Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft from Maine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetfuel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Mock Draft from Maine Reply with quote

Here is my idea on what the jets should do.

1 (6). Mitch Trubisky QB- I think if he is there you have to take him. When I look through the one year stuff and an older guy going to be 23. I see a guy that can be a franchise QB. He has a great arm and good control on his throws. He makes good decisions and stands up tall in the pocket. He has good but not great foot work. He is a better athlete than most people realize. He is also pretty fast if he needs to run. Bowles already said it is an open competition. Him Petty Hack and McCown all go at it. Petty probably will get cut in this situation.

2 (39). Cam Robinson T- He is a strong run blocker but struggles with the speed guys. I can see him stepping up and being an average LT.

3. (70) Ethan Pocic C- He is a plug in guy that will be a starting center for the next 10 years.

3. (107) Desmond King CB- I think he will fall to us in this spot. There are a lot of good CB which will push him down the draft boards. He ran a 4.5 at his pro day and most scouts have him as a day 2 pick.

5. (150) D'Onta Forman RB- He is a big stud RB that we need bad. He will fall with all these other RB going off the boards. 6' 234 lbs 4.45 forty Shocked

6. (191) Ben Boulware LB- I love this guy. He has the heart and sole for football. He is not the greatest athlete but his work ethic is awesome.

7. (224) Zane Gonzalez K- I think he is the best K in the draft. He was 6-9 beyond 50 and one of those was 59.

Tell me what you think.
Mr.O

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam is a RT/OG

Props El Ramster on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the idea of choosing any qb before Round 5.
I give Robinson being there at 39 less tag a 1% chance. He's arguably the best OT/OG in the draft.
Pocic pick I like even though I prefer Eflein.
King won't be here at this pick. I think he's a 2nd Riunder.
Foreman I think is a 3td rounder as well.
neauone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Foreman Reply with quote

Wake up call Foreman ran in the low 4's at 234 lbs. and has elevated himself to a possible late 1st round pick. This guy was my sleeper pick i was hoping the Jets could grab him by round 3. Now if they are lucky it will be round 2.
Mr.O

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Foreman Reply with quote

neauone wrote:
Wake up call Foreman ran in the low 4's at 234 lbs. and has elevated himself to a possible late 1st round pick. This guy was my sleeper pick i was hoping the Jets could grab him by round 3. Now if they are lucky it will be round 2.
no he should be there in round 3 but probably elevated him self to a late 2nd/early 3rd type guy. Hes stricktly a down hill bruiser dosen't offer anything in the pass game

Props El Ramster on the sig
neauone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Except Reply with quote

According to his pro day results he caught everything thrown to him and not one of the a body catch. This kid's the real deal, and IMHO, Foreman will be as effective as any of the top RB's this class has to offer.

Howbeit, I like the elusiveness and speed of Joe Mixon, he is by far a first round talent and someone who takes a chance on this kid will be getting a gem.
CorcoranGallery

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really just hope we go BPA at every spot. We need talent and that's number one.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: Mock Draft from Maine Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:

1 (6). Mitch Trubisky QB- I think if he is there you have to take him. When I look through the one year stuff and an older guy going to be 23. I see a guy that can be a franchise QB. He has a great arm and good control on his throws. He makes good decisions and stands up tall in the pocket. He has good but not great foot work. He is a better athlete than most people realize. He is also pretty fast if he needs to run. Bowles already said it is an open competition. Him Petty Hack and McCown all go at it. Petty probably will get cut in this situation.

2 (39). Cam Robinson T- He is a strong run blocker but struggles with the speed guys. I can see him stepping up and being an average LT.

3. (70) Ethan Pocic C- He is a plug in guy that will be a starting center for the next 10 years.

3. (107) Desmond King CB- I think he will fall to us in this spot. There are a lot of good CB which will push him down the draft boards. He ran a 4.5 at his pro day and most scouts have him as a day 2 pick.

5. (150) D'Onta Forman RB- He is a big stud RB that we need bad. He will fall with all these other RB going off the boards. 6' 234 lbs 4.45 forty Shocked

6. (191) Ben Boulware LB- I love this guy. He has the heart and sole for football. He is not the greatest athlete but his work ethic is awesome.

7. (224) Zane Gonzalez K- I think he is the best K in the draft. He was 6-9 beyond 50 and one of those was 59.

Tell me what you think.

Why pick another project QB with the # 6 in the draft. When there is real talent at #6. Next year is the year for QB's.
Hackenberg, in 2016 with the second round pick
Petty in 2015 with a fourth round pick.
Geno Smith in 2013 with a second round pick.
Now in 2017 another QB project no thanks.
NO MORE PROJECTS.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Mock Draft from Maine Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
jetfuel wrote:

Tell me what you think.

Why pick another project QB with the # 6 in the draft. When there is real talent at #6. Next year is the year for QB's.
Hackenberg, in 2016 with the second round pick
Petty in 2015 with a fourth round pick.
Geno Smith in 2013 with a second round pick.
Now in 2017 another QB project no thanks.
NO MORE PROJECTS.

Once you get below the 4 pick not all these guys will be studs. from what I have seen I like Mitch a lot. I also think the Jets like him a lot. Just because you pick someone in last years draft should NOT influence you on your pick this year. I would go with BPA and I think it is Mitch.

By the way how many times have I've heard next years draft class is better for QB or over all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: