Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1 Month Away Mock V.3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
I agree that Ross if available seems too realistic.

Therefore I hate the mock... Laughing

Thanks yeah Ross is probably who we go with I'd like someone that can be for of sure thing but Ross can be a crazy weapon

Yes if utilized correctly and healthy...two major IFs. I know the staff/FO doesn't have that first IF but I do.

Yes it would open things up if he can recreate the Djax scenarios but a handful of splash plays a season doesn't mean SB
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
I agree that Ross if available seems too realistic.

Therefore I hate the mock... Laughing

Thanks yeah Ross is probably who we go with I'd like someone that can be for of sure thing but Ross can be a crazy weapon

Yes if utilized correctly and healthy...two major IFs. I know the staff/FO doesn't have that first IF but I do.

Yes it would open things up if he can recreate the Djax scenarios but a handful of splash plays a season doesn't mean SB

Yeah agreed but like I said it would not allow teams to key in on Jeffrey and Jeffery will already open things open for role players Sproles, Ertz, and Matthews they wouldn't be the focus of Teams game plans any more and Ross would stop any double teams on Jeffrey because teams would have to play a lot of Cover 2-4 to account for our deep threats.
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross is more dynamic than just a deep threat. He is a true WR that also happens to be super fast. He is a much better prospect than DJ was coming out of college. He also seems to fit the mold the Eagles have been looking for. I would not be surprised if they had him rated much higher on their big board than the pundits do. Then again, I have seen people say Ross would easily be the top WR in the draft if it were not for his injury history more than once.

If the Eagles are comfortable with his injury history, I think they will be having a serious discussion about Ross if he is there at 14.
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
Ross is more dynamic than just a deep threat. He is a true WR that also happens to be super fast. He is a much better prospect than DJ was coming out of college. He also seems to fit the mold the Eagles have been looking for. I would not be surprised if they had him rated much higher on their big board than the pundits do. Then again, I have seen people say Ross would easily be the top WR in the draft if it were not for his injury history more than once.

If the Eagles are comfortable with his injury history, I think they will be having a serious discussion about Ross if he is there at 14.

In a WCO you want receivers that can do damage after the catch and while Davis is very good at this, Ross offers a player to stretch the field and can be a gadget player also. He as really good hands as well. Williams is elite in terms of size and catch radius but that neck injury to me is serious. Davis is great I would be happy with him he can run after the catch and has size and is great route runner. Ross has a higher ceiling than both he was super productive when he wasn't hurt he can go up and get the ball but also is great at tracking the deep ball.. He could be a faster AB IMO while Davis is a bigger AB but Davis doesn't utilize his size. Ross at the very least will be Percy Harvin..
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:

I agree with most of this...but being drafted at 14 are you getting value for a guy who is a decoy? I think the speed is what makes him more dynamic. The slight build & injury concern is what drops him to our range. If he was built like TO/Julio/Megatron he'd be picked top 5. Williams/Davis aren't considered top 10 guys because they're closer to 4.6.

The fact that we got Jeffrey adds value to Ross because now instead of being just an in-between the 20s offense. We have the RZ weapon. If we didn't have Jeffrey I would be totally against Ross @ 14. Now sure give Wentz the weapons he needs.
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

I agree with most of this...but being drafted at 14 are you getting value for a guy who is a decoy? I think the speed is what makes him more dynamic. The slight build & injury concern is what drops him to our range. If he was built like TO/Julio/Megatron he'd be picked top 5. Williams/Davis aren't considered top 10 guys because they're closer to 4.6.

The fact that we got Jeffrey adds value to Ross because now instead of being just an in-between the 20s offense. We have the RZ weapon. If we didn't have Jeffrey I would be totally against Ross @ 14. Now sure give Wentz the weapons he needs.

I think after this mock wed have a top 8 offense IMO defense has some holes but I think we give Wentz has many weapons to grow with as we can hence 3 of the first 4 being O
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

I don't think Ross would be drafted as a decoy. Like I said, he is a dynamic player in his own right. Certainly the speed adds to that dimension and value, but is not the totality of it. If he was built like TO/Julio/Megatron (and didn't have the injury history) we'd be talking about the Browns taking him at 1 and not Garrett.

I'm not advocating taking Ross at 14, I'm just trying to look at the draft realistically. I simply think he is strongly in play for the Eagles at that spot. They seem to really want to add speed and a dynamic playmaker on the outside. Add in the interest they have shown him and he is either a heck of a smoke screen or they really want to do their homework on his injury history so they know if they can draft him.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

I think after this mock wed have a top 8 offense IMO defense has some holes but I think we give Wentz has many weapons to grow with as we can hence 3 of the first 4 being O

Top 8, that's optimism at its finest. With no run game to speak of and a QB who tailed off yeah the last two were respectable but nothing to hang your hat on.

Just not my preference in building a winning team.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug pederson coaching a top 8 offense. lol good joke. Laughing

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

Y'all have no faith in my man Dougie P I think he's gonna do just fine.. Typical Eagles Fans smh I think a run game of Gallman/Smallwood with a mix of Sproles and Watson for short yardage. Will be solid at least but Wentz with Jeffery, Ross, Matthews, Smith, DGB, Sporles, Ertz, Burton, and Shaheen will be a good passing attack.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Y'all have no faith in my man Dougie P I think he's gonna do just fine.. Typical Eagles Fans smh I think a run game of Gallman/Smallwood with a mix of Sproles and Watson for short yardage. Will be solid at least but Wentz with Jeffery, Ross, Matthews, Smith, DGB, Sporles, Ertz, Burton, and Shaheen will be a good passing attack.

Doug has never been the coach of a good offense why would he start now?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Danger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug never called plays either.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danger wrote:
Doug never called plays either.

Gotta start somewhere
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

He just calls the plays its up to the players to execute
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

He just calls the plays its up to the players to execute

Said chip kelly every week

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: