Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A month out, my final Mock and trade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neauone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: A month out, my final Mock and trade Reply with quote

No surprise here, the Jets will pick a QB, but probably not the one we think with all the hoopla.

6. D. Watson QB
39. Melfonwu S
70. Joe Mixon RB
92. Pat Elflein C....Dallas trade for Richardson
107. George Kittle TE
150. De De Westbrook WR
191. Donnel Pumphrey RB
224. Josh Topou DT

Note: Jets miss out on Trubisky as he is drafted in top 5, leaving Watson for the Jets who along with Mr. T has visited or talked with the Jets more than 3 times but which has gone unreported to a great extent.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: A month out, my final Mock and trade Reply with quote

neauone wrote:
No surprise here, the Jets will pick a QB, but probably not the one we think with all the hoopla.

6. D. Watson QB
39. Melfonwu S
70. Joe Mixon RB
107. George Kittle TE
150. De De Westbrook WR
191. Donnel Pumphrey RB
224. Josh Topou DT

Note: Jets miss out on Trubisky as he is drafted in top 5, leaving Watson for the Jets who along with Mr. T has visited or talked with the Jets more than 3 times but which has gone unreported to a great extent.

Can't see Mac picking one of the QB's in the draft this year. That would be a panic move. And what is a Melfonwu ??
Rich51

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: A month out, my final Mock and trade Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
neauone wrote:

6. D. Watson QB
39. Melfonwu S
70. Joe Mixon RB
107. George Kittle TE
150. De De Westbrook WR
191. Donnel Pumphrey RB
224. Josh Topou DT

Can't see Mac picking one of the QB's in the draft this year. That would be a panic move. And what is a Melfonwu ??

Melifonwu is superman. He's 6'4 ran a 4.40 forty, jumped 11'9" broad and 44"vertical. On top of that he's actually a good football player. I personally don't see him getting out of the first but taking him would be a no brained if he's available in second.
neauone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Guarantee Reply with quote

I can tell you this much, the Jets will be taking a QB, Mac doesn't have another year either does the Coach.

They are in "panic mode" this is year three after a disasterous year 2 and an exceptional Fitz year followed by the usuall Fitz year.

This is a team without a QB and only question marks, Watson has a ton of upside.

Dak Prescott visted the Jets last year, they could have drafted him, the draft is a crap shoot.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Guarantee Reply with quote

neauone wrote:

I can tell you this much, the Jets will be taking a QB, Mac doesn't have another year either does the Coach.

They are in "panic mode" this is year three after a disasterous year 2 and an exceptional Fitz year followed by the usuall Fitz year.

This is a team without a QB and only question marks, Watson has a ton of upside.

Dak Prescott visted the Jets last year, they could have drafted him, the draft is a crap shoot.

I see your point with Mac not getting another year if we are horrible. I am sure Woody Johnson is taking a lot of heat from season ticket holders & the luxury box owners, to put a decent product on the field.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have time your point that this is a Maccs last year if he doesn't find a qb. That could be true. But no matter who we draft if we draft a qb, injuries would have to occur for that qb to start this season. McCown and Hack would all get a chance to start before that rookie. So it possibly being his last year if anything argues the other side of that. Why would he draft a guy he can't play when he can get an immediate contributor at another position?
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I don't have time your point that this is a Maccs last year if he doesn't find a qb. That could be true. But no matter who we draft if we draft a qb, injuries would have to occur for that qb to start this season. McCown and Hack would all get a chance to start before that rookie. So it possibly being his last year if anything argues the other side of that. Why would he draft a guy he can't play when he can get an immediate contributor at another position?

Agreed. Although I highly doubt Mac is on the hot seat. He does however need to have a solid draft and really get a head start on rebuilding the foundation. I like that he purged the roster and didn't try to be a big player in FA. We are going to go into this draft with a good amount of picks, and maybe even get lucky enough to trade down, or even if we don't we should still be able to add some nice young talent to the roster. Bowles has to start showing he can develop players especially on the side of the ball where he has the expertise. I am more than fine with us not winning many games as long as were constantly in games and showing fight. I wouldn't mind seeing a new coach next season and I think the Jets will be a much more attractive destination for a good coach. The potential to draft a good young QB or willingness to trade up, cap space, and some nice young players just drafted.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
doumeyer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:

Yeah it just doesn't make sense to bring in a QB who would not be ready to play in two years. If Hack has any kind of year, the fan will except a poor season, as long as he is the QB of the future. We should not even talk about drafting a QB this season.
neauone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: The way I see it. Reply with quote

Here's the way I see it, many teams, have taken first year players and sing or swam with them.

Including Mariotta and Winston, Prescott, Wilson, to name a few.

So if the Jets think they have someone they will be able to play for them considering the talent they now have on the team at QB.

What difference does it make?

Were all hoping Hack will prove the skeptics wrong, that a miracle will transpire and we will have the QB that showed so much promise his first year in college ball.

But I'm a bit skeptical especially in light of the 9 QB's they have been talking to 4 which are considered to be 1st round players and a few that could go in round 2.

No sir, I see the Jets taking a QB at 6 and even if they draft down say to 12 I can still see it happening with Mahomes.

The Jets will be lucky to win 2-3 games this year, unless like Dallas they get a killer RB, and a surprise at QB and nothing is impossible.

But unlikely.
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no secret Macc wants to trade down
He would not of made that public... translation: no one trades down when they draft a QB top 10
If Adams isn't on the board- we Have to trade down
We have so many needs that any pic we can acquire to trade down to 10-15 would be worth it. I dont care if we take a value hit- we need talent
I'd love to see us trade down to 10-15 pick up a second and still get a RB, CB, TE, or ILB

Just to many misses with Idzik drafting- we need talent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: