Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Taking a QB
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: Taking a QB Reply with quote

Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes, Kizer

Based on history, three of those four will go first round. None really say First Round Pick. Probably one or more will slide to us.

Would you take one at #27? If so, who?
Who would you definitely not take with the first pick?

J

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mahomes or bust for me.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah a lot of projects in my eyes but I too would be most excited I think about mahomes of the bunch with his upside. I just dont think KC would pull the trigger at 27 on a QB. I do think one will be there that could justify the selection just don't think we would unless they trade back and take one or take a next tier like kaaya or Webb or something on later round.
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too don't think KC takes a QB early. However, we'll probably take a shot at a QB after the 3rd. round. Playing with the Fanspeak draft simulator, Tennessee's Joshua Dobbs can be had in the 4th round. Davis Webb, California is available late 3rd. round.

Of the two, I'd take Dobbs to work with. He'll take plenty of work to become NFL ready.

Last edited by mayanfootball on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mahomes is the one of the four I would not consider in the first round. Better to wait 3-4 rounds and take Kelly and his baggage train.

J

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
I too don't think KC takes a QB early. However, we'll probably take a shot at a QB after the 3rd. round. Playing with the Fanspeak draft simulator, Tennessee's Joshua Dobbs can be had in the 4th round. Davis Webb, California is available late 3rd. round.

Of the two, I'd take Dobbs to work with. He'll take plenty of work to become NFL ready.

Webb goes round 2 you better believe it.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
TedLavie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Fisher, Ford, Jones and Peters Dorsey has an history of not going after immediate needs in the 1st. Taking a QB at #27 fits that trend. Honestly I would go after any of them: I prefer Kizer out of the 4, but would be happy with any of those guys. We need to upgrade Alex at some point, why not take a shot here and see where it leads us in 1 year or 2
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TedLavie wrote:
With Fisher, Ford, Jones and Peters Dorsey has an history of not going after immediate needs in the 1st. Taking a QB at #27 fits that trend. Honestly I would go after any of them: I prefer Kizer out of the 4, but would be happy with any of those guys. We need to upgrade Alex at some point, why not take a shot here and see where it leads us in 1 year or 2

How were Fisher and Peters not immediate needs? Jones is the first pick, though not a first round pick, so he fits immediate need as well. The only exception is Ford and pass rush is always a priority.

J

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
TedLavie wrote:

How were Fisher and Peters not immediate needs? Jones is the first pick, though not a first round pick, so he fits immediate need as well. The only exception is Ford and pass rush is always a priority.

J

Albert was still a starter for us when Fisher was selected. Wasn't Flowers still a Chief when we picked Peters? In any case we had Sean Smith at CB1 and Gaines/ Cooper were considered good complements.
rjboxer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based at raw arm strength and accuracy, I would take Mahomes with our first pick. I don't think he'll be there, but that's who I'd snag.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TedLavie wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:
TedLavie wrote:

J

Albert was still a starter for us when Fisher was selected. Wasn't Flowers still a Chief when we picked Peters? In any case we had Sean Smith at CB1 and Gaines/ Cooper were considered good complements.

I'm not buying it. If you want to say that the team looks a year ahead, I could probably see that.

J

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TedLavie wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:
TedLavie wrote:

J

I've gotta agree with onejayhawk. Albert was on his way out, Gaines was (surprise) injured, Cooper wasn't reliable (was he even around then?) and Sean Smiths best days were as a 1b/2. Dee Ford is set to replace Tamba as a starter.

It could be argued that those picks were both immediate needs while looking to the future.

The Air Less Expected on 3rd down AKA the ALEX scale
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingseanjohn wrote:
TedLavie wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:
TedLavie wrote:

J

I bet if you go back and look, at the time of the draft they were viewed as future needs. It just so happens sometimes in the NFL the future comes fairly quickly. Hindsight makes them look more obvious because of the actions we took after we selected them. Other than ILB, no pick we make this year will be likely to start day one, unless due to injury or beating someone out in a competition, which other than Fisher as a RT was the story of all of our past first picks.
I've gotta agree with onejayhawk. Albert was on his way out, Gaines was (surprise) injured, Cooper wasn't reliable (was he even around then?) and Sean Smiths best days were as a 1b/2. Dee Ford is set to replace Tamba as a starter.

It could be argued that those picks were both immediate needs while looking to the future.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly though when it come to the QB position and drafting a rookie to lead your team especially with all these spread qbs coming out that if you will need a QB in next 2-3 seasons you might as well view the position as an immediate need.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spread QBs are a fact of life. There is more to learn, but the tools are still the tools. Tony Romo didn't throw a single pass for two years. This is a good year to take a QB because there is little expectation of starting right away.

If you go by system, Brad Ka'aya is the best one for us. He's a day three I think, maybe round three. Of the names, I like Kizer most and Watson least. Alex Smith's job would be safe for 2017 and 2018 on all of them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: