You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017.03.30 - Mock Draft [2.0] CB-EDGE-RB
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCobb18

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably my favorite mock I've seen so far. Nice work!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCobb18 wrote:
Probably my favorite mock I've seen so far. Nice work!

Thanks for the kind words!!

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraftHobbyist wrote:
I think it's a great year to grab a QB to start training them up for the eventual loss of Hundley and to give Callahan some competition. There's always more QB depth than people realize, because the media and Draft Twitter doesn't concentrate on the deep QB depth for the most part.

Can you point me to the QB class you are looking at?

1) How I view the QB Class...

You have 6 QBs that will be selected in the Top 120.

THEN you have

-This Guy-

And then

2. If Callahan's 2016 preseason hadn't come the year after Hundley's 2015 preseason no one would be talking about a QB in the draft. Everyone was spoiled by Hundley in 2015 and that was the scale many used to measure the performance of Callahan. Do people recall how terrible both Coleman and Harrell were?

3. The QB position is akin to the TE position entering the draft, and by that I mean we aren't going to draft one before the 5th. When you get to that point in the draft it's highly likely the Packers will believe more in what they have on the roster than a potential DP. I discussed this with CWood last week, but once you get to the 5th RD how many TEs will have a clear talent lean on Sandland? It's the same thing with Callahan and that's before you take into account the experience of McCarthy's QB Camp.

Last edited by Cadmus on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
Other than the WR being a head scratcher I love this mock. This year, I don't think the Packers need WR's more than they need OL or DL. Now, with that said, TT loves to pick a WR in his drafts but I'm still thinking not this year. First 4 picks outstanding.

Adams, Janis, Allison, Goodley, and Waters are free agents in 2018. Nelson and Cobb are free agents in 2019, and have huge cap hits. A later WR with some potential is not a bad idea.

Has there ever been a year when Ted didn't draft a WR in any round?
squire12

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
Other than the WR being a head scratcher I love this mock. This year, I don't think the Packers need WR's more than they need OL or DL. Now, with that said, TT loves to pick a WR in his drafts but I'm still thinking not this year. First 4 picks outstanding.

Adams, Janis, Allison, Goodley, and Waters are free agents in 2018. Nelson and Cobb are free agents in 2019, and have huge cap hits. A later WR with some potential is not a bad idea.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=team&teamId=1800
DraftHobbyist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:

A later WR isn't going to replace a guy like Nelson. That's why I say a WR early (Day 1 or 2) isn't a bad idea, but we shouldn't reach.

Last edited by DraftHobbyist on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=team&teamId=1800

Clicked that.

Datko and Meredith. God I that we struck gold twice on those.
GWH87

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the content of the draft great work. Only piece I'm not sold on is McDermott, I'd love to see Oline addressed here like you did with a C/G combo or a straight G like Corey Levin - Chattanooga

My main question is, how are we giving up our 2nd to Jacksonville & not getting their early 3rd in return? A late 3rd & 5th round pick doesn't add up to me. Should be more early 3rd & 5th or Late 3rd & their early 4th. Those point schemes might add up better otherwise the Packers are getting robbed.

Nice work though man love the Cadmus steal btw, we need more talent in our young WR group of Allison & Davis.

Are we all thinking Joe Mixon is not an option? I like him a little more than Mack & GB will make him do the right things needed moving forward. Because it does turn my stomach with the BS past he has.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GWH87 wrote:
Like the content of the draft great work. Only piece I'm not sold on is McDermott, I'd love to see Oline addressed here like you did with a C/G combo or a straight G like Corey Levin - Chattanooga

My main question is, how are we giving up our 2nd to Jacksonville & not getting their early 3rd in return? A late 3rd & 5th round pick doesn't add up to me. Should be more early 3rd & 5th or Late 3rd & their early 4th. Those point schemes might add up better otherwise the Packers are getting robbed.

Nice work though man love the Cadmus steal btw, we need more talent in our young WR group of Allison & Davis.

Are we all thinking Joe Mixon is not an option? I like him a little more than Mack & GB will make him do the right things needed moving forward. Because it does turn my stomach with the BS past he has.

We got 3.68 and 5.148 to move down 7 spots from 2.61. So we did get their early 3rd.

I'm starting to come around on Joe Mixon but only because we're meeting with him and ostensibly keeping him on our board. I don't know--maybe we're not keeping him on our board and only doing our due diligence. Either way, I wouldn't take him at 1.29 due to value, and I doubt he's available at 2.61.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: