You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Taking a QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know they are a fact of life and why I say to draft one if you think you may need one in next 2-3 seasons. They need to sit at least a year imo and learn
Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjboxer wrote:
Based at raw arm strength and accuracy, I would take Mahomes with our first pick. I don't think he'll be there, but that's who I'd snag.
only thing I worry about with him is footwork, and that will come with more reps in a drop back and dedication.

We run so many spread concepts that QBs should be okay coming from a spread system. Mainly it's the wording of play calls, sometimes they're 20 words long so throwing a rookie into that right away is challenging.
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw now we have visited with kizer too.

I just don't want to trade up for day any of these guys
If one falls to us they really like fine, even though we would probly be looking away from a better player at another position. Just seems like most these guys are projects. And in the end would one you may trade up for even be better than like a Webb or Dobbs who will go later.
valkrei

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:

If one falls to us they really like fine, even though we would probly be looking away from a better player at another position. Just seems like most these guys are projects. And in the end would one you may trade up for even be better than like a Webb or Dobbs who will go later.

KC will never get a QB that we want in the first round unless we are willing to trade up. I expect KC to trade up about 4-7 spots for a QB this year.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:
Diesel2692 wrote:

KC will never get a QB that we want in the first round unless we are willing to trade up. I expect KC to trade up about 4-7 spots for a QB this year.

That would be a first.
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:
Diesel2692 wrote:

Seems the current logic is for KC to trade down, not picking a QB early. I'm all for this. No QB is really worth a 1st. rd. pick anyway (even Dorsey admits all the QB's need much work to get NFL ready).
Chiefs are targeting defensive front 7 pick in the 1st. rd. if they can't trade back, which tells me this is the pick regardless of trading back or not.
http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/10/chiefs-rumors-kc-interested-in-trading-back-in-the-draft/
valkrei

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
valkrei wrote:
Diesel2692 wrote:

Seems the current logic is for KC to trade down, not picking a QB early. I'm all for this. No QB is really worth a 1st. rd. pick anyway (even Dorsey admits all the QB's need much work to get NFL ready).
Chiefs are targeting defensive front 7 pick in the 1st. rd. if they can't trade back, which tells me this is the pick regardless of trading back or not.
http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/10/chiefs-rumors-kc-interested-in-trading-back-in-the-draft/

Arrowhead pride has a topic about how we dont have room for the 10 picks this year meaning we should trade up and land the players we want. Also we still have Alex at least for this season, Why not draft a young QB that can learn behind him a bit. The logic is sound, we have the picks to make a deal happen and since this drafts QB's are not not so high on the Hype maybe a reasonable deal can be made to trade up unlike most years.

Diesel2692

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the logic behind us grabbing a QB this year I'm just not fond of trading up for any of these guys at least not higher into the 1st! . And honestly even all this QB talk scares the hell out of me with most these guys who seem to have high ceilings but very low floors as well.
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we got some picks, but I don't want to see Dorsey's hands tied preventing him from making deals during the draft.
In all honesty, I think we have players on the roster who could be released or traded. There are VERY strong areas in the draft. I think it's a pretty decent draft class.
I'm also not against trading back to get an extra pick or 2.
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very good/deep class imo
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last autodraft has the Chiefs taking Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tennessee as their developmental QB choice.
Dobbs was a 4th rd. pick. The Chiefs traded back, sending out their 1st. rd. pick to collect a 2,3,4th.rd. picks.
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could dig that.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
This is a very good/deep class imo

Do you mean QBs or the whole draft?

IMO this is a deep QB draft, but light at the top.

J

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much talk about KC taking a QB in round 1, even to the point of trading up in round 1. Why? Because KC has 10 picks.
IMO there's no 1st. rd. QB to be had. Teams will chase inferior QB's in the first round to satisfy their fan base. Is that Mr. Dorsey? Reid? Hunt? I didn't use to think so and I hope not now.
10 picks is alot of gold in the draft world. Adam Teicher says there's no starters in the KC draft. POPPYCOCK. If Teicher was to draft for us, maybe so. But there's a world of GREAT players in the draft and many could start for KC.
I can find players to start for us at LG, ILB, and CB. Edge rushers galore can play (maybe not start) and the DL class is strong (again, maybe not start).

With all the picks, KC could package something and set us up for next years draft. I could be happy to get THE REAL QB KC wants, then.
valkrei

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
Too much talk about KC taking a QB in round 1, even to the point of trading up in round 1. Why? Because KC has 10 picks.
IMO there's no 1st. rd. QB to be had. Teams will chase inferior QB's in the first round to satisfy their fan base. Is that Mr. Dorsey? Reid? Hunt? I didn't use to think so and I hope not now.
10 picks is alot of gold in the draft world. Adam Teicher says there's no starters in the KC draft. POPPYCOCK. If Teicher was to draft for us, maybe so. But there's a world of GREAT players in the draft and many could start for KC.
I can find players to start for us at LG, ILB, and CB. Edge rushers galore can play (maybe not start) and the DL class is strong (again, maybe not start).

With all the picks, KC could package something and set us up for next years draft. I could be happy to get THE REAL QB KC wants, then.

Because we have an opportunity to maybe get one for once because when there is a HOT must have QB we are never in position to get one. Also Alex has to take a huge pay cut or he gone.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: