Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins Waive/Failed Physical Dion Jordon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was an athletic freak in college because he was juiced out of his mind and didn't get caught. He could leverage his athleticism into production despite lacking, well, skill.

When you hit the NFL and EVERYBODY is an athletic freak (and most are juicing) that's where skill enters the equation.

He was never going to be a good player, these all athlete "we'll teach him to do everything else" guys never are.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Malik

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
He was an athletic freak in college because he was juiced out of his mind and didn't get caught. He could leverage his athleticism into production despite lacking, well, skill.

When you hit the NFL and EVERYBODY is an athletic freak (and most are juicing) that's where skill enters the equation.

He was never going to be a good player, these all athlete "we'll teach him to do everything else" guys never are.

DE/LB and WR are always the guys people overdraft because they're athletic freaks. I don't get it. It's waaay too late to try to teach people fundamentals.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

DE/LB and WR are always the guys people overdraft because they're athletic freaks. I don't get it. It's waaay too late to try to teach people fundamentals.

People say this and then players end up panning out. People tend to have selective memories.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Malik wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

People say this and then players end up panning out. People tend to have selective memories.

I'm not against drafting them, just not for reaching for them in 1st or 2nd rounds.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Malik wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

I'm not against drafting them, just not for reaching for them in 1st or 2nd rounds.

Some pan out. Some don't. Just gotta trust your evaluation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: I have trust issues Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Malik wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Well I dunno about trust, but you do have to go with what you think you see.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
Look up 'fail' in a dictionary and his face pops up.
look up 'lame' in a joke book and your joke pops up.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
KManX89 wrote:

I don't believe either one of you.

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Told a lot of people on the draft board that he wasn't going to be any good
His college tape was not impressive
just a physical freak

I hate the Jaguars
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
KManX89 wrote:

look up "jerk store" in the dictionary and you'll see yourself

I hate the Jaguars
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: dumb humor Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
KManX89 wrote:

look up "jerk store" in the dictionary and you'll see yourself

Why do we say look up? I never raise a dictionary above my head as I "look up" definitions.

I remember looking up dresses when I was in grade school. It meant a one-piece garment for a woman or girl that covers the body and extends down over the legs.

I got lost.

Someone recently had just mocked the Browns trading Kirksey for Jordan. I didn't like that.
patsfan25

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:
joru1000 wrote:
Just another one of those artificially elevated DE/OLBs that happen every draft. They all turn out to be duds going all the back since Vernon Gholston. Nobody ever learns.
The sad part is; They're pretty easy to spot.

You can usually tell which ones will turn out to be projects. But GMs take them anyway.

I feel like that's kind of hindsight because for every one Jordan, Mingo and Jarvis Jones, there's a Justin Houston, Aldon Smith(disregarding the moronic entity) and Chandler Jones...

All very raw prospects with "tools"....

[2015 Adopt-A-Patriot]:#17 - Aaron Dobson
Rec:13 Yards:141 TDs:0

Smack Ink
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:
joru1000 wrote:
Just another one of those artificially elevated DE/OLBs that happen every draft. They all turn out to be duds going all the back since Vernon Gholston. Nobody ever learns.
The sad part is; They're pretty easy to spot.

You can usually tell which ones will turn out to be projects. But GMs take them anyway.

I feel like that's kind of hindsight because for every one Jordan, Mingo and Jarvis Jones, there's a Justin Houston, Aldon Smith(disregarding the moronic entity) and Chandler Jones...

All very raw prospects with "tools"....

I agree for the most part, but its hard to generalize since its a case by case basis.

Also, Jarvis Jones wasnt considered a project at all, really. The only reason I think many started to view him as a project was because he had a horrible combine. I attribute Jones failing to poor work ethic. Perhaps replace him with Aaron Maybin. Justin Houston wasnt really considered a major project either. Maybe replace him with Jason Pierre Paul.

But Im just nitpicking. Cool

In many cases, what makes the difference between a Chandler Jones and a Dion Jordan are things that cant really be determined before you draft them....such as situation, coaching and how a players passion might change once they start getting NFL paychecks.

I never liked Dion Jordan and recall arguing with several Steeler fans who wanted him.....but I do wonder what could have been if he were drafted by a better organization.

...well, maybe not Dion Jordan....I think he wouldve busted anywhere.....but I have always wondered what Aaron Maybin could have been if he had stayed in college another year and been drafted by a well coached team.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Malik wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Yeah. He wasn't a tweener, but I'd say Ziggy Ansah would fit in the "We just have to teach him fundamentals" boat. He learned em but good.
reckless123

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Malik wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

I remember a lot of people proclaiming that JPP would bust...

The draft is a crapshoot. So you can't be trying to look for trends in that medium. It's a case by case basis. For every Dion Jordan you get JPP or Ziggy.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: