shouldn't cost us as much
I would be okay with that. We need a bullpen guy that we can overuse honestly.


I think we should just stay the course and not be buyers this season. Even if we get another arm in the bullpen what good would it do? We aren't ready yet to contend for the NL pennant.
Maybe not but you can bet your bottom dollar that Attanasio has his eye on that playoff revenue.

We go the cheap buy route, that's fine and hurts nothing. It's going all in that would be stupid. I have no problem buying a Sonny Gray if the price is right and I think that's exactly what Stearns' mindset is too.


If you believe last year was a blip on the radar for Sunny then I don't mind trading for Sonny either if the price is right because we can always flip him if we want.
_________________

Props to El ramster for the sick sig!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SplashDive


Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 5446
Location: Eagan, Minnesota
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ready for Brinson. Broxton is way too inconsistent. Bronson or Phillips can go out there and hit .225
_________________

Props to El ramster for the sick sig!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 35224
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SplashDive wrote:
I'm ready for Brinson. Broxton is way too inconsistent. Bronson or Phillips can go out there and hit .225

Agreed. These massive stretches of getting absolutely no production out of the 6/7 spot (wherever Broxton is batting on a given night) are killing me.
_________________

Props to mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 52 of 54

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group