You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins Sign Suspended S TJ McDonald
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 12777
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Dolphins Sign Suspended S TJ McDonald Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/31/dolphins-sign-t-j-mcdonald/

Quote:
According to multiple reports, the Dolphins have signed McDonald after a recent visit.

McDonald will serve an eight-game suspension as a result of last year’s arrest for crashing into a parked car while under the influence of alcohol. McDonald ultimately pleaded guilty to a charge of reckless driving and will be able to work with the team during the offseason, training camp and preseason before serving his ban.



It's reportedly a one-year contract for the league minimum.

Per PFF, McDonald played 1,072 snaps and earned a "grade" of 75.3.
_________________
Bednarik60 wrote:
Also you should get the ban hammer for being against Kate Upton and Jennifer Lawerence gifs.


Last edited by cddolphin on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 64033
Location: Jared Goffs Bed
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible why couldn't the Rams
Match.. Solid player but dang those
8 games were a killer..
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKillerNacho


Moderator
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 15116
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mind the deal for the league minimum. Could definitely help bolster our poor secondary for the final eight games.
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
ctp2124


Joined: 15 Jan 2011
Posts: 1688
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite players because of his highlight reel hits. I am out of the loop a bit, why was he suspended 8 games? Was it really just for the DUI? That seems too harsh so I am guessing there is more to it than that.
_________________

Props to mike23md

YAWK YAWK YAWK YaWK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 35148
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
One of my favorite players because of his highlight reel hits. I am out of the loop a bit, why was he suspended 8 games? Was it really just for the DUI? That seems too harsh so I am guessing there is more to it than that.

His arrest and plea was for DUI and possession (of narcotics) and he also got popped for PED's by the league. Technically it's two suspensions that are being served back-to-back because of the timing, one for violating Personal Conduct Policy, the other for violating the Substance Abuse Policy.
_________________

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 59121
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't expect to play, so might as vacation in Miami.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 69131
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a good player. Needs to be more careful with friendly fire.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ctp2124


Joined: 15 Jan 2011
Posts: 1688
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
One of my favorite players because of his highlight reel hits. I am out of the loop a bit, why was he suspended 8 games? Was it really just for the DUI? That seems too harsh so I am guessing there is more to it than that.

His arrest and plea was for DUI and possession (of narcotics) and he also got popped for PED's by the league. Technically it's two suspensions that are being served back-to-back because of the timing, one for violating Personal Conduct Policy, the other for violating the Substance Abuse Policy.


Must have missed the PEDs test fail. That would make more sense and him.
_________________

Props to mike23md

YAWK YAWK YAWK YaWK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 23563
Location: PGH
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Terrible why couldn't the Rams
Match.. Solid player but dang those
8 games were a killer..


why do
you post
like this?

not a bad deal for Miami. they have very little to lose.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 7929
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Terrible why couldn't the Rams
Match.. Solid player but dang those
8 games were a killer..


why do
you post
like this?

not a bad deal for Miami. they have very little to lose.
I assumed he was trying a haiku.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
l3lind golfer


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 53842
Location: California
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy how the Rams had a really good secondary two years ago and how it has all fell apart since then.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 13515
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a possible good depth signing for Miami. Could be a good late season fill in.
_________________
I bought one of those tapes to teach you Spanish in your sleep. During the night, the tape skipped. Now I can only stutter in Spanish.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
TheChancellor


Joined: 13 Feb 2017
Posts: 216
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't hurt them at all to have a quality guy for the second half of the season. Barely paying him anything, so it's a low risk thing which can only be a win.
_________________

Quote:
Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 23563
Location: PGH
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Terrible why couldn't the Rams
Match.. Solid player but dang those
8 games were a killer..


why do
you post
like this?

not a bad deal for Miami. they have very little to lose.
I assumed he was trying a haiku.


I see, but the first line doesn't work
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 7929
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Terrible why couldn't the Rams
Match.. Solid player but dang those
8 games were a killer..


why do
you post
like this?

not a bad deal for Miami. they have very little to lose.
I assumed he was trying a haiku.


I see, but the first line doesn't work
Neither does the second, but who's keeping score?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group