Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who do you got at RG next year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 17811
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:
BlondeonBlonde wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
Barclay is going to be the starter .. just have to hope that a full offseason and training camp will help him solidify his game. He's healthy now and will surely get first crack at the job.


I highly doubt this. It's one of DP, Murphy, or Spriggs.

Oh, Barclay is starting week 1. I can assure you of that, if for no other reason than to really, really upset me.


Haha. I don't know if we should predict what the staff will do based off our worst fears.

I read the Lane Taylor signed thread the other day though. It was basically just like this and nobody thought he would play then ol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
gizmo2012


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 3148
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
And what happens if/when one of the OTs gets dinged ?

Spriggs moves outside to a spot he hasn't been practicing while another player who hasn't gotten any reps RG1 comes in to handle those duties...
That's not a very enlightened plan... Which may be why the HC said Spriggs is an OT and Rodgers didn't mention his name when rattling off the current RG candidates.

DP, Murphy, Patrick, Barclay. Cool


We need to draft/sign some OL. You can't lose two of your top 6 OL and not replace anyone. The depth needs to be added here so you wouldn't have to do the above scenario.


Compared to Spriggs last year, Don Barclay was All Pro - and that is fact. Now will Spriggs get better - likely for sure - but he was awful last year. I am not sure if Murphy can be a guard but certainly not Spriggs. The Packers will draft a guard and either another OG or OT or C.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stevein2012


Joined: 12 Jul 2013
Posts: 1661
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
And what happens if/when one of the OTs gets dinged ?

Spriggs moves outside to a spot he hasn't been practicing while another player who hasn't gotten any reps RG1 comes in to handle those duties...
That's not a very enlightened plan... Which may be why the HC said Spriggs is an OT and Rodgers didn't mention his name when rattling off the current RG candidates.

DP, Murphy, Patrick, Barclay. Cool


We need to draft/sign some OL. You can't lose two of your top 6 OL and not replace anyone. The depth needs to be added here so you wouldn't have to do the above scenario.


Compared to Spriggs last year, Don Barclay was All Pro - and that is fact. Now will Spriggs get better - likely for sure - but he was awful last year. I am not sure if Murphy can be a guard but certainly not Spriggs. The Packers will draft a guard and either another OG or OT or C.


No Barclay was pretty much garbage last year no matter who you compared him to. That Washington game was one of the worst games I can remember seeing out of a G. I don't see Spriggs as a G ever but he was indeed better than Barclay last year at that spot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCPackFan


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 4428
Location: Quahog, RI
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barclay has been horrible since that leg injury. I can't help but think we grab a few small school prospects and start one of them this year if we can't get who we want.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SE500


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 931
Location: WISCONSIN
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lang's replacement as this years starter is likely waiting to get drafted.

It will be that rookie, Barclay, Murph, or Patrick. Unless we later pick up a cut veteran it will be one of those.

It all will depend on how things roll as always, but I think it very likely we've drafted that guy before the end of day 2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gizmo2012


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 3148
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevein2012 wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
And what happens if/when one of the OTs gets dinged ?

Spriggs moves outside to a spot he hasn't been practicing while another player who hasn't gotten any reps RG1 comes in to handle those duties...
That's not a very enlightened plan... Which may be why the HC said Spriggs is an OT and Rodgers didn't mention his name when rattling off the current RG candidates.

DP, Murphy, Patrick, Barclay. Cool


We need to draft/sign some OL. You can't lose two of your top 6 OL and not replace anyone. The depth needs to be added here so you wouldn't have to do the above scenario.


Compared to Spriggs last year, Don Barclay was All Pro - and that is fact. Now will Spriggs get better - likely for sure - but he was awful last year. I am not sure if Murphy can be a guard but certainly not Spriggs. The Packers will draft a guard and either another OG or OT or C.


No Barclay was pretty much garbage last year no matter who you compared him to. That Washington game was one of the worst games I can remember seeing out of a G. I don't see Spriggs as a G ever but he was indeed better than Barclay last year at that spot.


I checked the Packer team grading and Barclay certainly did not grade great (decent grade run bad grade pass) but he was a heck of a lot better than Spriggs. Point is they need a legitimate starter at guard because Lane Taylor only graded out as very average.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 17811
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
Stevein2012 wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
And what happens if/when one of the OTs gets dinged ?

Spriggs moves outside to a spot he hasn't been practicing while another player who hasn't gotten any reps RG1 comes in to handle those duties...
That's not a very enlightened plan... Which may be why the HC said Spriggs is an OT and Rodgers didn't mention his name when rattling off the current RG candidates.

DP, Murphy, Patrick, Barclay. Cool


We need to draft/sign some OL. You can't lose two of your top 6 OL and not replace anyone. The depth needs to be added here so you wouldn't have to do the above scenario.


Compared to Spriggs last year, Don Barclay was All Pro - and that is fact. Now will Spriggs get better - likely for sure - but he was awful last year. I am not sure if Murphy can be a guard but certainly not Spriggs. The Packers will draft a guard and either another OG or OT or C.


No Barclay was pretty much garbage last year no matter who you compared him to. That Washington game was one of the worst games I can remember seeing out of a G. I don't see Spriggs as a G ever but he was indeed better than Barclay last year at that spot.


I checked the Packer team grading and Barclay certainly did not grade great (decent grade run bad grade pass) but he was a heck of a lot better than Spriggs. Point is they need a legitimate starter at guard because Lane Taylor only graded out as very average.


??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 19227
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
And what happens if/when one of the OTs gets dinged ?

Spriggs moves outside to a spot he hasn't been practicing while another player who hasn't gotten any reps RG1 comes in to handle those duties...
That's not a very enlightened plan... Which may be why the HC said Spriggs is an OT and Rodgers didn't mention his name when rattling off the current RG candidates.

DP, Murphy, Patrick, Barclay. Cool


We need to draft/sign some OL. You can't lose two of your top 6 OL and not replace anyone. The depth needs to be added here so you wouldn't have to do the above scenario.


Compared to Spriggs last year, Don Barclay was All Pro - and that is fact. Now will Spriggs get better - likely for sure - but he was awful last year. I am not sure if Murphy can be a guard but certainly not Spriggs. The Packers will draft a guard and either another OG or OT or C.


This is one of the silliest things Ive ever read on this board.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gizmo2012


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 3148
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
Stevein2012 wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
And what happens if/when one of the OTs gets dinged ?

Spriggs moves outside to a spot he hasn't been practicing while another player who hasn't gotten any reps RG1 comes in to handle those duties...
That's not a very enlightened plan... Which may be why the HC said Spriggs is an OT and Rodgers didn't mention his name when rattling off the current RG candidates.

DP, Murphy, Patrick, Barclay. Cool


We need to draft/sign some OL. You can't lose two of your top 6 OL and not replace anyone. The depth needs to be added here so you wouldn't have to do the above scenario.


Compared to Spriggs last year, Don Barclay was All Pro - and that is fact. Now will Spriggs get better - likely for sure - but he was awful last year. I am not sure if Murphy can be a guard but certainly not Spriggs. The Packers will draft a guard and either another OG or OT or C.


No Barclay was pretty much garbage last year no matter who you compared him to. That Washington game was one of the worst games I can remember seeing out of a G. I don't see Spriggs as a G ever but he was indeed better than Barclay last year at that spot.


I checked the Packer team grading and Barclay certainly did not grade great (decent grade run bad grade pass) but he was a heck of a lot better than Spriggs. Point is they need a legitimate starter at guard because Lane Taylor only graded out as very average.


??


Norm of the North why are you so confused. We are discussing the quality of Don Barclay and really out guards. I don't understand the confusion. We are discussing offensive lineman right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 19227
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
Stevein2012 wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
And what happens if/when one of the OTs gets dinged ?

Spriggs moves outside to a spot he hasn't been practicing while another player who hasn't gotten any reps RG1 comes in to handle those duties...
That's not a very enlightened plan... Which may be why the HC said Spriggs is an OT and Rodgers didn't mention his name when rattling off the current RG candidates.

DP, Murphy, Patrick, Barclay. Cool


We need to draft/sign some OL. You can't lose two of your top 6 OL and not replace anyone. The depth needs to be added here so you wouldn't have to do the above scenario.


Compared to Spriggs last year, Don Barclay was All Pro - and that is fact. Now will Spriggs get better - likely for sure - but he was awful last year. I am not sure if Murphy can be a guard but certainly not Spriggs. The Packers will draft a guard and either another OG or OT or C.


No Barclay was pretty much garbage last year no matter who you compared him to. That Washington game was one of the worst games I can remember seeing out of a G. I don't see Spriggs as a G ever but he was indeed better than Barclay last year at that spot.


I checked the Packer team grading and Barclay certainly did not grade great (decent grade run bad grade pass) but he was a heck of a lot better than Spriggs. Point is they need a legitimate starter at guard because Lane Taylor only graded out as very average.


??


Norm of the North why are you so confused. We are discussing the quality of Don Barclay and really out guards. I don't understand the confusion. We are discussing offensive lineman right?


You based your entire opinion on a lousy article from McGinn. Anyone using their eyes saw that Spriggs had his struggles, but Barclay wasn't any better.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 17811
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
Stevein2012 wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
And what happens if/when one of the OTs gets dinged ?

Spriggs moves outside to a spot he hasn't been practicing while another player who hasn't gotten any reps RG1 comes in to handle those duties...
That's not a very enlightened plan... Which may be why the HC said Spriggs is an OT and Rodgers didn't mention his name when rattling off the current RG candidates.

DP, Murphy, Patrick, Barclay. Cool


We need to draft/sign some OL. You can't lose two of your top 6 OL and not replace anyone. The depth needs to be added here so you wouldn't have to do the above scenario.


Compared to Spriggs last year, Don Barclay was All Pro - and that is fact. Now will Spriggs get better - likely for sure - but he was awful last year. I am not sure if Murphy can be a guard but certainly not Spriggs. The Packers will draft a guard and either another OG or OT or C.


No Barclay was pretty much garbage last year no matter who you compared him to. That Washington game was one of the worst games I can remember seeing out of a G. I don't see Spriggs as a G ever but he was indeed better than Barclay last year at that spot.


I checked the Packer team grading and Barclay certainly did not grade great (decent grade run bad grade pass) but he was a heck of a lot better than Spriggs. Point is they need a legitimate starter at guard because Lane Taylor only graded out as very average.


??


Norm of the North why are you so confused. We are discussing the quality of Don Barclay and really out guards. I don't understand the confusion. We are discussing offensive lineman right?


The packers grade thing. I wanted to know what it was. That's why I put it in bold
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 17811
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
Stevein2012 wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
And what happens if/when one of the OTs gets dinged ?

Spriggs moves outside to a spot he hasn't been practicing while another player who hasn't gotten any reps RG1 comes in to handle those duties...
That's not a very enlightened plan... Which may be why the HC said Spriggs is an OT and Rodgers didn't mention his name when rattling off the current RG candidates.

DP, Murphy, Patrick, Barclay. Cool


We need to draft/sign some OL. You can't lose two of your top 6 OL and not replace anyone. The depth needs to be added here so you wouldn't have to do the above scenario.


Compared to Spriggs last year, Don Barclay was All Pro - and that is fact. Now will Spriggs get better - likely for sure - but he was awful last year. I am not sure if Murphy can be a guard but certainly not Spriggs. The Packers will draft a guard and either another OG or OT or C.


No Barclay was pretty much garbage last year no matter who you compared him to. That Washington game was one of the worst games I can remember seeing out of a G. I don't see Spriggs as a G ever but he was indeed better than Barclay last year at that spot.


I checked the Packer team grading and Barclay certainly did not grade great (decent grade run bad grade pass) but he was a heck of a lot better than Spriggs. Point is they need a legitimate starter at guard because Lane Taylor only graded out as very average.


??


Norm of the North why are you so confused. We are discussing the quality of Don Barclay and really out guards. I don't understand the confusion. We are discussing offensive lineman right?


You based your entire opinion on a lousy article from McGinn. Anyone using their eyes saw that Spriggs had his struggles, but Barclay wasn't any better.


That thing were he put Spriggs as an F. McGinn needs to die. I mean that sincerely. Old freaking grouch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
wgbeethree


Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Posts: 3924
Location: Denver, CO via Racine, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
Stevein2012 wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
And what happens if/when one of the OTs gets dinged ?

Spriggs moves outside to a spot he hasn't been practicing while another player who hasn't gotten any reps RG1 comes in to handle those duties...
That's not a very enlightened plan... Which may be why the HC said Spriggs is an OT and Rodgers didn't mention his name when rattling off the current RG candidates.

DP, Murphy, Patrick, Barclay. Cool


We need to draft/sign some OL. You can't lose two of your top 6 OL and not replace anyone. The depth needs to be added here so you wouldn't have to do the above scenario.


Compared to Spriggs last year, Don Barclay was All Pro - and that is fact. Now will Spriggs get better - likely for sure - but he was awful last year. I am not sure if Murphy can be a guard but certainly not Spriggs. The Packers will draft a guard and either another OG or OT or C.


No Barclay was pretty much garbage last year no matter who you compared him to. That Washington game was one of the worst games I can remember seeing out of a G. I don't see Spriggs as a G ever but he was indeed better than Barclay last year at that spot.


I checked the Packer team grading and Barclay certainly did not grade great (decent grade run bad grade pass) but he was a heck of a lot better than Spriggs. Point is they need a legitimate starter at guard because Lane Taylor only graded out as very average.


??


Norm of the North why are you so confused. We are discussing the quality of Don Barclay and really out guards. I don't understand the confusion. We are discussing offensive lineman right?


You based your entire opinion on a lousy article from McGinn. Anyone using their eyes saw that Spriggs had his struggles, but Barclay wasn't any better.


That thing were he put Spriggs as an F. McGinn needs to die. I mean that sincerely. Old freaking grouch.


I agree.... but.... did Spriggs do more than a tackling dummy would have last year? He was terribad. He didn't block anyone at any point. He deserved an F. Especially at guard.
_________________

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 17811
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F seemed excessive. He should use his brain and realize he shouldn't have been at guard.

It wasn't just that grade. He goes out of his way to be negative and a grouch IMO.

He's just a old curmudgeon. It's sad with all the resources he still has access to be can't be more balanced.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 11626
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
F seemed excessive. He should use his brain and realize he shouldn't have been at guard.

It wasn't just that grade. He goes out of his way to be negative and a grouch IMO.

He's just a old curmudgeon. It's sad with all the resources he still has access to be can't be more balanced.


Eh I disagree. He tends to produce a lot of click-bait, but his analysis of Spriggs' wasn't too far out of left field given our investment in the kid. He was just out of his element. Plus, he's paid to be critical, and his eyes have seen 20x the players/things I have, so I give him the benefit of the doubt in most instances.

It's really his weekly/Saturday hit pieces that frustrate me, nothing about his season-in-review or personnel analysis bugs me. Spriggs' F wasn't a reflection of Spriggs as a player going forward. He was just exceptionally lousy in his limited action last year. Cox was a great learning experience. The reader should inject some of his/her own context (i.e., Spriggs is a tackle prospect, needs a year to develop his upper body and anchor, was playing an All-Pro, etc.).
_________________
packerjmf wrote:
GWH87 wrote:
Somebody take the off season shovel out of Ted's hands & bury him in his own hole.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 18 of 31

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group