Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DraftHobbyist's Offense-Offense mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT has double or triple dipped at a single position 9 times since 2010.

Do you firmly believe this is the year we change course and take one player from each position?

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
squire12

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:

Do you firmly believe this is the year we change course and take one player from each position?

I was thinking the same thing a few days ago.

Likely dependent on needs/draft strength at positions and value at time of pick.

Lots of variables that are not often controlled during the draft process
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:

Wait, when did I say that I firmly believed one player would be taken from each position, or that TT wouldn't double dip at any position? I have never made this argument because it's not a position I hold. In fact, I took two RB's in this mock.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:
vegas492 wrote:
Give me an edge player instead of Mixon and this mock has me.

I just can't get on board with Mixon and have a tough time thinking that he is the type of person that the club would want and that the city would embrace. That and I think the club views Monty as their starting RB...no need for someone to supplant him, rather they need a compliment to him.

Lots of edge players, one should have been taken there. DraftHobbyist....would you run your scenario and re-draft for Mixon with an edge you think should be there?

I really like that corner...
The other RB would be a fine compliment to Monty, too.

I went Offense-Offense because I wanted to show people how that could play out, but if I go Offense-EDGE, this is how it looks:

1) WR Corey Davis WESTERN MICHIGAN

2) EDGE Derek Rivers YOUNGSTOWN ST -- It was between Carl Lawson and Derek Rivers, I actually had Lawson up higher, but I think I'm going to flip them. I really like Rivers, although his 20S could've been better, and Carl Lawson had a bad 3C. Rivers is a little light, but it scares me more that Lawson didn't even try to redo his 3C.

3) CB Howard Wilson HOUSTON

4) OT Roderick Johnson FLORIDA ST

5) RB Samaje Perine OKLAHOMA

5) DL Ryan Glasgow MICHIGAN -- Instead of Hunter Dimick, I replace him with Glasgow, who I'd try to play as a DE in a 3-man front of DT in a 4-man front. He didn't test the best, but I think he plays better than his numbers.

6) S Johnathan Ford AUBURN

7) QB Jerod Evans VIRGINIA TECH

Yah, now you got me. I like Rivers in round 2. Very much so. I too am a Lawson fan, but Rivers has more speed. Team needs that.
Very much a fan of this draft.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
SE500

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I think we could run with Bakhtiari, Johnson, Linsley, Spriggs, and Bulaga as our starting 5 if Johnson shows promise early (line them up however), but I would look to move on from the oft-injured Bulaga long-term."

You have the rookie AND Spriggs beating out Lane Taylor for a starting Guard position?

Other than in a crisis Spriggs isn't going to be playing guard. Not long term. Taylor played well last year, and if anything will be better this year. Taylor will be starting. Now I would like us to draft a rookie who would have a good chance of starting in place of Lang. Maybe that's your guy. Maybe it's Lamp in Round one.

Unlike many I really like Mixon for this team, I like both of your RB's. Good draft overall. (except as much as I like your first pick I agree with others, there will be equal value at need positions. I see our greatest needs at G, OLB, CB, and RB. ILB even)

** On another note, has anyone else noticed the new format at CBS Sports?

Can't find how you do the player evaluations anymore, did they nix that?
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SE500 wrote:
"I think we could run with Bakhtiari, Johnson, Linsley, Spriggs, and Bulaga as our starting 5 if Johnson shows promise early (line them up however), but I would look to move on from the oft-injured Bulaga long-term."

You have the rookie AND Spriggs beating out Lane Taylor for a starting Guard position?

Other than in a crisis Spriggs isn't going to be playing guard. Not long term. Taylor played well last year, and if anything will be better this year. Taylor will be starting. Now I would like us to draft a rookie who would have a good chance of starting in place of Lang. Maybe that's your guy. Maybe it's Lamp in Round one.

Unlike many I really like Mixon for this team, I like both of your RB's. Good draft overall. (except as much as I like your first pick I agree with others, there will be equal value at need positions. I see our greatest needs at G, OLB, CB, and RB. ILB even)

** On another note, has anyone else noticed the new format at CBS Sports?

Can't find how you do the player evaluations anymore, did they nix that?

It wasn't meant to be a prediction. I was just saying I think we could do it if we needed to upgrade. In reality, we will put all of our names in a pile and let the guys compete for the spots. The best OL's this year will win. Also, this wasn't meant as a long-term solution but a short-term one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: