Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is your favorite QB Target?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is your favorite QB Target?
Deshone Kizer
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Patrick Mahomes
31%
 31%  [ 15 ]
Mitchell Trubisky
39%
 39%  [ 19 ]
Deshaun Watson
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
David Webb
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 48

jkb_63

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Who is your favorite QB Target? Reply with quote

Not talking about Pick Selection Politics, as we could debate when or if it's beneficial to draft an early QB in this draft vs. other positional talent.

But if we went after one guy, who would be your choice?
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as its a coin flip. I think its Watson. I cant shake the whole Russell Wilson vibe I get from him. He seems to have the personality of a face of the franchise type guy. The way he carries himself, accomplished NCAA career, well spoken, confident and seems to be the best leader of all prospects. You can just kinda see it working out with him despite some of the accuracy questions.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2017 QB Rankings

***Caveat....if we ran a west coast two read pick and stick offense...Deshaun Watson would be my number 2 QB in the draft as he would be amazing there. If he goes to the chiefs he'll do damage as a top 7 QB in the league

1. Deshone Kizer
(okay taking at 12 if safeties, top WR, Fournette are gone. Debatable if I'd take him over OJ Howard).
-The Good:
Best pinpoint ball placement of any QB in the draft on all routes despite the low accuracy percentage number. Best feet and pocket awareness. Feet work in sync with eyes to process progressions quickly. Escapes within pocket to throw from new platform. Natural passing foot patter rhythm with sturdy back foot. Handles pressure extremely well by side stepping and moving up in the pocket to throw. When it works well it's as good as anyone at the top of the league.
-The Bad:
Overstrides for really poor ball in the dirt or over the head side line throws. Mechanics break down on easy throws. Holds onto the ball too much in pressure packed situations. Suffers from confidence issues as his eyes and feet diagnose the correct throw under pressure but he pumps and eats the ball. INTs from hesitation or lack of confidence too often not from seeing the play correctly. Inconsistent decision making and confidence in his eyes when team needs it the most. Red flag.

2. Mitchell Trubisky. (Would take at the top of round 2 or trade in at the bottom of the first round. Would take at 12 or in trade down if the safeties, top WR, Fournette, OJ Howard and Solomon Thomas are off the board).
-The Good:
Big time arm. Calm pocket demeanor, Side line drive throws are a thing of beauty. Escapability to run is really good. Really good pinpoint accuracy from throws out of various arm levels and platforms.
-The Bad:
Fades back into the pocket with soft back foot when perceiving real and false pressure up the middle and sides. Does not use legs to escape and reset to throw but puts head down and runs when pressure comes. Mind seizes under pressure. No side step or up step footwork to avoid rush to throw only utilizes the fading backwards to buy time. Due to soft back foot poor ball placement on non seam routes under pressure. Gets fooled by late spy coverages and under zones with pressure. Really really bad INTs where he just didn't process what the defense was doing. has not seen enough defenses to diagnose presnap and cannot get plays out of trouble through presnap calls as plays that look like a disaster are not adjusted even though Fedora gave him the ability to do so often. Does not sense blind side pressure with natural clock.

3. Chad Kelly (Would take in the third if it wasn't for off field stuff. As is would still take in the 6th or 7th).
-The Good:
Big time arm with pinpoint accuracy deep, Great rhythm thrower with side step and advanced up step to reset away from pressure to complete with pinpoint accuracy on sideline and on deep outs. Controls the line of scrimmage and protections. Works through cycled reads efficiently. Great escapability to throw. Pro progression and quick game line call mastery.Plays best ball against some of the best competition. More accurate in pressure packed situations.
-The Bad:
Terribly inaccurate when he rushes his feet and he does often especially on third down. Red flag. Completely different player. Does not reset quickly with proper mechanics when avoiding pressure in pocket to establish a new throwing platform. Does not cut it loose on a lot of drive throws due to poor front foot striding. Throws really bad interception by staring down receivers after escaping pressure.

4a. Deshaun Watson (Would take at 12 and have him as the number 2 ranked QB if we ran the Chiefs offense or a west coast pick and stick O. As is, would take in the 3rd or 4th).
[b]-The Good:

Beautiful touch thrower on sideline throws especially in the redzone. Gets ball out quick with pick and stick throws. Plays the best in the biggest moments. Mechanics and footwork is the best in the biggest of moments. Throws back shoulder infrequently but when he does it is a thing of beauty.
-The Bad:
A rocker rhythm pick and stick quick game thrower. Does not processes the game with the natural foot patter or rhythm required for Hue's offense. Amazing skill set for a west coast quick game. Accuracy is scattershot even with good footwork due to trying to feather the ball in. Doesn't let it rip on deep drive throws leading to undercut INTs. Throws INTs in the redzone in clear situations and coverages that you can't throw to that are known presnap. Makes no sense how bad his INTs are if he studies the game as well as ppl say. Escapes out the back of the pocket as a runner when feels the pressure does not avoid pressure with any footwork to create a new platform to throw.

4b. Pat Mahomes (Would take in the third, but not at the top of round 2 as there will be surefire starters at positions of need available imo)
The Good:
Freaky arm talent that throw from any and all platforms with any and all good or poor footwork. Makes big time plays in big moments. When throwing with rhythm his deep out is a thing of beauty.
The Bad:
Offense and footwork in offense don't lend themselves to any projection of nfl skill set except for an evaluation of his general arm talent. Throws it up for the defense too often. Offense doesn't allow for assessment of how he reacts to pressure. When pressure comes from back side he has no clue at all it's coming even when presnap diagnoses is easy.

5. Brad Kaaya. (Would take in the third. No way in the top of the second)
-The Good:

Amazingly patient footwork and natural passing rhythm. Timing throws and crafty side steps save the day in 3 games where the inside pressure was winning every other play. Works through progressions efficiently Beautiful touch passer and timing drive thrower. Diagnoses the coverage and audibles and switches protections to sets that get Miami out of trouble more often than not. Most pro ready skill set.
-The Bad:
Feet in mud too often when waiting for Miami's loved 15 yard come back with TE under and a shallow crosser from left boundary, even when pressure comes. Stares down receiver on second read when one isnt there. Deep drive throws sufferfrom spotty accuracy. Movement dynamic limitations would require more of a plus arm that he doesn't ahve.

6. Nathan Peterman (Would take in the 4th)
The Good:
Nice footwork and great anticipation thrower. Processes the game well presnap by winning with sight adjusts and back shoulder throws.
The Bad
Floats the ball to often on drive throws. Drive throw deep comeback and 15 to 20 slant often have very spotty accuracy. Not pinpoint accurate but generally accurate on too many throws.

7a Davis Webb (Would take in the 5th maybe 4th)
[b]The Good:

One of the best deep sideline touch drop in bucket throwers I've ever seen. Rivals Weeden to Blackmon deep touch throws or Johnny Manziels beautiful feather touch drop in bucket throws in both Alabama games, but he makes those throws in almost every game. Great middle crosser drive thrower with clean pocket. Makes nice audible calls and sight adjusts.
The Bad
The hands down worst pinpoint ball placement on all throws not deep touch sideline throws. The numbers mean nothing. Ball is scatter shot all over the place on drive throws. Cannot handle a non clean pocket with pressure by sidesteps or up steps. Poor footwork and mechanics. Throws late and does not process the game by working through progressions efficiently as the offense is a one two read ball out often. I've never seen such an inaccurate drive thrower...he misses so bad it's crazy. Quick outs and WR screen inflated his accuracy number perception

7b. Josh Dobbs (Would take in the 5th or below)
The Good:
Big time arm. Throws with great touch and accuracy deep. Plays big and makes good run decisions in big moments. Up steps well to avoid pressure but has no side step and reset game.
The Bad:
Foot work is so inconsistent and leads to sailing throws too often. Does not feel pressure from blind side with any urgency.

haven't watch enough of Jerod Evans to rank him anywhere
(5/22/17) '18 QB1s: 1. Sam Darnold, 2. Luke Falk, 3. Josh Allen, 4. Josh Rosen, 5. Riley Ferguson, 6. Baker Mayfield / FS1s: 1. Armani Watts, 2. Godwin Igwebuike, 3. Jordan Whitehead / SS1: 1. Derwin James / CB1s: 1.T. McFadden, 2. M. Fitzpatrick
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of those listed, Webb, because the rest of them will be grossly over drafted.
Mind Character

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
Of those listed, Webb, because the rest of them will be grossly over drafted.

Webb is garbage DizzyDean....hot garbage.

"Davis Webb is one of the most inaccurate passers in the draft based on On Target Accuracy %, he looks nice and big, he has a strong arm, makes wow throws toward the deep boundary, is the worst out of the top 8 Qbs on Drive Throw Accuracy %, and is to a lesser extent but still inaccurate under pressure on throws beyond 10 yards even though he's one of the best under pressure on passes within 9 yards of the LOS (mostly due to WR screen bailout route run in the air raid)."

Davis Webb is not the guy! Looks awesome to the eye though. Oh my goodness look how tall he is. That's sure is good in the AFC North.....

Watch his games....watch more than 5....he is garbage....
(5/22/17) '18 QB1s: 1. Sam Darnold, 2. Luke Falk, 3. Josh Allen, 4. Josh Rosen, 5. Riley Ferguson, 6. Baker Mayfield / FS1s: 1. Armani Watts, 2. Godwin Igwebuike, 3. Jordan Whitehead / SS1: 1. Derwin James / CB1s: 1.T. McFadden, 2. M. Fitzpatrick
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bruceb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are talking about R3 or later, Mahommes.

If an earlier pick, none of the above.
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trubisky with Mahomes a close second.

Thanks Reg!
candyman93

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
As much as its a coin flip. I think its Watson. I cant shake the whole Russell Wilson vibe I get from him. He seems to have the personality of a face of the franchise type guy. The way he carries himself, accomplished NCAA career, well spoken, confident and seems to be the best leader of all prospects. You can just kinda see it working out with him despite some of the accuracy questions.

I strongly disagree. I just see another stereotypical spread offense QB with a weak arm.

Trubisky, Kizer, Mahommes. No specific order for me.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:

This is exactly how Josh McDaniels talked himself into drafting Tim Tebow.

Me: I'll take "TRANSLATABLE SKILLS" for $2000, Alex.

Alex: This Quarterback is the only player in the draft to be able to throw to any spot on the field, from any arm angle, in the pocket and on the run, with accuracy.

Me: Who is Pat Mahomes?

Alex: Correct, pick again.
Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mahomes has the most potential IMO Id go with him. late 1st

Kizer is to Hollywood IMO. 2nd round pick.

Trub lacks experience and throws off the back foot, I think he could be soft. late 1st

Watson, doesn't have NFL arm talent, but I think could be a good player despite limitations, poor mans russ wilson. mid 2nd.

Webb is DA, you don't draft that in round 1,2,3.
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwibrown wrote:

Trub lacks experience and throws off the back foot, I think he could be soft. late 1st

Watson, doesn't have NFL arm talent, but I think could be a good player despite limitations, poor mans russ wilson. mid 2nd.

Chad Kelly is going to be the biggest steal. Mahomes took Kelly's spot when Kelly decided to be a big jackass off of the field.
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Kiser if he's there in the second, IMO Trubisky will go way higher than he should as will Watson. None of these guys are first rounders

Vince Lombardi
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:

This is exactly how Josh McDaniels talked himself into drafting Tim Tebow.

Me: I'll take "TRANSLATABLE SKILLS" for $2000, Alex.

Alex: This Quarterback is the only player in the draft to be able to throw to any spot on the field, from any arm angle, in the pocket and on the run, with accuracy.

Me: Who is Pat Mahomes?

Alex: Correct, pick again.

Oh I agree trust me, I just think that Watson is going to boom or bust. He is either going to be a QB on a Marcus Mariota level in 2 years or he is going to be Geno Smith.

Mahomes is the same way. 50/50 toss up. At best he will be the Superbowl version of Colin Kaepernick but at worst he will be a skinny Tebow.

I think Trubisky at best will be Alex Smith but at worst he will be Christian Ponder.

Kizer at best will be a big version of Russell Wilson but at worst he is Brandon Weeden

Pick your poison. At that rate do you go with the highest ceiling (which is Kizer IMO) or do you go with the safe guy with probably the lowest bust rate (which is probably Trubisky)

Last edited by AkronsWitness on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwibrown wrote:

How is Kizer Hollywood? Just curious because I have never heard that about him.

I dont know about Trub. I dont know if I would call him soft. I remember seeing him playing in HS and when he saw hits coming he didnt really shy away from them. If he was by the sideline, he was smart and stepped out but if he was near the hashes he wouldnt go down, he would go for the extra yards. A lot of the time tho, he was running away from defenders.

I think Watson has the NFL arm, I dont think he has the accuracy to go with it. It hard to call him a poor mans wilson when the overall talent, he is superior towards Wilson. Wilson has the accuracy and is smarter with the ball.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OUTLAW wrote:
I like Kiser if he's there in the second, IMO Trubisky will go way higher than he should as will Watson. None of these guys are first rounders

Not a one.

Nor are Jimmy or McCarron.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 1 of 28

Jump to: