Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is your favorite QB Target?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is your favorite QB Target?
Deshone Kizer
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Patrick Mahomes
31%
 31%  [ 15 ]
Mitchell Trubisky
39%
 39%  [ 19 ]
Deshaun Watson
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
David Webb
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 48

roger murdock

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just spent the last hour watching DeShaun Watson games. His arm and accuracy is actually pretty damn good. Hes makes a ton of 'holy crap that was amazing' type throws into tight windows and throws WRs open all the time. He also has tons of composure and plays smart.

His pocket presence isn't that good but overall I think this board vastly under-rates his talent.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think Kizer is our qb @ 12.
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to look this up, but Kurt Warner only started 1 year in college. Not suggesting this is the norm, but Cam isn't the only guy who just started 1 year in college.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I had to look this up, but Kurt Warner only started 1 year in college. Not suggesting this is the norm, but Cam isn't the only guy who just started 1 year in college.

Matt Cassel has 33 college pass attempts, 0 TD 1 INT.

Tom Brady had 35 TDs and 19 interceptions in college over 25 starts and 31 games.

Not that it has anything to do with anything besides you never know. A great college QB may not be a great pro and a mediocre college QB could become an all time great.

So I say lets draft a mediocre college QB Very Happy
brownie man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwibrown wrote:

Preach

But I don't think he or Mahomes will get there
Deshone Kizer, Malik Hooker, Carlos Watkins, Adoree Jackson, Budda Baker, TJ Watt, Montravius Adams, Ryan Switzer, Kendall Beckwith, Davis Webb, Des Lawrence, Shelton Gibson, Jamaal Williams, Bucky Hodges
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally voted.

Trubisky has been my guy and has been my guy for awhile.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
Kiwibrown wrote:

Preach

I hope that you are right, along with Trubisky, and I hope that we do not trade up. If 3 QBs go before 12, we will have a very nice selection of blue chippers to choose from at that pick.
Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
brownie man wrote:
Kiwibrown wrote:

Preach

I hope that you are right, along with Trubisky, and I hope that we do not trade up. If 3 QBs go before 12, we will have a very nice selection of blue chippers to choose from at that pick.

If 3 QB's went before 12 it would be awesome.

also if Leonard and Mcaffey went as well, we should get two awesome defenders.

One of the top safeties or a top CB.
wukusimw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we build a great defense but continue to suffer from bad QB play we may continually be stuck at 4-7 wins and the assets we spent on offense like Coleman Bitonio and Zeitler would be a waste.

If they trust one of these QBs as a guy that can make the team competitive he'd be worth whatever pick it takes, and he doesn't have to end up being Brady or Rodgers to be worth it. Relative to what we've had, play consistent with Dalton, Smith, or Tannehill would be a miracle.

If we only win 4-5 games the next two years because of the same QB play Haslam will be putting the pressure on. Maybe if we took a QB high in '18 he'd show some mercy. But what if we still can't land JG or Cousins? What if out of Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Falk, Rudolph, Houston, only one or two comes out and we can't get them? Kessler doesn't progress?

There'd be little chance this regime would make it past '18.

Take a QB this season, sit him, then start him '18 and if we still only win a couple games at least Haslam still probably gives everyone a chance in '19.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wukusimw wrote:
If we build a great defense but continue to suffer from bad QB play we may continually be stuck at 4-7 wins and the assets we spent on offense like Coleman Bitonio and Zeitler would be a waste.

If they trust one of these QBs as a guy that can make the team competitive he'd be worth whatever pick it takes, and he doesn't have to end up being Brady or Rodgers to be worth it. Relative to what we've had, play consistent with Dalton, Smith, or Tannehill would be a miracle.

If we only win 4-5 games the next two years because of the same QB play Haslam will be putting the pressure on. Maybe if we took a QB high in '18 he'd show some mercy. But what if we still can't land JG or Cousins? What if out of Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Falk, Rudolph, Houston, only one or two comes out and we can't get them? Kessler doesn't progress?

Take a QB this season, sit him, then start him '18 and if we still only win a couple games at least Haslam still probably gives everyone a chance in '19.

I wouldn't draft a QB in round one unless I thought he was an immediate upgrade in 2017. True for any position really. 1st round picks should be drafted with the intention to start right away, especially those drafted in the top half of round 1.

33 or later, sure. Have at it. Let him sit behind Kessler unless he wins the job.
StewieRules

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't think any of the QB's this year is worth the #12 pick, let alone the number one overall ... i cant believe the media keeps pushing this possibility. But then again this is the Browns we're talking about so .... maybe they're hearing about all those intriguing analytics.

Frankly reaching for a QB at #12 has two negative effects - one being that no one is considered ready to play this year (so you can bet they'll be out there at some point) - and the other is that a 12 spent this year pretty much guarantees no 1st round QB next season, when the class shaping up looks immeasurably better.

Another thing that puzzles me just a bit....all this blind faith in Hue. Yes I know he got the best out of Dalton but isn't this the same guy who favored Geoff over Wentz, passed on Wentz overall and opted for Cody over Prescott? Overall I think he's a good coach and I know he has very little to work with, but maybe hold off on the QB-Whisperer talk for just a bit until we see something more tangible.

I dunno - I want badly for us to have a good draft but spending a 12 for a kid with 13 starts? Seems like something most teams wouldn't do. And if we do we in all likelihood bypass the position for 2018. Sometimes the cards aren't there for the position in need - when is it ever a good idea to push a bad position?
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wukusimw wrote:

Thats just it, there is no high draft pick solution to the bad QB play this year. Brock Osweiler, Kody Kessler, or a rookie drafted in round 4 or later all have every bit as much of a chance as solving that problem as any guy that will be drafted in round 1 this year.

So the smart money is to draft the best available players, build the team, and if none of the above options prove to be the solution to the bad QB play, then you try to get your guy next year when there does appear to be a few very good prospects in round 1.

You do not make your team good by drafting the Brady Quinn's Brandon Weedons, and Johnny Manziels in the first round year after year just because you don't have a QB. It is time that we break that pattern, this year, right now.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We take Kizer at 12 and I'm gonna lose my [inappropriate/removed].

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
We take Kizer at 12 and I'm gonna lose my [inappropriate/removed].

Have a feeling he's dropping a bit. Been a lot of reports calling out his attitude and personality. He also hasn't helped himself with some of the ridiculous things he has said.
wukusimw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya'll speak sense, problem is it's a double edged sword. Don't get a Qb this year or next year and it could just as easily cost you your job as reaching on one this year. That's why teams reach for em.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28

Jump to: