You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ego Ferguson cut
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Epyon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
The revisionist history look at the draft, unless you got Brady 199th, is almost always a losing move. Coulda woulda shoulda doesn't matter. Find the Kyle Fuller draft day thread - many playing the what if game in 2017 loved the pick when it was made.

To be fair, Fuller probably was a good pick for the defensive scheme we employed back then. He started out red hot playing comfortably as the zone corner he is intended to be.... He's since struggled with injury concerns and seemingly heavily regressed the longer he was in the NFL, which should be a red flag on it's own for the coaches back then..... but going forward I think he ends up being cut, not unlike Ego just was.... He's simply not a good fit for what the new/current defense is trying to do...
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
The revisionist history look at the draft, unless you got Brady 199th, is almost always a losing move. Coulda woulda shoulda doesn't matter. Find the Kyle Fuller draft day thread - many playing the what if game in 2017 loved the pick when it was made.

"Loved the pick" may be a little much. I think people were content with the pick at the time, but that there was considerably more sentiment for Calvin Pryor and especially Clinton-Dix.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I'm pretty sure the Chris Conte draft day thread is still gold standard for hilarity. Complete meathead meltdowns, everybody at the end of the Angelo rope, with users pounding the table for Jake Kirkpatrick, who ended up never playing a snap in a regular season game.

Dan LeFevour may be a close second.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

"Loved the pick" may be a little much. I think people were content with the pick at the time, but that there was considerably more sentiment for Calvin Pryor and especially Clinton-Dix.

There was at least one specific "Love the pick" mention. Was not intending to call anyone specific out or I would have quoted and linked. My point was that it's easy to hate or love any pick after we've seen how things turned out.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

There was at least one specific "Love the pick" mention. Was not intending to call anyone specific out or I would have quoted and linked. My point was that it's easy to hate or love any pick after we've seen how things turned out.

You're right, I browsed the first two pages of that thread earlier and there was at least one "love."

And yeah, if I never have to hear Tom Brady in regards to the draft with people smugly saying, "YOU NEVER KNOW!" then I'll be very happy.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the Kyle Fuller pick, but man has he been a disappointment.

The entire knee scope, sit out the season thing was incredibly weird.
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely loved the Fuller pick at the time, not sure if I'm the one who said it in that thread though. I still think he can redeem himself, last year was weird with his injury but I would still say the jury is out on him, at least for one more season.

How do you guys see the corner depth chart working out? Nothing is clear cut, we have a bunch of average joes...

Amukamara
Cooper
Porter
Fuller
LeBlanc
Callahan
Hall
McManis

Hard for me to see that being the full depth chart. You can assume that Amukamara will be hurt at some point next year, but even still we saw Callahan and LeBlanc get huge amounts of play time last year and perform better than expected in that role, enough for me to be comfortable with them as backups and nickle corners.

Honestly I think one of Fuller and Porter could be off the roster this year, and the other could have a position change.
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reportedly claimed by the packers.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Pugger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened with him that he didn't work out for you guys? Did injuries do him in?
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
What happened with him that he didn't work out for you guys? Did injuries do him in?

Injured a lot and when he was in he was basically non existent short of a couple impact plays as a rookie, but for the most part he was a ghost.
G08

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:

He sucks. Doesn't have the length to play 5T or the juice to play 3T.

Get him on that Clay Matthews regimen and I'm sure you'll have another freak on your hands #HGH

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:

Head-scratching draft pick at the time. Emery drafted him because "nobody could run at him" at LSU.

A big deal was briefly made of him because apparently he was asked by the Bears defensive staff if he could play 2-tech. Bears fans were obsessed with Gus Bradley's poorly-titled "hybrid defense" and were tired of the 4-3 base with a lot of Tampa 2. No scheme change occurered, so Ferguson primarily played 1-tech nose. He wasn't much of a difference-maker.

When Vic Fangio was brought on in 2015, I don't even remember what position he worked it. I think it was end. Will Sutton worked as a backup nose instead of Ferguson.

If I remember correctly, Ferguson was active a bunch in 2015 and the quickly injured in 2015.

Maybe he does something in the right scheme, but so far he hasn't shown much.
Pdoggbears

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ego failed his physical and has been released by th Packers.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: